Options

The Jewellery Channel returns again on Channel 60

SKYtvFREAKSKYtvFREAK Posts: 2,340
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just been watching TJC and just heard they have returned/about to return to another seperate Freeview channel on LCN 60 between midday and 2pm today, which is in addition to their block on 5USA.

I'm not sure on MUX details but I'm sure somebody can help out (Ray?) once it does appear.

But one thing I do know, is that the channel will be running throughout the night from 2am until 6am, so is now 24 hours like Gems TV on Sky, Freesat and Freeview.

Another retune is required this afternoon!! ;)

Comments

• Options
    Ray CathodeRay Cathode Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SKYtvFREAK wrote: »
    Just been watching TJC and just heard they have returned/about to return to another seperate Freeview channel on LCN 60 between midday and 2pm today, which is in addition to their block on 5USA.

Nothing visible here yet but I understand that TJC is taking up some or all of the ex Challenge capacity on Mux A / SDN.
  • Options
    a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    Nothing visible here yet but I understand that TJC is taking up some or all of the ex Challenge capacity on Mux A / SDN.

Aaaaagh!

(Given that the ex-Challenge capacity isn't suited to a UK wide 24 hour a day service, I suppose a shopping channel is the best they could do)
  • Options
    MuzerMuzer Posts: 3,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2am to 6am? Not too bad, a decent channel could still launch from 6am-2am :p

Also, not surprised that my prediction came true about DMOL just using 60-69 for now :p
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    They have just put a huge caption up, "24 hours a day on Freeview Channel 60"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's now on air. Mux A/SDN.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So is it 24/7 in Wales anybody?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For the record, the introduction of channel 60 has removed channel 795 (old Challenge) from my TV line up, without having to move a finger. I like it!
  • Options
    moon2011moon2011 Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    a516 wrote: »
    For the record, the introduction of channel 60 has removed channel 795 (old Challenge) from my TV line up, without having to move a finger. I like it!

you should work for psychic TV :eek: as i was just about to ask that :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Jewellery Channel LCN 60 now has full EPG information and confirms that the channel is 24/7 lets hope they move of 5USA so they can show better TV programs :D
  • Options
    tompaynetompayne Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Hopefully the long awaited Milkshake channel might make an appearance now. 06:00-12:00 not ideal hours for a kids channel, would need to be until at least 18:00 to make it worth while I would have thought.

Wasnt there some talk of an Ofcom license recently?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gah, I should have seen that one coming. Though I'm sure this'll make some people happy. Can any Welsh viewers determine its hours there? Just trying to ascertain whether or not it has assimilated the ex-ITV2 +1 slot there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tompayne: yes, though it was filed under the sort of licence used for internet services if my memory serves me correctly - the likelihood is that this is a mistake.
  • Options
    SKYtvFREAKSKYtvFREAK Posts: 2,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muzer wrote: »
    2am to 6am? Not too bad, a decent channel could still launch from 6am-2am :p

Also, not surprised that my prediction came true about DMOL just using 60-69 for now :p

sorry, when I originally wrote 2am-6am, I meant that was in addition to the current 6am-2am, making it 24 hours :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SKYtvFREAK wrote: »
    sorry, when I originally wrote 2am-6am, I meant that was in addition to the current 6am-2am, making it 24 hours :p

so its 24/7 on LCN 60 & 6AM-midday on LCN 31 hope there contract with LCN 31 end at the beginning of next month
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do they own any other channels? If so, I expect they'll do what Gems TV do and put their flagship on 5 USA with the higher LCN when it's on, and during that time show their alternative channel on LCN 60.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do they own any other channels? If so, I expect they'll do what Gems TV do and put their flagship on 5 USA with the higher LCN when it's on, and during that time show their alternative channel on LCN 60.

They don't have another channel. The 5 USA outlet is to get on Virgin cable. They already have Freesat and BSB EPG slots.

There are three possibilities for TJC Welsh coverage.

1 None
    2 6am-7pm
    3 24 hour.

Any clues would be welcome but going by the response so far it seems that the answer is number 1. DMOL might know. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed, The Jewellery Channel's service label is ridiculously long, in what looks like an out of spec way. My Panny G20 TV handles it fine, but the Humax PVR-9200T cuts it off after the first 14 characters (which I assume is the spec) in all places but the "extended info" screen (press "i" twice), so it just says "The Jewellery ". Pretty sure DMOL should have something to say about that...

(Also interesting is that, with the 9200T's 7-character display on the front, the channel name appears as "THE JEW" :p)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its previous incarnation on LCN44 was "Jewellery Channel"
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations DMOL on making the EPG even more messy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm - reading up, the 14 character limit appears to be de facto rather than an actual limitation - I just looked at some DVB specs and it says that boxes should make provisions for at least 30 character service and event names. So obviously when companies put 12 (ONDigital/ITV Digital) and 14 (later boxes) character limits on the names when making boxes (violating spec), most broadcasters limited their channel names to that length.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They don't have another channel. The 5 USA outlet is to get on Virgin cable. They already have Freesat and BSB EPG slots.

There are three possibilities for TJC Welsh coverage.

1 None
    2 6am-7pm
    3 24 hour.

Any clues would be welcome but going by the response so far it seems that the answer is number 1. DMOL might know. :rolleyes:

Ray DMOL have now updated they website
    September 21st 2011:
    Challenge moved from Mux A/COM 4 to Mux C/COM 5 and Jewellery Channel launched on Mux A/COM 4

Hope that helps :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marked as available everywhere here: http://www.dmol.co.uk/mux_post.php

Though that doesn't say much :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Marked as available everywhere here: http://www.dmol.co.uk/mux_post.php

Though that doesn't say much :p

so is Pick TV+1 :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd prefer to hear from real Welsh viewers rather than believe DMOL. Funny that no one has mentioned receiving it there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd prefer to hear from real Welsh viewers rather than believe DMOL. Funny that no one has mentioned receiving it there?

The only problem is how would they no about it a part from on here of course but there been no advertisement may be some members who watch brand new TNA on Sunday will rescan and find it in Wales :D