Bras for (very) large chests

Comments

• Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    shmisk wrote: »
    if its any consolation bras for small boobs are just as impossible

I am a 30A, when I was measured they said I wouldnt find bras to fit me in shops and they were right

even finding 32A is hard enough

Have you tried different places?

A friend of mine put on facebook how she went to la senza and they measured her for a bra and sold her one that was 32 DD and they were shocked that she had been wearing B cup bras from the highstreet.

Without sounding bitchy about her, theres no way shes a DD purely due to her build and the photos she posts regulary where she looks to be an A to B cup at a push. One of her friends commented that she too had been measured at la senza and was three sizes bigger than when she was measured elsewhere. So maybe their bras are smaller made than the majority. Maybe if you tried there they would have something suitable?
  • DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    if its any consolation bras for small boobs are just as impossible

I am a 30A, when I was measured they said I wouldnt find bras to fit me in shops and they were right

even finding 32A is hard enough

I agree. It's very frustrating. And then, when you do find a bra that fits, it looks like it was designed for a ten year old.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Have a look on the blog I posted cup sizes mean nothing without the band size, and vice verse :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Have you tried different places?

A friend of mine put on facebook how she went to la senza and they measured her for a bra and sold her one that was 32 DD and they were shocked that she had been wearing B cup bras from the highstreet.

Without sounding bitchy about her, theres no way shes a DD purely due to her build and the photos she posts regulary where she looks to be an A to B cup at a push. One of her friends commented that she too had been measured at la senza and was three sizes bigger than when she was measured elsewhere. So maybe their bras are smaller made than the majority. Maybe if you tried there they would have something suitable?

http://www.lasenza.co.uk/bras/all-bras.html#dir=asc&order=position&size=30_a

These are the smallest bras La Senza have, there's only two of them, the smallest back is a 30, and they look like they are intended for a child or young person rather than an adult. sigh

Debenhams have some smaller ones with a bit more choice, 28a, but they still look like they're designed for children, not a single sexy option. :(here
  • alijalij Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    I go to a local lingerie shop, who stock many of the same bras as Rigby and Peller, she recommended the MarieJo range and I have to say I have never felt as comfortable in a bra in my life. The fitter does the same "just by look" fitting and immediately put the band size down from the 38 I had been measured at the previous week in M&S and up 3 cup sizes. I bought 3 bras all around the £70 mark each but well worth it for the comfort level and how much better my figure looks
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    kyresa wrote: »
    Mm I got told I had a small back too!!

When I first went into Bravissimo years ago now, I was buying a 36FF and the girl behind the counter just said to me there is no way you are a 36 I would say a 30/32. I got fitted and she was right I was a 30G/H and the difference it made was enormous. I've put on weight but I am still only a 32 back.
    Forum Member
    http://www.lasenza.co.uk/bras/all-bras.html#dir=asc&order=position&size=30_a

These are the smallest bras La Senza have, there's only two of them, the smallest back is a 30, and they look like they are intended for a child or young person rather than an adult. sigh

Debenhams have some smaller ones with a bit more choice, 28a, but they still look like they're designed for children, not a single sexy option. :(here

I honestly don't work for them but have a look at Marie Jo which I mentioned in an earlier post, expensive but they have a good selection of small sizes

http://www.mariejo.com/en/lingerie?f[0]=field_product_display_type%3A2369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alij wrote: »
    I honestly don't work for them but have a look at Marie Jo which I mentioned in an earlier post, expensive but they have a good selection of small sizes

http://www.mariejo.com/en/lingerie?f[0]=field_product_display_type%3A2369

Wow, good looking out - 71 30As, and all adult looking. Think I'll try one. Thank you!

Damn, looks like I spoke too soon. If you search band size 30 and cup size A you get 71 results, but when you click on the bras the 30backs start at a C cup... I'll hunt through them all but, that's pretty typical of what I've found bra hunting.
    Forum Member
    Wow, good looking out - 71 30As, and all adult looking. Think I'll try one. Thank you!

Damn, looks like I spoke too soon. If you search band size 30 and cup size A you get 71 results, but when you click on the bras the 30backs start at a C cup... I'll hunt through them all but, that's pretty typical of what I've found bra hunting.

Sorry I didn't notice that, how annoying, and weird to start the smaller cup sizes a band size up.
  • IWantPVRIWantPVR Posts: 8,302
    Forum Member
    It must be quite flattering to be told your band size is lower and your cup size is higher. But if the new size is more comfortable then the chances are it's under less strain and will last longer.
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    My ex-wife was a 34JJ and the make she liked most was Fantasie as they do big sizes. She also bought some bras from the US via internet but i can't remember what make/brand name they were.

