Options

iOS 7 Today! {CHAT THREAD}

Comments

• Options
    tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Just a question (and I am sorry if its been asked/answered before but with over 40 pages in this thread its a hard slog) but is anyone having issues with regards to the Podcast app ans synching in Itunes. I used to have a great library of podcasts that I had to replace everyone due to the new updated podcast app so even lost some old episodes which I'll never get back. Now they don't download all podcasts, you can't pick and choose which podcasts you want on your phone or other device, some episodes don't transfer even if you have downloaded them on your device etc? Is anyone having these sorts of problems? And any solutions?

Not sure why anyone uses Apple's podcast app. Products like Downcast are so much better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    From the current whatsapp faq it says;
    We do not support tablets or Wi-Fi only devices at this time.

http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/android/21166563
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lettice wrote: »
    From the current whatsapp faq it says;
    We do not support tablets or Wi-Fi only devices at this time.

http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/android/21166563

Is that referring to android? Try Viber.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Is that referring to android? Try Viber.

Oops, did wrong link, the iPad/iPod specific mention is here;
    http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/iphone/20950161
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lettice wrote: »
    Oops, did wrong link, the iPad/iPod specific mention is here;
    http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/iphone/20950161

Most people want it for their phones. Maybe Viber works for iPads and iPods.
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TescoJeans wrote: »
    Has anyone installed the latest version of the Facebook app? I read the reviews and decided not to.
    Yeah, well it auto updated. Not had any problems or noticed much difference since it updated for iso7 :p
    TescoJeans wrote: »
    Seems a lot of apps have had a redesign for iOS 7.
    Well yeah...kinda have to really :D
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another weird one I've noticed on the iPad. Tapping on a day in the month view doesn't take you to that day's day view.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tdenson wrote: »
    Not sure why anyone uses Apple's podcast app. Products like Downcast are so much better.

That may be the case but If I am linking with the Itunes store it is much easier for me.
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Anyone know how I can change my payment info within iCloud?

I have gone to iCloud.com and signed in but there are no options to manage payment info? Also, when I look at the support pages, it says I can do this from a Windows pc by downloading the iCloud Control Panel, however, I don't really want to go down this route as I am currently using a work pc and I really don't want my iPhone 5 accidentally syncing to this pc if I download the control panel!!

I am sure there used to be an option on the website somewhere but cannot find it anywhere....?!
  • Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »
    Anyone know how I can change my payment info within iCloud?

I have gone to iCloud.com and signed in but there are no options to manage payment info? Also, when I look at the support pages, it says I can do this from a Windows pc by downloading the iCloud Control Panel, however, I don't really want to go down this route as I am currently using a work pc and I really don't want my iPhone 5 accidentally syncing to this pc if I download the control panel!!

I am sure there used to be an option on the website somewhere but cannot find it anywhere....?!

Took about 5 seconds to Google: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph2616
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CrazyLoop wrote: »

It's weird how some people are experiencing more bugs than others. I thought everyone would have the same problems. But it seems not.
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's weird how some people are experiencing more bugs than others. I thought everyone would have the same problems. But it seems not.
    I think that's always the case maybe?

I'm just slightly amused because you don't usually get the first update after a new ios so quickly (I don't think), let alone two :D:p

But it's good they're sorting issues out very quickly
  • Options
    TmeltTmelt Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    I just received my 5S today and restored it from my 4S. I synced my 4S just beforehand and all the music and playlists synced over just fine, I have just done the same with my 5S but the smart playlists didn't sync... I don't use iMatch so it isn't anything to do with. Any ideas as to how I can resolve this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tmelt wrote: »
    I just received my 5S today and restored it from my 4S. I synced my 4S just beforehand and all the music and playlists synced over just fine, I have just done the same with my 5S but the smart playlists didn't sync... I don't use iMatch so it isn't anything to do with. Any ideas as to how I can resolve this?

Did you backup your playlist on iTunes?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did you backup your playlist on iTunes?

Yep they are all backed up and fine on iTunes and all syncing properly to my 4S. My personally made playlists are syncing fine to my 5S bu the smart playlists won't
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tmelt wrote: »
    Yep they are all backed up and fine on iTunes and all syncing properly to my 4S. My personally made playlists are syncing fine to my 5S bu the smart playlists won't

Did you transfer/ sync via iTunes or iCloud?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did you transfer/ sync via iTunes or iCloud?

via iTunes
  • Options
    TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Safari when you used to click in the search bar, your most recent searches automatically popped up, most recent search first. Is there any way of getting this back?
  • Options
    wod1wod1 Posts: 6,152
    Forum Member
    Any one having issues with the latest youtube app on ios7 ?

Been getting a lot of playback error messages or videos not loading at all even over 3G and wifi.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Anyone else lost their custom ringtones. They look like they are in the tones section on iTunes library and the tones section on my iPhone on iTunes but not physically on the phone. Anyone got an idea how I get them back on the phone? Ta
  • Options
    Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wod1 wrote: »

Been getting a lot of playback error messages or videos not loading at all even over 3G and wifi.

Use Jasmine, much better youtube app and you can also set the quality aswell,all the way up to 1080p if you want. The normal YouTube app doesn't allow you to change it.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    wod1 wrote: »

YouTube have been making some changes lately which has resulted playback errors on other devices too, I've not been able to use YouTube on my Humax Freesat box for over a week now.
    You should report it on their trouble page for iOS devises. http://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!categories/youtube/ios
  • Options
    Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    YouTube have been making some changes lately which has resulted playback errors on other devices too, I've not been able to use YouTube on my Humax Freesat box for over a week now.
    You should report it on their trouble page for iOS devises. http://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!categories/youtube/ios

See my post above, never had a single problem with YouTube on other "better" replacement apps ;)
  • Options
    wod1wod1 Posts: 6,152
    Forum Member
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    Use Jasmine, much better youtube app and you can also set the quality aswell,all the way up to 1080p if you want. The normal YouTube app doesn't allow you to change it.

Funny you should mention jasmine, I was looking at youtube players and saw this, must be a new app didn't have many reviews.

It works great very streamlined compared to the other apps.