Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
Forum Member
✭✭
Season 4 starts tonight in the US.

Comments

• srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this. Glad there is a thread without open spoilers, not that there are usually many for this show. tagging them is a sensible middle ground. I usually avoid them but some folk like to see them.
  • nainznainz Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anybody else notice the Doctor who walked behind Castle as he was checking himself out in the mirror just prior to visiting Beckett?;)
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    srhDS wrote: »
    Looking forward to this. Glad there is a thread without open spoilers, not that there are usually many for this show. tagging them is a sensible middle ground. I usually avoid them but some folk like to see them.

Just to point out that for this thread, "Spoilers in Tags" refers to stuff not yet aired in the US (e.g. things given away in a trailer or an interview). As it's "US Pace", open discussion of anything from episodes already broadcast in the US is fair game :)
  • lola14lola14 Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love this show, so glad it's back!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Just to point out that for this thread, "Spoilers in Tags" refers to stuff not yet aired in the US (e.g. things given away in a trailer or an interview). As it's "US Pace", open discussion of anything from episodes already broadcast in the US is fair game :)

That was how I figured it would be. A reasonable policy. There is also a thread that says Untagged Spoilers, and that is a little to liberal for me. I don't want to see spoilers, and so when tagged I can avoid them - mostly.
  • hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nainz wrote: »
    Did anybody else notice the Doctor who walked behind Castle as he was checking himself out in the mirror just prior to visiting Beckett?;)

He seemed to be having a laugh to himself didn't he. I wasn't sure if that was something they decided to leave in as it looked more normal.

Excellent, excellent episode, I loved it. :D
  • monkeypuzzlermonkeypuzzler Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Didn't notice that doctor will have to look again.

Really good episode to kick things off again I thought, though the 'twist' that Beckett did remember it all was a bit obvious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad this is back and it was an ok start to the season. Although I do have some issues with it.
    1. The new "By the Book" Captain who used to be in IA - very cliche. Hightower in The mentalist or Lt Bale in NYPD blue or any number of other tough hard nosed by-the-book "won't put up with your nonsense" type characters that the maverick "good" guys need to work around to get the job done. This could get old fast but we'll see.
    2. This friend of Montgomery with his magic files of protection +1 showing up is very convenient. Why had Montgomery not used them if they were so powerful and why not give them to Beckett or Castle who could use them to more effect probably?
    3. Castle needing to impede Beckett's investigation to save her is a rather frustrating way of dragging out the investigation and driving a wedge between them. Beckett will end up going off on her own and wind up in trouble as she didn't have back up because the others were trying to hinder her progress.

There was some good stuff in the episode. Beckett encountering the armed men was done well. The introduction of the shrink could provide some insight into Beckett's character.
    The investigation could go to some interesting places now although they do seem to be hindering it.
    There could be some fun between Castle and new Captain - much like between Jane and Hightower in Mentalist.

looking forward to the rest of the season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was an ok episode but Alexis is beginning to bug me. I used to like the relationship between Castle and his daughter but so far this season it's bugged me.
    So I hope she goes to Uni...
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone seen the latest one ? OH MY GOD it was good ! :)
    The scene at the end where Beckett witnessed the explosion, then found Castle was ok .. I was sitting there yelling "Hug her damn you !!!" :D
  • lola14lola14 Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Castle. Can't wait for the new series to start here. Will they ever get it together?
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only discovered Castle a few months ago but after several marathon catch-up sessions, I have now seen all of the first three seasons and I'm now up to date.

What I especially love about Castle is that it can flip between a light-hearted spoof of the cop show genre and tense drama. There are just so many references to other shows to watch out for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone seen the latest one ? OH MY GOD it was good ! :)
    The scene at the end where Beckett witnessed the explosion, then found Castle was ok .. I was sitting there yelling "Hug her damn you !!!" :D

I caught up on Castle last night and thought this was one of the strongest episodes yet.
    I did think this is going to be the episode where Becket says something to show her affection for Castle. I also thought the family meal at the end was a nice touch.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hammerfan wrote: »
    I did think this is going to be the episode where Becket says something to show her affection for Castle. I also thought the family meal at the end was a nice touch.
    I did like the get together at the end as well. I suppose when they've got a relationship where they can just look at each other and you know what they're feeling they don't necessarily have to vocalise it.

I do wonder how long they can go before Castle and Beckett eventually get together though. I suppose we saw with "Moonlighting" how wrong things can go when they have a 'will they, won't they" relationship between the two leads who then get together.

I guess a possible storyline could have Castle getting hurt in some aspect and her telling him how she feels - bit cheesy after the end of last season though I s'pose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've said pretty much the same when we've watched it - I didn't watch Moonlighting, but have heard that the kiss of death for it was when the 2 leads got together. I wonder if that'll be how they end the show & keep us all on a will they won't they until that happens?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No need for spoiler tags to discuss episodes which have aired in the US! ;):)

I loved it when Kate found Castle alive in the bank... Only for Martha to spoil the moment!

I want them to get together, but do worry it would ruin the show if it did ever happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it when Kate found Castle alive in the bank... Only for Martha to spoil the moment!

I really thought they were going to kiss for a moment :o
    I want them to get together, but do worry it would ruin the show if it did ever happen.

I know its a corny trick but they do it so well :)
  • rhodrhod Posts: 3,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    This is by far my favorite show on (US) television. There is so much depth to the characters, especially the leads. I hope, especially after the "Killshot" episode, some awards will come Castle's way. In particular, Stana Katic couldn't give a more Emmy-worthy performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back this week :)

Two main thoughts from this week's episode:

1) Jaime Ray Newman needs to be on TV more. This and that episode of Grimm were the first things I'd seen her on since Eureka.

2) I'm starting to wish they'd stop the "will they, won't they?" and stop teasing the audience and actually just get Kate & Castle together at last.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Back this week :)

Two main thoughts from this week's episode:

1) Jaime Ray Newman needs to be on TV more. This and that episode of Grimm were the first things I'd seen her on since Eureka.

Jaime Ray Newman was also in 9 episodes of "Drop Dead Diva" over seasons 3 and 4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the recent episodes were fairly week - especially the one with the dogs which I struggled to finish - but this week was a return to form. It may be a well trodden path in TV-land, but I loved their take on the film noir era.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm getting fed up with the "will they, won't they" stuff. FFS already just get together!

Still, I was checking Wikipedia earlier for the episode name, and saw this bit of casting for episode 21...I'll tag it for the surprise ;)
    ADAM BALDWIN!

Excellent :D

Info on the ep: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20120402abc03/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awesome seeing Fillion and Baldwin together again! :D

I wish they'd get Morena Baccarin and the others to guest-star too...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome seeing Fillion and Baldwin together again! :D

Yes, fantastic episode. I was watching out for Firefly references and the one I got were
    - playing with the dolls at the start, an echo of Wash's dinosaurs.
    - "Nice jacket" - of course it had to be a brown coat