Options

BNP Questions Time - Live at 3:00pm Today!

Comments

• Options
    Sir DavisSir Davis Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    whip wrote: »
    Because although race is an artificial construct judging people by this artificial construct is still racist, it's not that complex really if you think about it.

Not really that artificial when certain drugs only work on certain ethnicities.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sir Davis wrote: »
    Not really that artificial when certain drugs only work on certain ethnicities.
    Certain people have certain blood groups, do you now want to chuck out all the AB negatives?
    It does actually make more biological sense to group people by blood type than skin colour if you really are concerned about medical issues.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Certain people have certain blood groups, do you now want to chuck out all the AB negatives?
    It does actually make more biological sense to group people by blood type than skin colour if you really are concerned about medical issues.

So it's all in the blood?

Always knew i had English blood!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it's all in the blood?

Always knew i had English blood!
    But that's the point and the root of the stupidity, you haven't. There is nothing that can be defined as English or even British Blood, we are as mixed a race as it is possible to get.
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can they be racist if we are all the same race?

So you're trying to redefine the term "racist"?

Well I guess that's one way for the BNP to win....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But that's the point and the root of the stupidity, you haven't. There is nothing that can be defined as English or even British Blood, we are as mixed a race as it is possible to get.

You keep believing that and re-writing history darling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't need to believe it's solid science and I don't believe even the BNP can be so unbelievably stupid not to realise this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't need to believe it's solid science and I don't believe even the BNP can be so unbelievably stupid not to realise this.

It's irrelevant whether what you are saying is correct, if going on what you are saying is true it means absolutely nothing on what is going on in the world today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's irrelevant whether what you are saying is correct, if going on what you are saying is true it means absolutely nothing on what is going on in the world today.
    Yeah of course it is, the BNP has no real way of defining who is British or not apart from their own insular bigoted views.
    The whole BNP is a sham.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah of course it is, the BNP has no real way of defining who is British or not apart from their own insular bigoted views.
    The whole BNP is a sham.

Yeah it only has hundreds, if not thousands of years of history on how Britain was able to become how it is. Don't be so naieve to think it was only this way from the last forty years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it only has hundreds, if not thousands of years of history on how Britain was able to become how it is. Don't be so naieve to think it was only this way from the last forty years.
    You're the naive one if you trace your ancestry back thousands of years you will find plenty of your ancestors didn't originate from Britain, so if that is your defence I'd start packing you bags your about to be deported.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Your the naive one if you trace your ancestry back thousands of years you will find plenty of your ancestors didn't originate from Britain, so if that is your defence I'd start packing you bags your about to be deported.

Sod it. I'm going to take your advice and emigrate to the sea.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dmwat wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

So is anyone on the panel not from the BNP? How where the audience chosen, are they BNP members? What I'm really asking is, is this going to be a debate or a party political broadcast (with a chicken apparantly)?

maybe the audience was chosen ... '''with the same care ''' the BBC choose question time audiences with ...:D what is good for the goose :p
  • Options
    dmwatdmwat Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're contradicting yourself. Whip said that British blood is as mixed race as it's possible to get, and he's right. You take the thousands of years of history this island has and you get one wave of immigration after another. There is no such thing as British blood or English blood.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really disappointed to have missed this event.

I suppose I'll never know BNPs take on endogenous growth theory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You're contradicting yourself. Whip said that British blood is as mixed race as it's possible to get, and he's right. You take the thousands of years of history this island has and you get one wave of immigration after another. There is no such thing as British blood or English blood.

Tbh you've risen to her bait.

