Options

BB Viewers really p**s me off!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Why is it BB viewers are "so shocked" with literally every episode of BB?
I swear, it's like some of you have never watched BB before.
YES it's controversial!!!
YES it's offensive!!
WHO CARES?........ It's a TV show!!!

So far, just tonight, I've read:

"I'm so offended by Marlon & Ash's "****" conversation"
"Kick Helen out!!!"
"BB support bullying"

You are very much entitled to your opinion but it doesn't make you right.

It really is a simple fact that if you are so horrified or disgusted by something then just turn away.
Viewers of BB have really become what I'm calling "young moaners", you simply moan about anything on the show given the chance.

It IS people like you that destroy ANY potential for an exciting series.

It's the same so called "fans" that complain to Ofcom about various elements of BB that offend them?

If this doesn't apply to you then that's fantastic!
If it does apply to you then why the hell do you watch BB? .... It wasn't made for people like you!

Comments

• Options
    EchoFallsEchoFalls Posts: 3,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nail on head.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    venting about the show is fine, it's what fans do.

complaining to ofcom about every little thing is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    I agree complaining to OFCOM is tiresome and unecessary.

However - it is the controversy and shock value that make this show what it is. It is the life blood of this forum. Surely the forum is designed for us all to come and discuss, debate and let off steam.

OP you yourself are a BB viewer - I find it odd that you say BB viewers pi$$ you off - are you really a cut above?
  • Options
    BaconAndEggsBaconAndEggs Posts: 9,526
    Forum Member
    Musick1 wrote: »
    YES it's offensive!!

"Kick Helen out!!!"
    "BB support bullying"

It really is a simple fact that if you are so horrified or disgusted by something then just turn away.
    Viewers of BB have really become what I'm calling "young moaners", you simply moan about anything on the show given the chance.

It's the same so called "fans" that complain to Ofcom about various elements of BB that offend them?

If it does apply to you then why the hell do you watch BB? .... It wasn't made for people like you!

Most of the complaints i read are from people complaining about the stars of the show. Pauline has been complained about in terms of being "Evil" and "a cult leader". Helen as a "Prostitute"

Has the show been created for that type of BB viewer or should they switch off also?

What type of viewer has BB been created for anyway, if not those that bitch n moan?
  • Options
    EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YES it's offensive!!

"Kick Helen out!!!"
    "BB support bullying"

I guess then, according to your logic, neither does your opinion make you right?

So let them post what they want. Why get fussed about it?
  • Options
    LiamOKLiamOK Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do agree with the ofcom statement, I hate it when people complain to ofcom and I just don't understand it one bit. Especially if it's a show you watch yourself.

The rest is total rubbish, you yourself are moaning about people moaning. I like to think of it as discussing. And yeah it can be seen as 'only a TV show' but it's not, it's a reality show with real people - it's not fiction. So if we see someone being bullied or someone deluded taking over, well then it's actually happening. Just changing the channel won't change what's going on in the house.

I can't bear to watch Pauline & Helen bully people like Jale & Christopher but it doesn't mean I'm going to quit watching the actual show - we're allowed to not like people & discuss our reasons for doing so. You wouldn't walk out of a good movie because you didn't like the bad guy but you liked everyone else.

You could use your op for basically every other thing on TV. Some people get a lil crazy over their soaps, football, X Factor, BGt, etc. It's all the same but instead for BB. Get over it.
  • Options
    JennyukJennyuk Posts: 20,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LiamOK wrote: »
    I do agree with the ofcom statement, I hate it when people complain to ofcom and I just don't understand it one bit. Especially if it's a show you watch yourself.

The rest is total rubbish, you yourself are moaning about people moaning. I like to think of it as discussing. And yeah it can be seen as 'only a TV show' but it's not, it's a reality show with real people - it's not fiction. So if we see someone being bullied or someone deluded taking over, well then it's actually happening. Just changing the channel won't change what's going on in the house.

I can't bear to watch Pauline & Helen bully people like Jale & Christopher but it doesn't mean I'm going to quit watching the actual show - we're allowed to not like people & discuss our reasons for doing so. You wouldn't walk out of a good movie because you didn't like the bad guy but you liked everyone else.

You could use your op for basically every other thing on TV. Some people get a lil crazy over their soaps, football, X Factor, BGt, etc. It's all the same but instead for BB. Get over it.

A very good post and 100% agree with you.
  • Options
    LuxrayLuxray Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Spot on. +1
    My thoughts into words.
  • Options
    Jacs75Jacs75 Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well said. I totally agree with you.
  • Options
    JillyAJillyA Posts: 2,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

well said!
  • Options
    B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    OP, you have totally missed the point of watching BB.

We watch the show, we judge the HMs, then we vote off the ones we don't like.
    Some of us get rather passionate about it. :D
  • Options
    BirdcageBirdcage Posts: 6,499
    Forum Member
    Yep, LiamOk has summed it up perfectly.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need to create villains.

Moan about them on the forum.

Then kick them out.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    YES it's offensive!!

"Kick Helen out!!!"
    "BB support bullying"

Indeed it doesn't make you right. What makes you think it was made for people like you?

I have found this series and the last and the CBB's in between perfectly exciting and entertaining thanks. I have an issue with the level of interference at times (too much information leaking in from the outside etc) but I haven't seen any impact in terms of destroying the potential for an exciting series from complaints
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mute quite a bit of the show or cover my eyes at some of it, but the show is there for us to do that if we wish, plus I also shout at the TV, I find it amazing how vindictive and bitchy people are, and, how bad eating and table manners are
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Part of the enjoyment is moaning at the tv or talking rubbish about it here/twitter/facebook. Personally OFCOM isn't a place i'd go too as a fan of this show. Maybe just maybe the show isn't for YOU....:D

I think every year these HM surely can't make the same mistakes and they never disappoint me, they always give me something to talk about :o
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you ever watched a football match with a bunch of people - they shout at the screen, swear, say what the manager/players are doing wrong, moan and groan about the whole bloody thing the whole way through.

Why on earth do they watch if they dislike it all so much? :D;)

LiamOK - I love how you put it, I'll +37 on that :D
  • Options
    Forget-me-notForget-me-not Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    We need to create villains.

Moan about them on the forum.

Then kick them out.

Exactly - this is what makes the show so enjoyable in a shock, horror, disgusted of Tunbridge Wells sort of way. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Just because people are raising opinions and criticising housemate's behaviour does not mean they are criticising the show ..... there is a big difference.

I doubt any people on this forum would be complaining to Ofcom .. those complaints come from people who do not appreciate the show and find it offensive. For those people I would urge them to use their off button on the remote control rather than wasting their time complaining.

Big Brother has been on for long enough for people to know what it is about .... it is also on Channel 5 at 10 pm so hardly peak viewing time.

Let us voice our opinions on this forum without being castigated ....
  • Options
    binksy111binksy111 Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Switch off ur computer then :D:D
  • Options
    B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    binksy111 wrote: »

lol! :D
  • Options
    BirdcageBirdcage Posts: 6,499
    Forum Member

Ha ha ha!!
  • Options
    SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flowers786 wrote: »
    venting about the show is fine, it's what fans do.

complaining to ofcom about every little thing is ridiculous.

Agree.....

Seems like a normal BB to me.........some moan, some complain, some just have fun.......long live BB.......
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is true that there are rarely threads which aren't moaning - but then there is a section dedicated to those (the Appreciation threads) so they aren't likely to pop up on the main BB forum.

ETA: Moaning - not exactly the right word but it works for the purpose of this thread - I don't personally think all threads are moaning :D
  • Options
    BonniekiltyBonniekilty Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D