Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Not that impressed with I Have Nothing actually. It seems like her belts were quite weak and the lower key took away from the song.

I'm quite concerned that these songs might actually have the opposite effect and expose the limitations of her voice.

It's the arrangement rather than her imo. That's what I noticed first. She can belt quite high so why they'remaking her seem like she has no range is cconfusing me. Compare it to Queen of the night the difference is there. But Master Ozzy is right about the general interpretations. They're not trying to be Whitney. However they may haveaarranged them so they don't knacker her voice. She's singing for like 75 odd nights, again and again. But Alex is always better live than studio. And she's sounding much huskier than usual.

Are these for a soundtrack or for backing when she sings them live on stage?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This photo is to photoshopped in my opinion. Shes basically mixed race.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/10861052/My-Day-on-a-Plate-Alexandra-Burke-singer.html

Yeah it is. She looks beaut tho.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the same about I Have Nothing but didn't want to say anything incase you'd all disagree. Shame really cos that's probably the one I was most looking forward to
  • Options
    ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    It actually sounds good to me, its not like it has to be the same as always, She did her own version of this song and it works fine for me. Im still waiting for I Will Always Love You though.. Oh and how is that possible that we can't watch baby tornado video? Still only on MTV base -.-
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beverly's version was lowered too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQwTqcEUV0w

Keep in mind she will be singing almost every day
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First reviews will be out Tuesday/Wednesday. I'm nervous. She'll nail it, however the media don't exactly love her so really it all hangs on whether or not they want to put a positive spin on the whole thing or not. Hopefully they will fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    First reviews will be out Tuesday/Wednesday. I'm nervous. She'll nail it, however the media don't exactly love her so really it all hangs on whether or not they want to put a positive spin on the whole thing or not. Hopefully they will fingers crossed.

My thoughts too. I just hope she really goes for it when she opens the show. And that her acting is on point too. I can see the media being shady too. I'm thinking of getting a ticket soon too! I need to hear her sing Whitney!
  • Options
    Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching Old Performances from when she returned to X Factor, how has she gone from that success to this.. It's still good but she had such potential to be a global star..what a shame. She seems to be speaking to Cowell more recently (seen at the same club, event and she went to an early preview of I Can't Sing with him) here's hoping he will help her out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gAhsGGREDg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is a shame. But that's what happens when talent is in the wrong country. For UK stars it's much harder to maintain success as the media has a big flavour of the month syndrome. In the US as long as you come.hard with your stuff and performances you can do well. Imagine if she's performed Bad Boys at the Billboard awards...she would have smashed it.

I don't think Simon would ever invest in her again, she didn't have a flop album, she had a bomb and to a businessman them sales, regardless of talent is a sign to pull out and let that asset die. It's sad but it's business.
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No tornado sigh sigh alex
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    i'm so sad for her still... i don't think we'll get to hear this album, i'm pretty convinced.
    we didn't think it could worse then HOH flop lmao i think the situation she's in now is much WORSE.

i don't even listen to her anymore, how i listened to her ONLY for hours on end to nothing. She needs to do something to get me interested back in her or even other ppl, just nothing around her for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    i'm so sad for her still... i don't think we'll get to hear this album, i'm pretty convinced.
    we didn't think it could worse then HOH flop lmao i think the situation she's in now is much WORSE.

i don't even listen to her anymore, how i listened to her ONLY for hours on end to nothing. She needs to do something to get me interested back in her or even other ppl, just nothing around her for me.

