Who Still Watches Home & Away?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've just caught a glimpse of it for the first time in a longtime. The acting and writing is extremely cliched and cringey. Can't think who would find this pile of trash entertaining to watch.

Shame cos i did love this show in the 90's. Seems like a totally different show now.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hehe no one came to say they watch it or to defend it from my attack. Says a lot :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not watched it or neighbours since they moved to channel 5, seen odd bits of H & A as I flicked through channels & stopped to watch for a couple of mins but seemed so bad I moved on (I know I wouldnt get a proper idea from a couple of mins but nothing to tempt me to lo stay longer.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ericos wrote: »
    Not watched it or neighbours since they moved to channel 5, seen odd bits of H & A as I flicked through channels & stopped to watch for a couple of mins but seemed so bad I moved on (I know I wouldnt get a proper idea from a couple of mins but nothing to tempt me to lo stay longer.)

I watched the full half hour and never seen such nonsense.
  • Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    Hehe no one came to say they watch it or to defend it from my attack. Says a lot :D

Because this thread has been done on here multiple times, i'll keep my response short I generally tend to enjoy watching H&A and it is one of my favourite soaps. However, as with other soaps there are areas that could be improved.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because this thread has been done on here multiple times, i'll keep my response short I generally tend to enjoy watching H&A and it is one of my favourite soaps. However, as with other soaps there are areas that could be improved.

There don't seem to be any threads about it aside from mine. I couldn't see any H&A threads on the first 6 pages of this forum, i didn't look further. So it seems no one is talking about it anymore.
  • Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    The worst soap on tv.
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No haven't watch it in 6 months, too many Braxton's, endless love triangles and bed hopping, no stories for the oldies and terrible writing. Lucy Addiro needs to go, along with Lousie Bowers.

It's all about crime, not the family orientated show it used to be. A shame it use to be my favourite soap.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not watched since the late 90's. Is Sally still in it?
  • LilSoapyFangirlLilSoapyFangirl Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Hello.
    I watch both "H & A" and "Neghbours" every single day. I don't like to watch every single soap out there as I'm a bit bored of most of them, but these 2 I just mentioned, along with Eastenders are the only ones I always like to watch...... every single day, so obviously they are my favourites.

Another family member only watches Neighbours and Easternders though, but not H & A like I do. Slightly strange perhaps, but everyone has their own favourite tastes. :cool:
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not watched since the late 90's. Is Sally still in it?

No, she left in 2008 with about a 3 month return in 2013 which completely ruined her character.
  • Towie1977Towie1977 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the risk of generalising I would say a healthy number of people on this site used to be H&A fans but they become very disillusioned in recent years due to Braxton emphasis and repetitive stories.

I am one of those people but I still watch it from time to time. There are glimmers of good things and the production quality is too grade IMO, it's just the storylines and character emphasis that let's it down.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    Nope. And i won't till it's a Braxton free zone.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    I dip in and out (like with most soaps nowadays), the new lot of teenagers are just a bit boring. I do like Jett and VJ as they have some good adults around them in Leah, John and Marilyn so that helps them although having Alf and Roo around Maddie didn't help her from being the most annoying, whiny, boring character.

Other than that there is only so many times you can watch Bianca and Heath (the most unlikely couple) break up, get back together then break up again. Or the Braxton's get into more trouble. Yawn!
  • foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch it still. I enjoy it, but its never gonna beat classic H&A with Carly, Stephen, Bobbie etc.
  • saladcreamsaladcream Posts: 751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i gave up about 6 months ago - too many new annoying kids

had watched right from the start too.
  • BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch it still and still like it, it's better then half the trash we call British soaps
  • soapmadsoapmad Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gave up ages ago .

It was good at one point .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saladcream wrote: »
    i gave up about 6 months ago - too many new annoying kids

had watched right from the start too.

I can still picture Bobbie and Ailsa behind the counter in the diner, Fisher at the high school. Tom and Pippa and later Pippa and Michael at the caravan park....:)
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    GracieL wrote: »
    No, she left in 2008 with about a 3 month return in 2013 which completely ruined her character.

How did they ruin Sally?
  • idratherjackidratherjack Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been off work for a couple of weeks and have slipped into watching Home and Away at 6pm and I have to say it is so boring! I couldn't even tell you the names of any of the teenage characters, they all just kind of merge into one annoying, whiny kid. I loved it in the classic era of the 90s with Pippa, Shane and Angel etc with the focus on the foster kids and caravan park but it is an entirely different show these days. Didn't it get really over the top in the 00s with stalkers and natural disasters every 5 minutes? It seems they have gone too far in the opposite direction trying to make it "normal" (bar all the tedious Braxton crime drama). It is nice seeing Marilyn, Alf and Irene again after all this time!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Sometimes.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't seen it since it finished on Itv!
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    The rare times I see it I find it almost painful to watch and I loved it for the first 10 years or so and found it fairly good for the 10 after that. I'm sorry to say that the Braxton domination has really destroyed it foor me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    The rare times I see it I find it almost painful to watch and I loved it for the first 10 years or so and found it fairly good for the 10 after that. I'm sorry to say that the Braxton domination has really destroyed it foor me.

I think it was great from 1988-1997, especially 1995-1996
  • jarzojarzo Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    I'm still watching @Aussie pace.