eHarmony

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good! That's what it's all about.

And all the time we won't be spending the weekend wondering why he hasn't called yet, sulking after a row or posting horrifically embarrassing drunken love declarations on FB (not that I'm saying you or I would, but my latest guilty pleasure is seeing my FB feed on a Saturday morning & laughing at the drunken and not yet deleted stuff my mates have posted & passed ouy on)..........

See?! Being single ain't so bad! :D xx
  • BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturday girl just back in touch ..some sort of family emergency and said she would explain so ill give the benefit of the doubt although I did make her wait for an answer to the text (childish I know :D )

so Saturday is still on which im quite pleased about as she does seem a genuinely nice lady
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mookle wrote: »
    Haha thank you all. You are a good bunch.

I am feeling a bit better after allowing myself a few rants and tears. I've had a couple of nice messages on POF as well.

I hear what you are saying JAB - but I am pretty good at picking myself up after disappointment. I let it hit me last night and no doubt i'll feel it again but I feel ok about continuing for the time being. Sometimes there is absolutely no one about that I could be interested in and now I seem to have 3 possibilities so will see how they go.

It's like I crash occasionally. Like you MISSPG I'm fine and enjoying life, then my energy goes and I allow all the negativity in and let myself have a good wallow for a bit. It's only natural though I guess. If I didn't i'd be a robot.

I think we all do that sometimes, dating (especially online) can be really brutal sometimes, and it involves a lot of rejection. The thing about POF, and other sites I suppose, is that you can have good weeks and bad weeks, and new blood joins every day. Best of luck x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry :(

If it helps, it'll just be a salad.

And maybe some chips.....

A salad? At nandos? What a waste!
    Don't forget the peri peri salt on the chips, mmmm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mookle wrote: »
    Haha thank you all. You are a good bunch.

I am feeling a bit better after allowing myself a few rants and tears. I've had a couple of nice messages on POF as well.

I hear what you are saying JAB - but I am pretty good at picking myself up after disappointment. I let it hit me last night and no doubt i'll feel it again but I feel ok about continuing for the time being. Sometimes there is absolutely no one about that I could be interested in and now I seem to have 3 possibilities so will see how they go.

It's like I crash occasionally. Like you MISSPG I'm fine and enjoying life, then my energy goes and I allow all the negativity in and let myself have a good wallow for a bit. It's only natural though I guess. If I didn't i'd be a robot.

We all like a wallow and a rant occasionally as long as you're feeling better afterwards that the main thing :)

Actually, I could do with a right old rant myself as it happens but its not dating related so off to GD with me....
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    posting horrifically embarrassing drunken love declarations on FB

I thought only teenagers did stuff like that! I saw a meme (and usually I dislike these) recently about how the best relationships have no sign of them on Facebook. So true!
  • MookleMookle Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is. Though other people's relationship stuff on facebook can entertain me to a degree (the person who moans constantly about her husband and then on valentines day states he's the 'best hubby in the world' - you really shouldn't post up stuff like that on there. It's disrespectful.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    although I did make her wait for an answer to the text (childish I know :D )

Not childish at all- I prefer to refer to it as 'managing expectations' ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    Not childish at all- I prefer to refer to it as 'managing expectations' ;-)

Yeah im not at her beck and call i don't wait around

(shhh don't tell her i was stressing about it :blush::blush::blush::blush:;-))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    I thought only teenagers did stuff like that!

And extremely needy & insecure types. Of all ages :)
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Yeah im not at her beck and call i don't wait around

(shhh don't tell her i was stressing about it :blush::blush::blush::blush:;-))

As if I'd break the 'bro code' eh? My lips are sealed. ;-)
  • MookleMookle Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK so coffee date tomorrow sorted with a rather sexy italian man, and gig on Monday with another music freak.

I'll probably miss all this one day :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm meant to be making Matt dinner tonight (he's over at mine!) but after lurking on here I'm thinking it could be a night for nandos instead :l
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus Christ, what have I started?!

Ooh have a good un Mookle. I swear, everything comes to she/he who rants. That's my new motto :)
  • KitKat21KitKat21 Posts: 4,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Long time lurker. :blush:

I met someone for the first time on Thursday but it didn't work, we both agreed. But another man I'd been out with twice and I thought we were getting along really well because we has so much in common but he called today to say he just wanted to be friends. Which is basically a slap in the face really isn't it!

