What's your Christmas tree like?

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a 6ft pre-lite frosty twig tree. It has snowflakes, white pine cones and woodland decorations such as an owl, squirrel and hedgehog :p. I really couldn't be bothered with a traditional style artificial tree, I can never make them look like a tree or place the lights neatly.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its got flashing lights on mine
  • leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing christmas trees up is depressing because we arent putting one up this year.
  • tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    mine is nice, but looks bare lol..needs more lights on it..put it up last night and haven't got the patience to do it..the lights were in a tangled mess :(

I have a little trick.
    When I take them off the tree I put the plug back in the box the lights came in and close the box, leaving the wire and lights outside the box, then I wind them around the box neatly, put them in a couple of carrier bags that I double up and just put them in the garage until next year.

When I get them out the next year I undo the box, plug them in to check they all work and you can see them all at a glance on the outside of the box.
    Then you just wind them around the tree from the box as you walk around the tree.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if I'll bother this year. I'm never at home at Christmas (I go to my parents' for several days) and I don't like decorating ages before Christmas. As a child, we only ever decorated on Christmas Eve, and I like that. Before last year, I did have a tree here for a week or so before I went off to my parents' - I had a fake one one year but hated it, and had a pot grown one since then. My decorations are a bit of a mish mash of tinsel and things I've accumulated over the years. Some berries, sparkly leaves/flowers and pinecones, some jingly bells, a knitted dalek, a crocheted ginger cat, a felt cupcake, some birds, that sort of thing. I like them - lots of the things have memories and stories associated with them.

However, the idea of getting it all out of the loft and putting it up, then having to put it all away again a couple of weeks later... I just don't know if I can be bothered.
  • tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must admit, this is the earliest I have put the tree up but I am away next week and hubby wanted to get it sorted before I go.
    I would take it down the day after Boxing Day if I could, once Christmas Day is over I want everything put away I usually manage about 3 days