Advice please

gothergother Posts: 14,699
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm getting a kitten on Sunday but could do with a bit of help please.
The kitten is only 7 weeks old so how many pouches of food per day would she require?
Also a big doubt that i have is i live in the 20th floor although the kitten will have more chance platting treacle than being able to jump up to the windows. Would the kitten be ok with having to stay indoors?
I'll be buying a scratching pole thing , litter tray and a few toys for the kitten too.

Comments

• missyaliciamissyalicia Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'll be fine indoors but be careful with open windows/balconies/windowsills. Mine have climbed out onto an upper floor sill and it gave me the fright of my life! They were fine though. They just reversed back through the opening. I've now got blinds which stops them.

As for food, it depends what brand and what exactly you're feeding. For example, a combination of wet and dry. I would go gently at first as she's very young.
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you get Whiskas Kitten it will have a guide on the back for how often to feed it.

Also, do not under-estimate how high a cat/kitten can actually jump.

If the cat has toys/scratch pole/litter tray, there will be no problem keeping it indoors.
  • cats_fivecats_five Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She will be fine indoors. Let her eat as much as she wants, take her to the vets in a couple of weeks or so for her first shot, I would get her wormed and chipped as well. I would also check her very carefully for any sign of fleas - flea dirt shows as little black specks which will dissolve in water to give a reddish stain. BTW the best toy for a kitten is another kitten...