Anyway, feeling low anyway because I lost my job today and this just made me feel even worse and now I'm wondering what the hell is wrong with me. :(:(:(

It seemed like a good place to rant, having read others!
  • Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    mixture of ups and downs on here lets hope theres some more ups come this weekend :) Im on a date tomorrow night so shall be interesting :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funk You wrote: »
    mixture of ups and downs on here lets hope theres some more ups come this weekend :) Im on a date tomorrow night so shall be interesting :D

Your lack of sympathy and major self indulgence is outstanding well done
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KitKat21 wrote: »

I met someone for the first time on Thursday but it didn't work, we both agreed. But another man I'd been out with twice and I thought we were getting along really well because we has so much in common but he called today to say he just wanted to be friends. Which is basically a slap in the face really isn't it!

Anyway, feeling low anyway because I lost my job today and this just made me feel even worse and now I'm wondering what the hell is wrong with me. :(:(:(

Hey Friday night is a bit light for responses. Very sorry to hear you lost your job today which would be the most of my worries. So I think the man worries can wait a bit. All the best

Sorry forgot to add I'm sure there is nothing up with you like there isn't with anyone else on here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grotbags1 wrote: »
    Hey Friday night is a bit light for responses. Very sorry to hear you lost your job today which would be the most of my worries. So I think the man worries can wait a bit. All the best

Sorry forgot to add I'm sure there is nothing up with you like there isn't with anyone else on here

Ah the perils of posting while slightly drunk. :blush:

Thank you for the response though, feeling a bit more positive this morning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah the perils of posting while slightly drunk. :blush:

Thank you for the response though, feeling a bit more positive this morning.

I should have welcomed you better last night, feel free to post about your dating woes. Good to hear you're feeling more positive today, never think that there's something wrong with you though.

My replies last night were the culimination of what must be the 9 millionth Friday night sat in alone so apologies if I offended anyone, I was a bit fed up :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Rant away! This is a supportive thread, we only want the very best for each other on here. Sorry to hear about your recent rubbish luck. I'm sure there's absolutely nothing wrong with you though, things can change for the positive so quickly sometimes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Xela M wrote: »
    If he's a city lawyer it sounds like a fair reason.

Agreed, not a city lawyer, but I've had to cancel dates short notice due to work. Give him a chance to reschedule.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member

I think this is part and parcel of online dating. You're not alone.

[/QUOTE]Anyway, feeling low anyway because I lost my job today and this just made me feel even worse and now I'm wondering what the hell is wrong with me. :(:(:([/QUOTE]

I'm so sorry about this. There's nothing wrong with you, and you shouldn't link how you do at work with success/failure in online dating. Have you started looking for another job or are you going to take a couple of days or some time to process it. Good luck with the search.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well considering I'm supposed to meeting "Saturday girl " I'm 40 minutes and haven't heard from her all morning I think I can safely say that we aren't meeting ... I'm just glad I didn't leave home and left standing there like a plank

I mean is it too much for a text saying I've reconsidered or can't meet something's come up
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ariel1_ZZ wrote: »
    I think this is part and parcel of online dating. You're not alone.
    Anyway, feeling low anyway because I lost my job today and this just made me feel even worse and now I'm wondering what the hell is wrong with me. :(:(:([/QUOTE]

I'm so sorry about this. There's nothing wrong with you, and you shouldn't link how you do at work with success/failure in online dating. Have you started looking for another job or are you going to take a couple of days or some time to process it. Good luck with the search. [/QUOTE]

Thanks. Not going to start looking straight away as waiting for an operation to sort out sinus issues which is why I lost my job in the first place.
    Rant away! This is a supportive thread, we only want the very best for each other on here. Sorry to hear about your recent rubbish luck. I'm sure there's absolutely nothing wrong with you though, things can change for the positive so quickly sometimes.

Thanks. I've been on eharmony a couple of months now, had a quite a lot of interest at first but seems to have gone completely dead recently, although I've just started talking to a couple of new men. Also giving POF a go, since it's free.