Alexandra Burkes New Single..woo or boo??

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
It is being played on the Chris Moyles Show this morning. If you hear it...let me know, Woo or Boo??

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Boo....deffinately boo. Its lame.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wasnt as I expected..tbh i dont think she should have gone down that music type route..i like her singing ballads..i didnt really like flo rida either..it might grow on me but atm im undecided of what to think
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sounds like any other track out there right now. Not a Leona fan, but this as the first release compared to bleeding love as the first release is.....

I hope she does well but depending on what is out the same week she may not get a No1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo!
    It's a good thing that she gone down a different route and released an uptempo as her first single instead of a ballad.
    Forum Member
    although, it is still going round in my head...but i keep thinking she is saying spinning marmite!! thanks to Chris Moyles and co. lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think people should compare BL to BB because BL was a ballad and BB is a uptempo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    It's like very pop. The chorus (minus the lyrics) is what S-Club or Same difference would do. Din't expect it to be like that. As 4 num1 in the U.S, I doubt it...sumfin Kristina Debarge would do. Def a UK no1
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say I like it and its very current but I'm not convinced its a number 1 in its own right, but I don't think it matters as her name is likely to get her there on its own. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think people should compare BL to BB because BL was a ballad and BB is a uptempo.

I'm not talking about genre, I'm talking about quality and showing the singers strength
    Forum Member

Yes, i do agree. I did like bl the 1st time I heard it a lot more than bb.

I dont think it shows of her voice at all. any girl could sing it i think.

Its also worrying what she is saying about the "record company" and her manager ect. she has sold her soul.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo! it's amazing!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    woo,love it love it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a song, I like it.
    As Alexandra's debut single, I don't. I don't know, it wasn't what I was really expecting. An up-tempo was a great idea, but I'm worried that they will market her too much as a popstar, as opposed to a singer. Standing still and singing is what she's best at imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orin wrote: »
    I'm not talking about genre, I'm talking about quality and showing the singers strength

????
    You still can't compare. There two different songs. An uptempo will not showcase Alex's voice in the way a ballad will. If Leona had come up with an uptempo simlar to BB as her 1st single I don't think it would have showcased her voice in the way BL did. As for quality right now I think it's that down to opinion. I like the song and think it's top notch quality. However you, beg differ which is fine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,129
    Forum Member
    Wooish, I'm just worried that Flo Rida will dominate this track's release in the US, meaning Alex will be overshadowed somewhat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, i do agree. I did like bl the 1st time I heard it a lot more than bb.

I dont think it shows of her voice at all. any girl could sing it i think.

Its also worrying what she is saying about the "record company" and her manager ect. she has sold her soul.

I don't think people are not going to buy her single because she talked about her record company and her manager. People know she signed to Jive, and it's obvious she will have a manager.
    She didn't exactly talked about them in a negative light and I don't think she has sold her soul either. As for it not showcasing her voice it's not going to because it's an uptempo!
  • VelveteenVelveteen Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    I think it will do well, number 1 for sure but can't imagine it being a huge transatlantic hit a la Bleeding Love.

It is very catchy but there is just something about it that seems a little dated to me. I was expecting something a bit more 'punchy'. I don't think this song establishes an identity for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Velveteen wrote: »
    I think it will do well, number 1 for sure but can't imagine it being a huge transatlantic hit a la Bleeding Love.

It is very catchy but there is just something about it that seems a little dated to me. I was expecting something a bit more 'punchy'. I don't think this song establishes an identity for her.

Yep, I agree with all hthis. Its a good song, it just doesn't really define her as an artist imo. Any competent female singer could sing it and Alexandra is much better than that imo.

Its also not nearly as much as a dancefloor filler as reviews have been making out.

I think I just hyped it up too much in my mind :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So...

My man vs Bad Boys

??? :p:D
  • suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good candidate for Chart hit, but not sure the track is not anywhere near what exactly Alexandra Burke can deliver.

Not even close to olden days of XFactor (uptempo)!

I prefer Jayden Maria's Bad Boys track, where Flo-rida joins in last few bits
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I need to hear it again because I dont usually digest songs on a first listen. All I took from it was that I loved her voice and I liked Flo Rida's part.
    Forum Member
    I don't think people are not going to buy her single because she talked about her record company and her manager. People know she signed to Jive, and it's obvious she will have a manager.
    She didn't exactly talked about them in a negative light and I don't think she has sold her soul either. As for it not showcasing her voice it's not going to because it's an uptempo!

it was when she was saying "I have given them a list of names i want to call my album, and im waiting for them to choose"

"there are loads of songs i wanted to do..but they wont let me"

"i get told that i Tweet to much..nd she takes my phone off me"

Ok, maybe sold her soul is a little excessive, but i do think that everything about her is going to be very strictly controlled, and she wont have much choice in what she sings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo! I really like it! :D

Her voice sounds a bit more mature now. I think she's probably had more vocal coaching.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was when she was saying "I have given them a list of names i want to call my album, and im waiting for them to choose"

Ok, maybe sold her soul is a little excessive, but i do think that everything about her is going to be very strictly controlled, and she wont have much choice in what she sings.

Yes, but she didn't project these opinions in a negative way. Maybe we percive things differently.
    And as for the last paragraph that is the case with most artists until they prove themselves they don't really have much input into what music they produce.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well that's hardly suprising. All the x-factor winners including Leona are manufactured artists. Sure they may have a little say in some things but generally they are told what to do, what to sing and what to wear. I knew this anyway. Also I think Alex does need a little guidence she is far to excitable bless her to be left to her own devices completley at this stage.