Rewatching the Eleventh Hour

sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So sad. Amy+Rory are my all time favourite companions and it's bloody heartbreaking to see their first episode when we know what happens. But I'm glad they got a decent send off, even though I'll miss them. Long live Amy and Rory!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im gonna be a wreck when i see Eleventh Hour again....that episode came at the eprfect time for me in 2010....i have bonded with this Team TARDIS a lot...yesterday brought the whole poignance to a forefront. So when i rewatch them again i truly feel emotional :(

But i cannot wait to relive the adventures...series 5, 6 and 7.1 are sublime!
  • sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    series 5, 6 and 7.1 are sublime!

Deffo, best Dr Who's ever been if you ask me
  • tonywilsontonywilson Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    My favourite thing about Moffat's first series is the sense of magic and wonder, almost fairy tale like without being too childish. I'd love a return to that style.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deffo, best Dr Who's ever been if you ask me

definitely!

Also i too love that Fairytale vibe of series 5.

Well i loved the journey....series 5 - Fairytale, Series 6 - Dark Nightmare/Burton style, series 7 - Movie Epic per week/Storybook.

It has been a sublime journey and a sublime era....a true golden era!

I will forever miss the Ponds but i cannot wait to see where Matt heads next....the next era under the Matt Smith Reign...and hope (and think) series 7.2 will continue the momentum and standard set by series 7.1 :cool:
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i felt quite sad watching it friday night

but what i did notice which pleased me immensely and what i obv didn't see first time round..

at the very end of the episode when amy is going with him, there is a flashback to amelia waiting. you heard the sound of the tardis arrive and she turns round and smiles..

i completely missed it when s moffat said "we come back to something thats been there from the first episode in angels take manhattan". at the end of angels amy tells him to go and tell amelia everything will be ok - and we get a repeat of that scene of her as a little girl. he obviously had that ending in mind from the start. can't believe i missed it first time round!
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,467
    Forum Member
    PJ68 wrote: »
    i felt quite sad watching it friday night

but what i did notice which pleased me immensely and what i obv didn't see first time round..

at the very end of the episode when amy is going with him, there is a flashback to amelia waiting. you heard the sound of the tardis arrive and she turns round and smiles..

i completely missed it when s moffat said "we come back to something thats been there from the first episode in angels take manhattan". at the end of angels amy tells him to go and tell amelia everything will be ok - and we get a repeat of that scene of her as a little girl. he obviously had that ending in mind from the start. can't believe i missed it first time round!

I've just rewatched that bit in 11th Hour and I can't see any hint of TATM there...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GDK wrote: »
    I've just rewatched that bit in 11th Hour and I can't see any hint of TATM there...

The end?
    Forum Member
    I see. It' actually the shot of the models. :o

You know, all the stuff I've read here about that talks about little Amy in the garden, turning and smiling (so I was looking for that in TEH) and not about the models. In TEH, that's not shown (the turn and the smile and the sound of the TARDIS landing).

It's the equivalent of the shot of old Rose's mementoes in Titanic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You know, all the stuff I've read here about that talks about little Amy in the garden, turning and smiling (so I was looking for that in TEH) and not about the models. In TEH, that's not shown (the turn and the smile and the sound of the TARDIS landing).

The shot from TEH is from before amy wakes up and leaves with the doctor... We're supposed too think she's dreaming... Then we see it at the end if TAtM
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im gonna be a wreck when i see Eleventh Hour again....that episode came at the eprfect time for me in 2010....i have bonded with this Team TARDIS a lot...yesterday brought the whole poignance to a forefront. So when i rewatch them again i truly feel emotional :(

But i cannot wait to relive the adventures...series 5, 6 and 7.1 are sublime!

I noticed when the Doctor gets back to see what the TARDIS has for him this time, he's got a watch from his clothes taken from the hospital ... and he manages to keep it going for the next 300 years of life or so (we see him checking it in the Dalek Parliament! That's quality!
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

it is - right at the end

here at 55.55 http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rs6t7/Doctor_Who_Series_5_The_Eleventh_Hour/
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes it is! I was particularly looking out for it BECAUSE of TATM!! It's exactly the same shot from TEH reused in TATM. Young Amy is on her suitcase in the garden, hears the Tardis, turns her head slightly upwards, then immediately (in TEH) wakes up in bed with what we're supposed to assume is the sound in her head from a dream.

Anyway, someone else has posted the time index if you want to check it out on iplayer, but believe me, it was there when it was broadcast the other night.
    Forum Member
    Ok. My bad! :) I just checked at the time index. :o I had been looking much earlier in TEH, when Amy first sits on her suitcase in the garden and right at the end, the tracking shot over the toys/model/drawings that finishes on the wedding dress. Not at 55:55 (or thereabouts).
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought all of series 5 was pretty meh to be honest. I don't think the stories were very strong. The Eleventh Hour was good because of all the new characters, Karen acting was good as well.
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. My bad! :) I just checked at the time index. :o I had been looking much earlier in TEH, when Amy first sits on her suitcase in the garden and right at the end, the tracking shot over the toys/model/drawings that finishes on the wedding dress. Not at 55:55 (or thereabouts).

No worries, it was only because I was especially looking out for it (this being the first time I'd rewatched TEH since TATM - I can never find the spare money to buy the box sets) that I noted it with such certainty!
  • TLC1098TLC1098 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved series 5 and 7 but I couldn't stand series 6.