I agree even if you flop in america they rate you coming back (Cici) even breakfast club give people who have flopped a chance if they are nice and they think they have talent
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's funny, I'm more interested in her now than I have for ages. I'm excited that she's doing something that shows off her voice. I absolutely hated Heartbreak On Hold...cheap, bubblegum pop by numbers and absolutely no substance whatsoever. I'm excited for The Bodyguard as it will show off her voice, which is why she auditioned for the X Factor in the first place. She's going to be belting out songs that suit her each night. Then after it finishes in August, I'll be happy as long as she gets back to the album. Excited for tomorrow!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's funny, I'm more interested in her now than I have for ages. I'm excited that she's doing something that shows off her voice. I absolutely hated Heartbreak On Hold...cheap, bubblegum pop by numbers and absolutely no substance whatsoever. I'm excited for The Bodyguard as it will show off her voice, which is why she auditioned for the X Factor in the first place. She's going to be belting out songs that suit her each night. Then after it finishes in August, I'll be happy as long as she gets back to the album. Excited for tomorrow!!

I'm excited for this too. I've always wanted her to sing Whitney and that's no easy task. She's getting more attention than she has had since the Judging stint she did. And she looks great too for the promo. We'll see about the reviews...I'm excited for her.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just mad that all the work she was doing in the U.S. seems to have been undone. I mean this time last year her U.S debut album was almost complete and she was being interviewed by top New York radio DJs at Summer Jam.

I agree with shoed, this is probably another album we won't hear. She'll head back into the studio a few weeks after The Bodyguard ends, and record more WDHGs. Either that or her stint in The Bodyguard will be extended. If it gets extended into Broadway then I guess that's a plus, but it all depends on the reviews she gets for this role.

Her career is the most erratic thing, one minute she's about to go hard and the next she's making odd choices with the fans knowing nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think that we will get that album, and she'll be on top - and you'll come back as if nothing ever happend....
    Mobo Awards are premiering Baby Torando video today!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we will get the album, but I also think we need to be realistic about how successful it will be. At the end of the day, she's come from the X Factor and all XF acts are tainted. Apart from One Direction, no act in 10 years of the entire show has had huge success in the U.S or worldwide. I mean, when you think of how many acts have been on the show over those 10 years, how much praise has been given out, promises made...it's ridiculous that only one act (One Direction) have conquered the world. And the onyl reason One Direction have managed to do that is because they appeal to young kids. I know Leona and a few others have had U.S success, but it's been very limited. I don't think Alex will ever be this worldwide, grammy winning, huge star. I think she'll have success on the same level or higher as people like Joe Mcelderry (recording his 5th album), Cher Lloyd etc. However, I think that out of everyone who has came out of XF, Alex probably is the one who has the most chance of worldwide success. She's cut ties with Simon Cowell, she's yet to attempt to crack the U.S so the chance is still there, she's been lucky enought to build her network and contacts over the past few years. You only get one chance at cracking the U.S and whether you're signed to Simon or not, once you've attempted it and failed, that's pretty much it. Alex gets the blame for a lot, but the blame doesn't lie with her. If Simon wanted to take Overcome to America, then he would have done it regardless of Alex's opinion. It's all about money at the end of the day. He obviously didn't think she was worth the gamble. Anyway, I think she'll be very successful, just not the type of successful that a lot of people here are wanting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Alex slays baby tornado video, she looks hot and choreography is good.
    I want a proper video tho.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MY girl

Best she's ever looked for a shoot!!!!!!

Bi*ch is ready for an American debut get it! Get that flight b they'd eat her up!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No sorry she looks ****ing amazing just proves that she is a POP STAR I want this Alex back, obviously not afrobeats but she looks so good
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Master Ozzy - Im not saying that she'll be like Katy Perry or Gaga... Cause we all know that she wont (and it's kinda good)... By saying that she'll be on top, I meant... NO1 album and singles... Good music, great videos.
    She can win it, and then maybe one day she'll break it, and become even bigger :)

About video... I love it! It wont do any good I guess, but I like thie idea of it and Alex is looking fierce!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The moves!! Most of it was good there were some stiff moments the bits with dr sid in the red dress the rest of it slay slay she's better at those routines than slow movements

She needs to get it together now because I'm gonna need AB dancing like this to R&B smashes she gave me brandy beyonce and keri hilson vibes