Options

ITV Screw up Nanny McPhee

Geoff_WGeoff_W Posts: 421
Forum Member
ITV incompetence strikes again!

I set my Humax HDR to record Nanny McPhee this afternoon. The Hummy came on, as expected, at 16:40 which is the normal 15mins before the programme start.

At 17:00 I noticed there was no 'REC' symbol showing so I switched the TV on and was disappointed to see that the film was obviously well underway. So I manually started the recording on the Humax. Then at 17:05, a timer conflict message appeared because ITV must have finally sent the 'Start of Programme' signal.

What a shambles!

So, I either set manual padding and run the risk of any overun going beyond the 5mins I can set; or set Auto and have ITV screw up the start and/or finish.

Catch 22, if you ask me!

Geoff

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,222
    Forum Member
    ITV withdrew Nanny McPhee as being available in HD a few days ago Geoff. This probably added to the confusion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    Snoods wrote: »
    ITV withdrew Nanny McPhee as being available in HD a few days ago Geoff. This probably added to the confusion.

That might explain why I cannot get it on my system :eek:
  • Options
    Geoff_WGeoff_W Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    When I set it up this morning it was not offered in HD, only SD.

Geoff
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,222
    Forum Member
    Geoff_W wrote: »
    When I set it up this morning it was not offered in HD, only SD.

Geoff

Yes well they (ITV HD) aren't even broadcasting their unavailable caption now Geoff, it's been off air for 2 days now. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    carvellcarvell Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed ITV have made a number of EPG related screwups now. I emailed freesat about one such screw up (with True Lies) and they did confirm that it was ITV that had messed up with their data, rather than freesat messing up, which I suppose we know anyway, but it's nice to see that freesat know that ITV make mistakes!