Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »

Seeing Belle Peters in a frumpy frock at the end of the story - that WAS Monnie. I liked to believe that she was just going under a pseudonym, though reading too much into Prisoner is something of a futile task.

The way they used to reuse actors was pretty crazy. Monica was such an important prominent character just a few years before, but it goes on in all Australian soaps. There's just a strange mentality to it out there that we don't really understand.

It goes on in UK programmes but not with such important characters and so close together.

Out of all the re-used actors I always thought that was the cheekiest example!
  • RetroSpecsRetroSpecs Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    When Judy, Bobbie, Pixie, Myra and Marlene all left, added to the off screen demise of Be a Smith, I think adding five new randomers was too much at once.

Even if one of the Barnhurst lot had been a returning character - a Helen Smart type who would reappear for a stint and then go again - then that would have helped to ease the transition. It did feel very much as though contract renewal happened at the same time and there was precious little re-signing.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep she does, in a scene with Ronnie actually believe it or not, around the 600 Mark I think it is. She did not sound how I had expected her too. There's a clip of tina montages on YouTube, you should look it up lol:)

Tina's best moment
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5Tf3SlxH57U#t=275s
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member

what a lovely video, those two wallflowers really do bloom in that (Tina's an absolute loon:p) and it was nice to actually hear them both speak, though I barely understood a word Tina said, maybe it was for the best that she didn't get any real lines, just plenty of make believe ones that she mouthed almost convincingly in the background. :p
    Forum Member
    "Bonza wig- expensive?"

I love the fact that Lou doesn't seem to think that it's a bad thing to say :)
    Forum Member

Top stuff....I have to admit that I do watch out for them more on this viewing. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha love Lorna and Tina
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched May being shot dead. The actress playing Willie finally proved she could act beyond all the hysterics and ottness. Shame she never did it sooner.

Also I just watched a lovely scene between Lou and Daphne. The Freak distroyed all of Daphne's plants in a cell search and Lou, in Lou's own way, tried to comfort Daphne when she was upset. She was just about to put her hands around Daphne when Rita walked in.

Speaking of Rita, Thank god she has arrived. She is no Bea but she is the kick up the ass the show needed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    last night viewing was totally :(:cry:. Jude kills Hazel and if that wasn't depressing enough,next episode is 400, Bea's last episode, it's all downhill from here. :(
  • zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil lexie wrote: »
    last night viewing was totally :(:cry:. Jude kills Hazel and if that wasn't depressing enough,next episode is 400, Bea's last episode, it's all downhill from here. :(

At least you will have Minnie Donovan in a few episodes time :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least you will have Minnie Donovan in a few episodes time :rolleyes:

Me dears!!!!

She was the worst character they ever had imho. I wonder what on earth they were thinking?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching the episodes when Margo Gaffney has been transferred from Barnhurst and has gone against Myra and has brought drugs in, Pixie also returned this episode after giving herself up to the police. Sonia and Bobbie have been "sprung" by Alf Stewart :)

Also Gloria Payne is a really good character and enemy for Myra. Gloria is also played by one of the sexiest actresses in the show, also really used to fancy Lexie and Randi Goodlove. Always had a soft spot for extra Tammy Fisher as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me dears!!!!

She was the worst character they ever had imho. I wonder what on earth they were thinking?

She was a useless Top Dog, she wouldn't have got it without Cass's muscle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching the episodes when Margo Gaffney has been transferred from Barnhurst and has gone against Myra and has brought drugs in, Pixie also returned this episode after giving herself up to the police. Sonia and Bobbie have been "sprung" by Alf Stewart :)

Also Gloria Payne is a really good character and enemy for Myra. Gloria is also played by one of the sexiest actresses in the show, also really used to fancy Lexie and Randi Goodlove. Always had a soft spot for extra Tammy Fisher as well.

Hahaha Tammy Fisher,, I too thought she was a hottie, and I'm gay lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Randi's body never got found did it? or did it? :confused:

I liked Sonia Stevens alot but I think sadly her character suffered from Bea's exit. After that they didn't really seem to know where to take her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha Tammy Fisher,, I too thought she was a hottie, and I'm gay lol

Poor Tammy, curse that Ram :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Randi's body never got found did it? or did it? :confused:

I liked Sonia Stevens alot but I think sadly her character suffered from Bea's exit. After that they didn't really seem to know where to take her.

It never showed them finding Randi's body but I think Mrs Reynolds mentions that Bridges killed three people so they must have found her off camera.

Sonia was a great character but they did let her character down when they had people like Minnie Donovan getting the better of her.
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Sonia indeed had potential to be greater than she was after Bea left. we never found out what happened to her? I like to think that she got away.

No I think its left to the viewer to assume that Randi had been discovered. I was only Mary Adler and Tracey Dixon who were in the grounds.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I definitely remember Randi Goodlove. She had a very sexy voice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when I was younger, when Randi first appeared I thought she was great.

Now that I'm older and understand a lot more she doesn't seem too nice I.e the whole Meg stuff.

Love her scene with Helen Smart when they are introduced
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goodlove is a bit of a landmark character for me.

Although my first episode I ever saw was several before this one, it was the cliffhanger of 414 where her body was revealed covered in blood on the boiler that really got me hooked.

The chilling reveal of Bridges true nature was what got me reeled in and there was no looking back after that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    Goodlove is a bit of a landmark character for me.

Although my first episode I ever saw was several before this one, it was the cliffhanger of 414 where her body was revealed covered in blood on the boiler that really got me hooked.

The chilling reveal of Bridges true nature was what got me reeled in and there was no looking back after that.

One of my favourite ever episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when I was younger, when Randi first appeared I thought she was great.

Now that I'm older and understand a lot more she doesn't seem too nice I.e the whole Meg stuff.

Love her scene with Helen Smart when they are introduced

It's a shame they killed Randi off so suddenly though, it looked like there was going to be a good storyline between her and Meg, then next thing she's gone:mad:.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Yeah, I definitely remember Randi Goodlove. She had a very sexy voice.

She certainly did :D