I couldn't give seven ****s if scientifically my blood is mixed. All I know is that this country was built and prospered through hundreds of years of my ancestors toil. To try and claim that any old sod can claim to be British just by holding a passport for five years is a fallacy, an insult and a total disgrace. You and others can harp on all you like about everyone sharing African blood, but why stop there, why don't we all call ourselves fish? This country as a nation state has always been white, it was built with common european values and has been ethnically the same for a thousand years.
  • Options
    dmwatdmwat Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't give seven ****s if scientifically my blood is mixed. All I know is that this country was built and prospered through hundreds of years of my ancestors toil. To try and claim that any old sod can claim to be British just by holding a passport for five years is a fallacy, an insult and a total disgrace. You and others can harp on all you like about everyone sharing African blood, but why stop there, why don't we all call ourselves fish? This country as a nation state has always been white, it was built with common european values and has been ethnically the same for a thousand years.
    So the question is, how far back do a person's ancestors have to have lived in Britain for them to be classed as British in the eyes of the BNP? If someone's family has lived here for a hundred years would that make them British or does it have to be two hundred, three, longer? My mum's family have lived in Britain since the 30s, does that make me British bearing in mind that my dad's mother was Welsh ?
  • Options
    howonderfulhowonderful Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    The whole idea of the BNP question time show.........was to make people tune in regardless of the questions and answers.......it showed that the party is not a gathering of skinhead stormtroopers.....and by the comments here many did watch it. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So the question is, how far back do a person's ancestors have to have lived in Britain for them to be classed as British in the eyes of the BNP? If someone's family has lived here for a hundred years would that make them British or does it have to be two hundred, three, longer? My mum's family have lived in Britain since the 30s, does that make me British bearing in mind that my dad's mother was Welsh ?

Not sure what the BNP consider as I ain't part of them. I would say a good solid grounding of 100 years plus. Someone in my family traced the family tree and that went as far back as the 1700s, it went from North Wiltshire to Bath. I'm proud of that and I don't understand why others try and devalue that. If I was West Indian or Asian then i'd be just as happy tracing my heritage back to wherever my ancestors came from, and would consider myself deep down 'one of them'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole idea of the BNP question time show.........was to make people tune in regardless of the questions and answers.......it showed that the party is not a gathering of skinhead stormtroopers.....and by the comments here many did watch it. :D
    Looks like they ensured the audience was firmly made up of the over 70's, why was that? Couldn't they get a younger audience without showing off the skinhead stormtroopers?
  • Options
    BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    Tbh you've risen to her bait.

They don't become British by "holding a psssport for 5 years", they work hard for years to get that passport which says they are British. A person who has gained British (or any non-birth) citizenship has done more to deserve it than any "native". They've had to live in the country for X years, spend a lot of money, study for months on end and then sit through an exam and swear allegiance to that country to prove how much they really want that word on thier passport. They've done far more than us who were born here. I highly doubt many of the BNP lunatics would even be able to read the citizenship test let alone pass it!

What have you done to deserve the title? Been born here? Well done. Your ancestors may have "toiled for hundreds of years", you didn't. I didn't either. I don't feel as though I've done anything to have a British passport other than pay £70 odd and fill out a form, hardly a triumph.
  • Options
    nothing on tvnothing on tv Posts: 5,044
    Forum Member

I'm sorry i missed it. Did they explain the bnp views on Jewish people with British nationality?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree .you cant just get a passport and become really british .you have to be born in the uk from british people from the british/ irish stock hundreds of years back . its an island thing ..
  • Options
    etldlrletldlrl Posts: 6,162
    Forum Member
    i agree .you cant just get a passport and become really british .you have to be born in the uk from british people from the british/ irish stock hundreds of years back . its an island thing ..

Good job we kicked out that American descended interloper Winston Churchill. God knows what would have happened if he had been allowed to stay in the UK just because he was born here. He might have gone into politics or something. He might even have become prime minister. Then what would have happened? Your lot might even have lost the war. Terrible prospect that.

Seriously though. We are not ****ing "stock". We are people and we will not be herded, categorised and graded for purity by the likes of the BNP. It is beneath British dignity to accept such a thing. If you don't understand that then you are less British than the guy who arrived yesterday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member

Britain is indeed a mixed group -- but all the different tribes and ethnicities were of Northern/Western Europe, racially the same.

To say 'we are as mixed a race as it is possible to get.' is simply nonsense.