Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    That kinda album though...
    Before it Explodes, Fear of Flying, Perfect Mistake, Tourbulance, Give Up, Starlight, The Music Sound Better, For a Change, The Map, Dangerous, It's Over, Light of the dreamer -> This tracklist would still slay.. With a little bix of fresh mixing.. It could be so much better than HOH actually lol
  • Options
    djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your all putting me in that mood again where I have to listen to all of them lol. Currently listening to Turbulence!!

Edit: Who's singing in some of the parts though lmfao :confused::o:D
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    djc_22 wrote: »
    Your all putting me in that mood again where I have to listen to all of them lol. Currently listening to Turbulence!!

What parts? I thought it was all Alex
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The songwriter, whoever it is. I tried listening for Rita Ora in Hallelujah but I couldn't hear her? Maybe she is in the choir part?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What parts? I thought it was all Alex

http://youtu.be/kUGFW9txt9c?t=2m31s
    Zack06 wrote: »
    The songwriter, whoever it is. I tried listening for Rita Ora in Hallelujah but I couldn't hear her? Maybe she is in the choir part?

I just gave it a listen there. Couldn't hear her. She may well be at the choir lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just gave it a listen there. Couldn't hear her. She may well be at the choir lol

It sounds like her singing in the background in head voice around 1:40 - 1:49 ish though. I guess it explains how Alex has "known her for ages" I guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    It sounds like her singing in the background in head voice around 1:40 - 1:49 ish though. I guess it explains how Alex has "known her for ages" I guess.

It might be but its kinda hard to tell.

Its weird and saddening how things have turned since then though. Rita's doing pretty well tbf and Alex is starring in a West End show :(
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the leaked songs from the Overcome era were so good. I don't understand why they didn't make the album instead of filler like You Broke My Heart and Nothing but the Girl. I'm kind of glad the rumoured duet with The Wanted on Before It Explodes never happened though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drakhen wrote: »
    Some of the leaked songs from the Overcome era were so good. I don't understand why they didn't make the album instead of filler like You Broke My Heart and Nothing but the Girl. I'm kind of glad the rumoured duet with The Wanted on Before It Explodes never happened though.

I don't think it was a duet. After Alex failed to secure the song for the Overcome re-release, they apparently got hold of it but it didn't make their album either so it subsequently went to Charice.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    http://youtu.be/kUGFW9txt9c?t=2m31s

Not you linking me to my own video lmao

I honestly thought that was Alex's attempt at a very high note
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :(:(:( those memories. Love all those tracks
  • Options
    beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perfect mistake, turbulence and light of a dreamer.>>>>>the whole new rules ep!
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any of you gone back to this http://youtu.be/DXSVpVifq3g

And found material sounds 10000 times better considering out predicament right now?
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Niiiiiiik wrote: »
    Any of you gone back to this http://youtu.be/DXSVpVifq3g

And found material sounds 10000 times better considering out predicament right now?

Well of course. I really wanted to hear NMY in full. Damn.
  • Options
    beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I finally know what where do hearts go reminds me of. http://youtu.be/D-uJiyCZFEg
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's clear from David's AskFm that Alex has lost the material she recorded with Vinylz,Rico and all the other experienced producers once her record deal fell through and was left with shit like WDHG. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't have Shine or No More You anymore..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree ^ I think his recent ask fm responses indicate that something has gone wrong since before Christmas when she teased NMY and Shine... He said they have a long term plan in response to whether she had a record label .. I think that pretty much says it all.
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree ^ I think his recent ask fm responses indicate that something has gone wrong since before Christmas when she teased NMY and Shine... He said they have a long term plan in response to whether she had a record label .. I think that pretty much says it all.
    KWL have a long term plan IMO ... The road back is a long one and I think that's has to be accepted! Also, there will be lessons to learn and room for improvement ...

This sounds like Alex blew it up for herself
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I think she's lost all the good material lmao oh no! what a messsssssss
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alex's tweets are so depressing lately to

'Faith means believing the unbelieving, hope means hoping'

what has happened?
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, this just keeps on getting worse and worse. I guess in that sense I admire David, I don't know how he can stay so hopeful lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why wouldn't you disclose something about material?
    she said rico and vinylz was on the album...

If it wasn't true he'd have just said YES the material recorded will be on album
    shes obviously lost it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're going to get a full album produced by JPL lol.The last 2 years of waiting have been for NOTHING if this is true.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Yes, I agree with Danny. The material has obviously fell through :(

Alex just can't seem to catch a break, this is like original album number two again with Syco. But part of me thinks it's entirely her fault.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He didn't even seem that confident that we would ever get to her No More You even though a few months ago that looked extremely like being her debut US single :(