If The General Election was tomorrow who would you vote for?

FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
Forum Member
✭✭
To me Labour they are not perfect but they are the lesser of the 2 evils.

who would you vote for? 309 votes

Con
20% 63 votes
Lab
54% 168 votes
LD
7% 23 votes
UKIP
17% 55 votes

Comments

• FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being from NI, I don't actually have an opportunity to vote for any of the potentially governing parties - a disgrace in my opinion.

However, out of the main three I would vote for Labour. I agree with the OP that they're the lesser of two evils and it'll be interesting to see if Miliband can move them away from being simply the diet-Tories.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    None. All a bunch of chancers, and the country will be no better or worse no matter what colour of tie the government wears.
  • TheEngineerTheEngineer Posts: 7,788
    Forum Member
    You forgot the options of

"Other"

and

"Would not vote"

Slightly ironic that the Labour bar is blue and the Conservative bar is red :D
  • the power kingthe power king Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Labour 4 Me
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    What about Green, SNP and PC?
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    None of them.
  • MoxeyMoxey Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Labour.
  • thomas painthomas pain Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Labour. I don't like them but there's no alternative. I hate what the tories are doing to the poor.
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Labour, not perfect but they'll do.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,600
    Forum Member
    There's a slight possibility given the last local election results that Nigel will pick our constituency to stand in. There's a strong argument to send him to Westminster - just to annoy and attack the other three parties. Otherwise, they are all pretty hopeless.
  • nobodyherenobodyhere Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "other"

I'm definatly a critic of policies introduced by the tories, but that does not extend to having any confidence in the abilities of the opposition either

Its difficult to explain in words, but something I believe has been overlooked is the impact policy has on the other parties

Think back to the poll tax, and discontent amongst the public, that pretty much set the bar as to what people were willing to tollerate.. so you look at the policies being introduced

In a sense they are basically setting the bar for the other parties, so in a sense.. even if the likes of labour get in, it does not by any means imply things will magically get better
    (I'd like to believe some of the "pledges" coming from labour but really, if its not in the manifesto its empty words to me.. and we have seen that promises of change or reform are flavor of the month and little else)

Change starts from the top, maybe its time the government looked at itself and thought about reform at the highest level... especially when we have clear links between private enterprise and politicians/parties (simular to america, where private entities have the real power)
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd vote for the party with the best chance of keeping the Tories out.
  • Reiver97Reiver97 Posts: 2,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it that tomorrows general election is only happening in England then? I can only assume that this is because Scotland voted for independence today? Not sure about what happened to the Welsh and the six-counties though...
  • MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Labour winning by a country mile as expected - and yet there are still some posters who claim that this is not a Labour supporting forum. :p
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would have to be Labour.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,492
    Forum Member
    I must have missed England declaring independence from the UK.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have not voted its likely to be UKIP but the juries out for now.
  • The WulfrunianThe Wulfrunian Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Labour seem to have learnt some of the lessons of New labour at least so they get my vote for the moment.

I had forgotten what a nasty little party the Tories are, and this is with their (right) wings clipped by the Lib Dems. I perish the thought of what they would have pushed through without Clegg and co.
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Labour seem to have learnt some of the lessons of New labour at least so they get my vote for the moment.

I had forgotten what a nasty little party the Tories are, and this is with their (right) wings clipped by the Lib Dems. I perish the thought of what they would have pushed through without Clegg and co.

I tend to agree.

What's really turned me off the Coalition is the stuff about Miliband's father.
  • nottinghamcnottinghamc Posts: 11,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tend to agree.

What's really turned me off the Coalition is the stuff about Miliband's father.

...what have they got to do with this Millibands father stuff? And you've never posted anything positive about the coalition, so claiming this has suddenly changed your mind is, well, rubbish.
  • JillyJilly Posts: 20,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...what have they got to do with this Millibands father stuff? And you've never posted anything positive about the coalition, so claiming this has suddenly changed your mind is, well, rubbish.

You wonder about the logic!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Gove and Hunt have defended the Mail. This paints the Coalition in a very bad light, especially after Pickles' 'medication' comments.
  • nottinghamcnottinghamc Posts: 11,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gove and Hunt have defended the Mail. This paints the Coalition in a very bad light, especially after Pickles' 'medication' comments.

Have they? Where? I've seen quotes from Clegg and Cameron atatcking the mails article, but nothing from either of those two defending it, which would have been brought up by now by someone surely? Someone like the Labour press team?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have they? Where? I've seen quotes from Clegg and Cameron atatcking the mails article, but nothing from either of those two defending it, which would have been brought up by now by someone surely? Someone like the Labour press team?

It's in the Daily Mail today. Have a look at their website.
  • JillyJilly Posts: 20,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's in the Daily Mail today. Have a look at their website.

Were you just as offended when Ed had his arm around a guy with a t-shirt on wishing Margaret Thatcher dead?