Options

** I can't connect with the winning song**

THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I adore Matt and happy he won, but the winners song I am not a fan of and can't connect with.
Let alone, the other winners singles sucked also......

Am I alone on this?

I find myself listening to matt's version of ' Here with me' and ' The way you are'...instead of the winning song.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it :) But my mum has the same problem as you OP. She loves Matt but doesn't like the song
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Its a grower, which I think is a really good thing considering this is going to be played to death over the next couple of weeks. Different to previous singles that are immediately catchy but quickly become irritating.

However, it mightn't be to everyone's taste. Hope you like whatever he releases next.
    I cant wait for his album already.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the verses of the song but it has a dull chorus : no real hook to it.
  • Options
    THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the album I look forward too.
    I prefer him to sing ballades as it gives me goosebumps when he hits those high notes
  • Options
    IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like the Biffy Clyro version and I like Matt's cover even less. It's just an average song.:yawn:
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bl**dy awful song and Rebecca's was no better. I don't know who's in charge of choosing the winner's singles, but they are always TERRIBLE!! (Apart from Hallelujah which is such an amazing song that you can't screw it up;) though it wasn't a patch on Leonard Cohen's version)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    I was pretty underwhelmed at first. But must admit it's grown on me as I've listened again.
  • Options
    CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it is absolutely Matt Cardle. Really suits and he chose it.

Loved it straight away. Probably my favourite Winner's single.

It isn't all bells ringing, sugar plum Allelujah (Thank Goodness). Really much edgier.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I loved it when Biffy sang it and I love it now Matt's singing it ...I think it's an astonishing song
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bl**dy awful song and Rebecca's was no better. I don't know who's in charge of choosing the winner's singles, but they are always TERRIBLE!! (Apart from Hallelujah which is such an amazing song that you can't screw it up;) though it wasn't a patch on Leonard Cohen's version)

I liked Rebecca's version more than Matt's. As for screwing up Hallelujah, not much of that happened in the song itself. :D Poor ole Alex hadn't a clue what she was singing, as she said so at the time, maybe had a sheltered life. :D But still a great song. :D
  • Options
    Helen90Helen90 Posts: 4,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song is definitely a welcoming break from the mountains and the rainbows, that's for sure :p
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen90 wrote: »
    The song is definitely a welcoming break from the mountains and the rainbows, that's for sure :p

Sailing is a better song though, by the original singer. Matt should try that one. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    I didn't like the Biffy Clyro version and I like Matt's cover even less. It's just an average song.:yawn:

I feel exactly the same.
  • Options
    SCUSASCUSA Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The song has a "radio hit" sound... but it actually seems to bring out the worst in Matt's voice in parts (there are 2 or 3 times when this happens in the higher sections of the song). It also drags at times.

It could just be the song- But after listening to it, I wonder if he is not as good of a recording artist as they thought. Almost seems he may be a better live performer vs recording artist. (because I always thought he sounded pretty good on the live shows- I even thought she's always a woman sounded good).

At any rate, he sound less professional on the single than in the shows (which is suprising).
  • Options
    JanieBJanieB Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't keen at first (vaguely knew the original version) but after a couple of listens yesterday evening on You Tube I woke up this morning with it rattling around my brain (the chorus anyway!) and it is still going through my mind an hour later. Argghhhh! "When we collide we come together"

Go away song. Go away!
  • Options
    flossieblossomflossieblossom Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    It suits Matt really well.
    I've never liked XFactor. Stumbling upon Matt in his audition was what made me watch it this year. In spite of the hideousness that has been this years show, I'm so happy I persevered.
    He's amazing.

I wonder what will become of his band?