Who Are you Voting for in 2015??

occyoccy Posts: 65,039
Forum Member
✭✭
4 years are nearly up. The Tories came into power to clean up the financial mess Labour left behind. We have seen the expenses scams, Tories being accused of being toffs and not interested in the lower class, accused of not helping the poor, helping people get back to work although unemployment has dropped, not interested in manufacturing, being slow on the up take in any crises like the storms - upsetting education, and see more strike action and protests under there watch. Overall do we think the current bunch will continue to govern the country after 2015 along with the lib dems? Or do we think the country will turn towards Labour. We will see a coalition again l guess? Will Lib dems join Labour?

Comments

• Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At this moment in time, I really have no idea who I would vote for. They all seem pretty hopeless at the movement :(
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will depend on the candidates. I will probably vote tactically this elections. Anything to get my local MP, the insufferable Grant Shapps out.
  • GTR DavoGTR Davo Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one I'm leaving this dump known as the United Kingdom :D
  • Turnbull2000Turnbull2000 Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    Between Labour and the Tories, you may as well ask me "Do you want to stab your left eye or your right eye" >:(
  • johnny_boi_UKjohnny_boi_UK Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live in a labour stronghold so i tend not to vote in the westminster elections.
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Anyone who is not conservative,labour,lib dems,ukip,respect or the bnp. Doesn't leave me much choice.:(
  • DaccoDacco Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GTR Davo wrote: »
    No one I'm leaving this dump known as the United Kingdom :D

Turn the iights out when you leave:D
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Green Party. If they don't field a candidate in my area then it will have to be the lesser of two evils, Labour.
  • GTR DavoGTR Davo Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dacco wrote: »
    Turn the iights out when you leave:D

No need, the local council already do that to 'save costs' yet the council tax wont go down :D
  • OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know who I will be voting AGAINST.
  • Mad_Dog1Mad_Dog1 Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably no-one at the minute.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where I am the Tories polled 58% last time with the LibTories 2nd on 28%.

Not much point voting.
  • johnny_boi_UKjohnny_boi_UK Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Where I am the Tories polled 58% last time with the LibTories 2nd on 28%.

Not much point voting.

60% labour

16% SNP
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    60% labour

16% SNP

LAB 51%
    Tory 21%
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind who's voting which party, how low will the turnout be is what I'm more interested in.

I still believe a low-record turnout is on the cards on May 7th, 45% turnout is what I predict overall.
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    I have no idea at the moment. Where I live we a Labour MP who I'd like to see continue because he seems quite good, but I suppose it depends who's challenging him.
    However, I'm hoping to have moved by next year and where we want to move to has been staunchly Tory, by a large majority, since Adam was a lad so who I'd vote for there would make little difference.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    I will be voting against the Cons
  • LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    There are only four constituencies in which I could be certain how I would vote in 2015 - Leeds Central (Labour), Ross, Skye and Lochaber (Lib Dem), Penrith and The Border (Conservative) and Brighton Pavilion (Green). As I am
    in none of those, I am going to have to choose a party rather than an individual and it is much too early to say.

I'm definitely Green at the local level - no question - and have decided this week on UKIP for the Euros.
  • taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,950
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    Never mind who's voting which party, how low will the turnout be is what I'm more interested in.

I still believe a low-record turnout is on the cards on May 7th, 45% turnout is what I predict overall.

I do shake my head when I see some of the poor turn-outs.

A turnout of below 50% is a failure of democracy in my opinion. Whether it's down to the parties, the politicians, poor education or the electoral system, that's too many people who have either given up caring or feel their vote just doesn't matter.
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely no idea right now. Don't think it matters though. I'm in Frank Dobson's constituency, so however I vote Labour will win the seat.
  • anndra_wanndra_w Posts: 6,557
    Forum Member
    Depending on the outcome of the independence referendum in 2014 I might have might right to vote removed even although Scotland won't gain independence until 2016 however if I still have the right to vote I'll be voting Labour. They're the best the UK has to offer. That's why you're stuffed.
  • LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    edEx wrote: »
    Absolutely no idea right now. Don't think it matters though. I'm in Frank Dobson's constituency, so however I vote Labour will win the seat.

My God. I didn't realise he was still alive.
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My God. I didn't realise he was still alive.
    Even if he wasn't he'd still win this seat :D

It's not right though to have all these utterly safe seats around the country. The politicians love to tell us that we need to get more involved, and then work the system so that half of us actually get no say whatsoever. Not democracy.
  • Phil_CoulthardPhil_Coulthard Posts: 2,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live in Mary Craegh's constituency so there's really no point in voting anybody but Labour.

a less than 50% voter turn out in not really a good image of the electorate with in the UK but who really wants to vote for any of the current lot?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are only four constituencies in which I could be certain how I would vote in 2015 - Leeds Central (Labour), Ross, Skye and Lochaber (Lib Dem), Penrith and The Border (Conservative) and Brighton Pavilion (Green). As I am
    in none of those, I am going to have to choose a party rather than an individual and it is much too early to say.

I'm definitely Green at the local level - no question - and have decided this week on UKIP for the Euros.

I'm UKIP euros, Green Local as well (provided they stand). This is a positive sign for UKIP if there getting the lefts votes at EU. Maybe we'll get a refererendum.