House Season 8 (US Pace) [Spoilers MUST be in tags!]

dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
Forum Member
✭✭✭
House's eighth (and speculated to be final) season will commence on Monday October 3rd, which may just mean we are spared a couple of the random breaks between episodes this season! Picking up on the wild events at the end of season 7 when House finally flipped and drove a car through the front of Cuddy's home before disappearing to a tropical getaway. House is likely to not be living in paradise for long though... With Lisa Edelstein gone now, this will be the first season without Cuddy (barring any late guest appearance), so what is next for House? Can he sink any lower?

Usual guidelines apply, once it has aired it's fair game for open discussion. Please keep all upcoming plot info and promo content within spoiler tags so that the thread can be enjoyed by all.

Comments

• donna255donna255 Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have seen a few trailers already for episode one.
    House getting beat up in prision.
    A new cast member joining.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know that season 8 doesn't officially air until the 3rd October. But it gives me great pleasure in informing House fans that a screener of Season 8 Episode 1, has been leaked. Oh happy happy days. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the first trailer a few weeks back. Now more photos etc being released.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have enjoyed every season but the ship has sailed, they should of ended it in season 7 season seven was hard to watch tbh it was so boring.

Having said that, I will probably watch season 8 to see if its back to its best, but I wont hold my breathe
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • katokato Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Although I was a bit disappointed with the season 7 finale, I enjoyed the latest episode - will be interesting to see how they move on from this.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know that season 8 doesn't officially air until the 3rd October. But it gives me great pleasure in informing House fans that a screener of Season 8 Episode 1, has been leaked. Oh happy happy days. :D

Of course it would be totally wrong to watch such a thing, but if I had done so I'd imagine I'd have the following to say by way of synopsis:
    The whole episode is set in prison. House is up for parole, trying to stay out of trouble for his last few days, battling to cover his exit taxes from the other inmates and poking his nose into diagnosis again when one of the prisoners needs his help.

There's the mandatory pretty female doctor for him to impress, plenty of authority for him to defy, and one or twenty Vicodin to acquire

and by way of "review" I'd probably say it's pretty standard House. Similar in vein to the opening of season 6 but not as powerful. Way better than the Huddy mush that ruined the last season. I'm hypothetically theorising I enjoyed it :)
  • MenoetiusMenoetius Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't expecting a screener to appear. Good episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wanna know who is in charge of the hospital??????

Foreman, it was given away with a spoiler saying Foreman has to try to keep House in check when he returns to the PP

If not, don't read.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Wanna know who is in charge of the hospital??????

Foreman, it was given away with a spoiler saying Foreman has to try to keep House in check when he returns to the PP

If not, don't read.

Not necessarily
    He's had to do that before when he was put in charge of the Dept, and House worked for him. Could just mean the same again.

I'd expect them to fill Cuddy's role with a new big bad for him to fight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it starts in the UK Thursday 6th October 10 pm Sky One and HD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So did anyone watch? It was an enjoyable enough opener, but it was nowhere near on the par with the Season 6 opener and as a result, suffered greatly for not having the rest of the main cast involved. I do like the very hot prison doctor, although she was a bit too blatantly cast as someone House would like- especially when she was going "cool" as the guy's ear pissed blood everywhere :D

I hope we're not going to spend another entire episode in the prison. I want to see what's happening now that everyone has had a year to move on. Surely the team must have broken up? What's going on with Olivia Wilde this year? Is she taking more time out from her great work on House to make mediocre movies?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I decided since only two days between US and UK just to wait and watch in HD on TV.

Olivia is only in a few episodes because she was filming other things and they(David Shore and others) let her off.

The way I heard it the prison will last for
    Five episodes

Not sure if true or not?
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed the first one - still the best show on TV.

Edit I forgot about game of thrones, maybe 2nd,,
  • nate1970nate1970 Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my favourite episodes of House ever. And I'm really fussy... :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I decided since only two days between US and UK just to wait and watch in HD on TV.

Olivia is only in a few episodes because she was filming other things and they(David Shore and others) let her off.

The way I heard it the prison will last for
    Five episodes

Not sure if true or not?
    Well you can see in the promo for episode 2 that he'll be back the hospital. Whether he's only out on some special arrangement or not, I don't know. If your five episodes belief is right, then I guess he'll end up back in there soon enough...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dannyb0yuk wrote: »
    Well you can see in the promo for episode 2 that he'll be back the hospital. Whether he's only out on some special arrangement or not, I don't know. If your five episodes belief is right, then I guess he'll end up back in there soon enough...

Yes
    Its a special request to let him go to PPH for one case.
  • wod1wod1 Posts: 6,152
    Forum Member
    Yes
    Its a special request to let him go to PPH for one case.

I dont think so.
    at the end of episode 2, Isn't house back now with foreman finding houses stuff in storage and him getting his office back ?

now we wonder if he gets a new team and maybe her from the prison is one of them ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wod1 wrote: »
    I dont think so.
    at the end of episode 2, Isn't house back now with foreman finding houses stuff in storage and him getting his office back ?

now we wonder if he gets a new team and maybe her from the prison is one of them ?

It has aired now, so no need for the tags :)
    It doesn't look like he'll be going back to prison now, next week's episode appears to be firmly set in the hospital, with the formation of a new team.

I'm curious as to how the 'team' is going to play out though... Presumably Olivia Wilde will depart for good at some point this season. Foreman now has his role, not that I buy him as Dean of Medicine whatsoever. Chase and Taub are the two we seemingly have no idea about though. What on earth is going to happen with the Taub storyline? We were left with him having gotten the blonde girl AND his wife pregnant, if I'm not mistaken?

As for Chase? While I love the character, what on earth can they possibly do with him anymore?
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I'm a bit let down, after the very decent first episode, and most of episode two, they just ruin it in the last five minutes with everything going back to normal.

I liked that House would be in prison, even at the start of the episode he still states that his time got extended by another 8 months, I liked how the hospital was different, how Houses office was gone, etc. It gave the sets a fresh look and shown that things changed over the year.

And then, he solves the case, and suddenly no mention of prison AT ALL, and his office is back "from Storage", what, did they have the painted walls in there to along with old files and documents of ongoing cases??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chase
    Won't be back until episode 7 it seems.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding Olivia Wilde,
    I hadn't actually read anything about this prior to just now- but if it's public knowledge then I apologise! Olivia just tweeted saying that tonight is her final episode of House... It's certainly a surprise to me. Looks like we won't be getting the House/Thirteen mercy killing story we'd all been hoping for since House made that promise to her...

http://twitter.com/#!/oliviawilde/status/125979157472608256
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    iamsofired wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the first one - still the best show on TV.

Edit I forgot about game of thrones, maybe 2nd,,

Echo that...the two best shows on TV
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was a good ending to a great show.

Was House really alive or just a figment of Wilson's imagination/Grief/Guilt? (rhetorical question).
  • DLS1DLS1 Posts: 2,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a good ending to a great show.

Was House really alive or just a figment of Wilson's imagination/Grief/Guilt? (rhetorical question).

Yeah, House was really alive, the smile on Foreman's face proved he'd worked it out. Just a shame we didn't have Cuddy in it, would've made a little more sense to have her and Rachel in one scene instead of Stacey and a random child. Otherwise, it was a perfect ending. Thank You David Shore:)