Is that the company started from nothing by a Scots woman who came from a rough council estate? I saw a really fascinating documentary on her, interviewed by Peter Jones (Dragons Den guy). She's worth millions now.....just from making Bras! :o

You're think of Michelle Mone and her company, Ultimo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Mone
  • Oliver_UstinovOliver_Ustinov Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woman trying stores along Princes Street in Edinburgh for a bra - she was a very well endowed woman. After about the fifth store, (it was Woolworths) and having been unable to find a large enough bra the assistant asked her if she'd tried Binns.

Yes, she said, but they rattle when I walk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    Swimsuits >:(

Get the top to fit 34g, get a saggy tummy area.
    Get a 14/16 to fit boobs and get out of the pool looking like you have a nappy on.
    Get a 12 to fit bottom half and boobs come out of armpit.

Dont like tankinis as they ride up and bikini tops make me look like Judy Finnegan :o
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woman trying stores along Princes Street in Edinburgh for a bra - she was a very well endowed woman. After about the fifth store, (it was Woolworths) and having been unable to find a large enough bra the assistant asked her if she'd tried Binns.

Yes, she said, but they rattle when I walk.

Boom Boom :D
    Typed in best Basil Brush style.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boom Boom :D
    Typed in best Basil Brush style.
    Glad you like it, sir. :)
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone. I might invest in a Rigby&Peller one. It's far too steep for me however what price for a straight posture and comfort?

I'm sure it sucks being small chested too. It feels like at either extreme the staff won't be well trained enough to advise you on what you really need in a bra.

I will also check out House of Fraser, I had no idea they would order in specific sizes so thanks very much to that poster!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Swimsuits >:(

Get the top to fit 34g, get a saggy tummy area.
    Get a 14/16 to fit boobs and get out of the pool looking like you have a nappy on.
    Get a 12 to fit bottom half and boobs come out of armpit.

Dont like tankinis as they ride up and bikini tops make me look like Judy Finnegan :o

At least men can get away with a lot more when it comes to swimsuit styles! :D
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another R&P fan here: darn, they're good.
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad you like it, sir. :)

Madam if you please :D
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Not a fan of M&S for the larger breasted lady (38H). The best bras are ever had were from when I went into the Rigby & Peller shop in London, strange experience, as they don't use a tape measure, they just look. M&S were measuring me at a 42D, R&P had me at a 38H and they were spot on. I am a big fan of Bravissimo, they have a lovely range, and you can get some decent prices, Freya & Fantasie being my fave brands. On the high street it has to be Debenhams, they have really lovely stuff in the "fuller" range.
    My bra from R&P cost £65 .... Best £65 I ever spent !
    Mumof3 wrote: »
    Another R&P fan here: darn, they're good.

Rigby and Peller have the same problem that a lot of High Street shops also have, they don't seem to stock many bra's above an H cup in small back sizes and in pretty youthful styles. The ones they have on their website are really frumpy and all full-cup. It's as though they think anyone above an H must not want to look sexy.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I have just found I'm a 34DD but I wear a 36D from M&S which I find much more comfortable. I hope I come back as a man in my next life. :)

Why? Instead of worrying about the size of your boobs all the time you are worried about the size of your dick - its not fun on the other side either.

:p
  • thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elliecat wrote: »
    When I first went into Bravissimo years ago now, I was buying a 36FF and the girl behind the counter just said to me there is no way you are a 36 I would say a 30/32. I got fitted and she was right I was a 30G/H and the difference it made was enormous. I've put on weight but I am still only a 32 back.

Unfortunately, some retailers (M&S cough cough) will try and sell you the bra they have available in a bigger back size and smaller cup because they don't have one in the low back-big cup size.

M&S tried to sell me a 38d as the closest size in the range when I was 15, as it was the largest cup they sold. My mum was furious, as I was a normal-sized teenage girl, being told I measured 38 just for the sake of a sale was ridiculous!
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Whats the best way to measure?

When i was in ann summers they were helping me find a bra, and said different styles often came up with a different size. I picked on i liked after being told i was 34C. In the shop it felt ok but after a few wears ive noticed that the bra seems tight around the back, and when i take it off it leaves a red indent of the strap and cups.

I dont think they really knew what they were doing, as she also said if the one i liked wasnt in stock, a 32D or a 36B would be the same as wearing a 34C! Surely that cant be right.
  • NP73NP73 Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I dont think they really knew what they were doing, as she also said if the one i liked wasnt in stock, a 32D or a 36B would be the same as wearing a 34C! Surely that cant be right.

The reason she came to that conclusion is that generally going down a back size and up a cup size will lead to a bra that, as its widest point, is of roughly the same overall circumference. Unfortunately, as you suggest, it is an erroneous one, as while the bra may well be the correct circumference, it still won't fit very well.

Having had (admittedly not personal, as I'm a man) experience of high-street measuring techniques versus the likes of Bravissimo, I'd suggest you probably need to go down a back size and up a cup size, although this may apply more to larger-cupped ladies, as I don't think the major chains have much idea what they are measuring, quite frankly.
  • NP73NP73 Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Double post