I'm only talking about terrestial TV, but cultish stuff like -

The Collector
    Bunny Lake Is Missing
    Baby Doll
    Electra Glide In Blue
    In Cold Blood
    Southern Comfort

- rarely get a showing.

I've seen both Electra Glide In Blue and Southern Comfort a couple of times on the BBC, but that was many years ago.

The Brinks Job, starring Peter Falk is a film I have only seen once on tv, anywhere, be it terrestrial, sky or cable, and it's impossible to get on DVD also!
  • Options
    ruddigerruddiger Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't remember having seen The Seventh Sign on TV ever/recently?
  • Options
    Shak2005Shak2005 Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nostlagic wrote: »
    It premiered in 1997 and was shown in 1999 and again in 2000. See here

thanks for dat link. i didnt know u could find out the years a film was shown on tv. i must have seen it on channel 4 in 1999. it hasn't been on channel 4 since 2000. i still looking for the film to be shown again.
  • Options
    RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ruddiger wrote: »
    Don't remember having seen The Seventh Sign on TV ever/recently?

It was on Channel 5 back in the days when they had a more adventurous catalogue, ie one that didn't consist solely of TV movies/stock B westerns, as it does currently and has regrettably done for some years. It's probably one of those films that needs to be seen if at all in it's OAR though (2.4:1).

I remember one Christmas period they showed the bizarre gothic camp-fest 'Who Slew Auntie Roo' with Shelley Winters being grotesquely old, mad and murderous. I'd heard no mention of that on UK TV up to that point and it certainly hasn't been shown since.
  • Options
    WolfGirl2WolfGirl2 Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    Has Irreversible ever been shown on TV? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    12 + 1....Sharon Tate's last film:(
  • Options
    chrisw99chrisw99 Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamespondo wrote: »
    For obvious reasons, a number of once unavailable iconic movies have yet to show up on terrestrial TV, or free TV at all: Cannibal Holocaust, Salo and Last House on the Left.

Salo was on FilmFour in 2001, although I think it was a pay channel in those days.
  • Options
    LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Phantasm ever been shown on TV?

Yes, and one of the sequels.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crack In The World has not been on TV for years it was also really hard to find up and till last year when it came on DVD at last and then Blu Ray.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if the following 2 films have been shown on tv

2005 version of The Fog
    2006 version of Black Christmas
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WolfGirl2 wrote: »
    Has Irreversible ever been shown on TV? :rolleyes:

It appears not:

http://ftvdb.bfi.org.uk/sift/title/711445?view=transmission
  • Options
    GPWGPW Posts: 3,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where's Jack

Where's Jack? is a 1969 film based around the exploits of notorious 18th century criminal Jack Sheppard and London "thieftaker" Jonathan Wild.
    The film was produced by Stanley Baker through his company Oakhurst Productions, and starred Baker himself as Jonathan Wild. Tommy Steele played Jack Sheppard.
    The film was directed by novelist James Clavell. Mary Hopkin sings the title song.
    The ending of the film is ambiguous. It suggests the possibility that Sheppard may have survived his execution and escaped to the Americas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where's_Jack%3F
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GPW wrote: »
    Where's Jack

Where's Jack? is a 1969 film based around the exploits of notorious 18th century criminal Jack Sheppard and London "thieftaker" Jonathan Wild.
    The film was produced by Stanley Baker through his company Oakhurst Productions, and starred Baker himself as Jonathan Wild. Tommy Steele played Jack Sheppard.
    The film was directed by novelist James Clavell. Mary Hopkin sings the title song.

I remember BBC1 showing this one Saturday night in Autumn 1994 or 1995.
  • Options
    GPWGPW Posts: 3,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RussellIan wrote: »
    I remember BBC1 showing this one Saturday night in Autumn 1994 or 1995.

Yes, never to be shown again - just bought it off ebay.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If only BBC 2 would bring back the wonderful 'Movie Drome' They used to show lots of films you;d never see otherwise.
  • Options
    bruce9651bruce9651 Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    If only BBC 2 would bring back the wonderful 'Movie Drome' They used to show lots of films you;d never see otherwise.

Would love to see Movie Drome back with Alex Cox
    Or if not Mark Kermode or even Mark Cousins introducing the films
  • Options
    richard craniumrichard cranium Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On no, not that Cousins fella, he suffers terribly with Irritable Vowel Syndrome.

Has Pretty Baby had an outing on terrestial ?

A drab affair only spiced up with having Susan Saradon and a VERY young Brooke Shields appearing in the buffo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Possibly on Channel 4. I recall them running a season of Louis Malle films in the very early 90s, which included some of his other latter-day American-made films such as Atlantic City (also with Sarandon), My Dinner With Andre, Alamo Bay and the documentary And The Pursuit Of Happiness. I don't think any of them have been shown again apart from Atlantic City.
    Gulftastic wrote: »

Oh, quite. Nowadays it seems the only chances of BBC2 showing a late-night film depend on whether it is set on a drab British housing estate, or if it features an American hip-hop celebrity.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently BBC 1's screening of The Unbearable Lightness of Being a couple of weeks ago was its terrestrial premiere, 23 years after it was released!
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    9 Songs....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    9 Songs....

I kinda doubt that it will ever be shown:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Can someone please settle an argument for me. Has The Hurt Locker been on Sky Movies Premiere yet? I think it has been on Box Office but not Premiere for some reason.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kopite1763 wrote: »
    I've seen both Electra Glide In Blue and Southern Comfort a couple of times on the BBC, but that was many years ago.

I saw both, just a few years back. Both very good films-but Electra Glide in Blue was only on in the early hours.

I don't think the original I Spit on your Grave has ever been on television.
  • Options
    mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    , a hole in the head, the frank sinatra film in which he sings,high hopes, i never seen that on the google box