What really obvious thing have you only just realised?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    For some reason I though Kim Basinger was the model and voice of Jessica Rabbit but the voice was Kathleen Turner.

You're probably thinking of Cool World which was a similar blend of live action and animation and which did star Kim Basinger.
  • RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrsmoose wrote: »
    My husband woke me up at 7:30am a few days ago to tell he's he's just realised why Scarecrows are called Scarecrows.

This really made me smile :D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    edgayton wrote: »
    You're probably thinking of Cool World which was a similar blend of live action and animation and which did star Kim Basinger.
    Possibly although I don't think i've seen that one.
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sky channel more>movies is called more than movies. I thought it was just more movies and could never understand why the symbol was there :blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    Pierce Brosnan is Irish.
  • wackywwackyw Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that to avoid the annoyance of having to pull out that sliver of paper that falls into the bowl with my oily tuna ( when using a certain type of tin opener ) .... all I had to do was remove the label from the tin beforehand :blush: Even more annoying is now the tins I buy have ring pulls, meaning my eureka moment has only benefited me for a few weeks.
  • Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That there are some terminally stupid members of DS.
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right from when we were very small, whenever we'd made a mess my mum would often grumble 'Look at the state of this place - it looks like a bomb's hit it!'. It wasn't until I was about nine that I realised what she'd been saying and stopped wondering what a 'bomzittit' was :)

More recently, I've found out that 'tardy' means 'late'. I always thought it meant 'slovenly'!
    I used to think there was a creature called an apoth, which was famously daft. In my head it was rather like Bigfoot.
    Forum Member
    The phrase Dead as a Doornail

I always thought the original phrase was Dead as a Dodo and it was changed as not to upset animal lovers :D
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The phrase Dead as a Doornail

I always thought the original phrase was Dead as a Dodo and it was changed as not to upset animal lovers :D

I still say 'dead as a Dodo' it's a good phrase to use.

In answer to the thread:
    Cats have 3 pairs of eyelids - I always thought they had 2
  • SambdaSambda Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member
    I am watching some old "Grange Hill" episodes. The badge on the blazers always looked like two dollar signs to me. I always wondered what it meant.

I find out the left-most symbol is, in fact, a stylised "G". The right-most symbol is an "S". The vertical centre strokes through both characters are an "H" which overlaps them. Hence it's "GHS" - Grange Hill School..... and not two $ signs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TomGrant wrote: »
    I've noticed a lot of idiots on Facebook now realising that Titanic wasn't just a movie.

I'm beginning to realise that the world sadly for all of us is full of `Idiots`
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought Ray Liotta's name was Ray-Lee Otter.
  • CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That annoyingly dopey TV ad with all the Hank Marvins
    I've just twigged Hank Marvin = Starving.

Who the **** under 60 has heard of Marvin anyway ?
  • stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    That the word miniseries that I've seen on many a TV programme is actually "mini-series". I always thought it was a new-fangled word, pronounced differently.
  • Bobbity-booBobbity-boo Posts: 974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Centaurion wrote: »
    That annoyingly dopey TV ad with all the Hank Marvins
    I've just twigged Hank Marvin = Starving.

Who the **** under 60 has heard of Marvin anyway ?

Well I'm 59 and I've certainly heard of Hank Marvin. So there!
  • ChrisJamesSatsChrisJamesSats Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    That pancakes are called pancakes because they're a cake made in a pan.
  • oscardelahoyaoscardelahoya Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salbates wrote: »
    I thought that the lyrics to 'One Man went to Mow' were 'One man went to Mow, went to Mow and Meadow.' I was convinced that he went to two places, Mow and Meadow. Until my husband pointed out it was 'mow A meadow'!!! :o:D

My grandma always used to wear mohair jumpers, and I thought the words were mohair meadow :blush: I had visions of pink furry fields.
    Forum Member
    Lyceum wrote: »
    I always thought Ray Liotta's name was Ray-Lee Otter.
    I used to think that Top Gear's Tiff Needell was called Tiffney Dell :D
  • WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member
    I had been driving for about 10 years before I realised I should give way to vehicles approaching from my right on a roundabout!

Shocking:o:o:o
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WinterLily wrote: »
    I had been driving for about 10 years before I realised I should give way to vehicles approaching from my right on a roundabout!

:o:confused:

You are joking surely? How can you still be alive
  • WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member

No I am totally serious. I passed my driving test in 1979 and had a car from day one. Maybe I was just lucky but I usually just gave way to anyone on a roundabout regardless of whether they were approaching from my left or right.

I have always been a rather considerate driver.;-)
    Forum Member
    WinterLily wrote: »

Some people don't seem to know it now.
    The people spead all ages so some would have done the theory test and some will have passed the test recently.

So you're sat there at a roundabout waiting for them to go and they just sit there and if you do get a view of them they can been either confused, wary of what to do or angry that you haven't moved when it's their right of way!!!
  • zsb37105qtyzzsb37105qtyz Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Hemel Hempstead is in the UK, not in South Africa:blush:
    Forum Member
    That Hemel Hempstead is in the UK, not in South Africa:blush:
    For years I though Billericay was in Ireland.