Options

Sky HD Subscription, How Much?

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Zeropoint1 wrote:
    Where does £2000+ come from? I've seen HD ready tv's advertised in the Woolworths brouchers for £699, still not cheap but more in my and millions of other peoples price range.
    I forget there is a 'budget' end to HD display market these days; my mum just bought a 42" plasma for £2000, and my 50" plasma cost me £7000 three years ago. :)

But I stand by my point that BSkyB will assume £10pm isn't that much money if you can afford to buy HD set.

StooMonster
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    You you think sky will let have two HD+ stbs. One for the projector and one for the LCD panel in the kitchen?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure if you write them a big enough cheque they will!
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £499 for a set top box to receive hdtv is extortionate. just as with sky, they will end up giving the box for free to those who take out subscription contracts. bide your time.
  • Options
    hxbrohxbro Posts: 2,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they don't give the sky+ box away free, it'll probably be a long time before the hd box is given away.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    louise1966 wrote:
    £499 for a set top box to receive hdtv is extortionate. just as with sky, they will end up giving the box for free to those who take out subscription contracts. bide your time.

Still no free SKY+ 4 years after launch and quite honestly I am prepared to pay for something I want, one of the reasons I work for a living:)

As for the price you quote we simply do not know the price SKY will offer the new STB at nor it's retail value but we do have a good idea of the retail cost of a FTA HD STB (mpeg4, DVBS-2 etc) and factor in the additional tuner and HDD for SKY+ HD then the £400-£500 (with install) speculated price becomes reasonable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gumbo wrote:
    You you think sky will let have two HD+ stbs. One for the projector and one for the LCD panel in the kitchen?

High Def in the kitchen!

Blimey I am impressed:)