Simone Battle member of GRL dies aged 25

storyofmylifestoryofmylife Posts: 1,324
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Such sad news, she had a great voice and was just setting her career out. GRL were even going to top the top 5 this weekend with Ugly Heart. R.I.P

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never heard of her but 25 is no age to die. RIP.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    It sadly might go higher because of this. Very sad. I wonder what the band will do now.
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful. I'm 25 myself and I feel my life is still beginning. Her career was destined to be huge, such a sad loss for her family, friends, and band mates.
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    I've not heard of her or GRL. Still very sad to hear someone so young has died.

RIP.x
  • strictmachinestrictmachine Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My jaw dropped when I saw this on the main page, I had just become aware of the band and really like Ugly Heart. So unexpected. RIP.
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    oh her that pretty one! she was on the x factor usa opening season with that really bad presenter they had to sack. was shown on itv2 at the time.

rip to her
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really sad news, Simone wasn't the best singer on The X Factor USA but had amazing star quality and as soon as I saw her in G.R.L. I had a feeling she would be the star of the band. I love the track 'Ugly Heart' and true enough when they performed on the Aussie X Factor, Simone was the star attraction, I think if the band had been successful (which they clearly were on course to be), she could have been a real star in her own right. But I suppose we'll never know
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is very sad.

Someone who on the outside seemed to have it "all"- looks, fame, money, success.

It just goes to show that no matter how "perfect" someone's life seems, they might be in turmoil on the inside.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    laska wrote: »
    This is very sad.

Someone who on the outside seemed to have it "all"- looks, fame, money, success.

It just goes to show that no matter how "perfect" someone's life seems, they might be in turmoil on the inside.
    The cause of her death hasn't been released - do you know it was suicide? I'm only saying that because a friend of mine died suddenly, aged 25, and everyone assumed he'd taken his own life, but he hadn't, he died of natural causes.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only seen it reported as an "apparent suicide" at the moment, no confirmation.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Simone, condolences to all family and friends :(

25 is no age.
  • BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    The cause of her death hasn't been released - do you know it was suicide? I'm only saying that because a friend of mine died suddenly, aged 25, and everyone assumed he'd taken his own life, but he hadn't, he died of natural causes.

She was found hanging in her bedroom closet.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Oh Christ. Poor girl. Poor family. May she rest in peace.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Boyard wrote: »
    She was found hanging in her bedroom closet.

oh my god. where have you heard this ?
  • CpCCpC Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »
    oh my god. where have you heard this ?

It was on TMZ's site. Her father also confirmed it, she was found by her boyfriend.
  • ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the LAPD also confirmed it. So sad and such a waste of a life :-(
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,696
    Forum Member
    Deeply tragic,sympathy to her loved ones:(