Options

Why did Zoe Lucker, Jamie Lomas and Gary Lucy fail ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mattyboii1995Mattyboii1995 Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Jamie Lomas has failed, I am finding the character of Jake intriguing and he is part of a good storyline. And he's not left the show (yet) and I don't know whether his departure is in the pipeline.

Zoe Lucker is a fantastic actress but the character of Vanessa was probably not one that had a long future in the show, just because she was not the type of person who would have been happy living in Walford, it would have been a massive comedown for her.

As for Gary Lucy, his character has been wasted and there wasn't really any point in Danny returning to the show as he has been given virtually nothing to do except a relationship with Lucy and kissing Johnny, but in both of these instances he has been simply a plot device.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    middle classed people or those who don't work in the square never do very well in EE sadly. Those who don't work in the square we don't see their interactions with collegues or care about the things they may be focused on, although it is rounded to show them, they tend to come and go.

Jamie Lomax has a very distinct look & I do feel that he should have arrived with longer scruffier hair to help shift his very recent other character.

still surprised these isn't a chinese takeaway run by a chinese family, peeing off ian by selling chips...or a house full of polish people.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    middle classed people or those who don't work in the square never do very well in EE sadly. Those who don't work in the square we don't see their interactions with collegues or care about the things they may be focused on, although it is rounded to show them, they tend to come and go.

Jamie Lomax has a very distinct look & I do feel that he should have arrived with longer scruffier hair to help shift his very recent other character.

still surprised these isn't a chinese takeaway run by a chinese family, peeing off ian by selling chips...or a house full of polish people.

Most East End Squares in reality are full of middle class professionals, the working class moved out to the suburbs years ago- EastEnders have still not reflected this however.