Options

For All Paul Akister Fans

julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,753
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just checked Oddschecker and noticed Paul Akister is a hot favourite to be eliminated in this Sunday's result show.

Just hope the general public don't follow Simon Cowell's lead and keep Paul in.

He is a worthy finalist if not winner in my eyes

Comments

• Options
    abs2512abs2512 Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is my favourite and has been since last year when Louis didn't put him through. I would love to see him stay in a few weeks longer, however, I feel very strongly that it would do him no favours to win. 2nd, 3rd or 4th would suit me :D
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    julie2009 wrote: »
    Just checked Oddschecker and noticed Paul Akister is a hot favourite to be eliminated in this Sunday's result show.

Just hope the general public don't follow Simon Cowell's lead and keep Paul in.

He is a worthy finalist if not winner in my eyes

I'm surprised at that. I'd have put the two groups or Jay as more likely than Paul.
  • Options
    Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he gets a "big" iconic song, which there are several of for this weeks theme to pick from, he won't be going with THAT voice :)
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem that he has is that people saw what he had to offer last year and were not impressed, so things are not going to be any different this year.
  • Options
    flowerladyflowerlady Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where do these bookies get there odds from though? ? They must go on what the media and social networks are saying. I think it was just pick on Paul week, soneone else is in line this week and their odds will plummet, just wait and see. Pauls going nowhere, manipulative tactics going on. Paul gets my votes every week all 10 of them and all my family and friends are the same. I am not worried for him at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Let's all rally behind Paul and prove to Simon that we WON'T be manipulated into thinking whatever he wants. Paul has an amazing voice, I can't wait to buy his albums. Simon has well and truly lost the ability to spot talent, I mean FFS he thinks Stereo Kicks and Stevie Ritchie deserve to be there more than Paul!
  • Options
    topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flowerlady wrote: »
    Where do these bookies get there odds from though? ? They must go on what the media and social networks are saying. ll.

Of course they don't. Betting odds are based on who or what people are betting on. So if lots of us put a tenner on Andrea to win the odds change so they don't have to pay out millions. If none of us bet on Stevie, he becomes like 100-1
  • Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked it too...and it's sad, but I'm not too surprised since his treatment has been so awful...I hope one of Simon's acts finally goes this week.. Just to rub it in even more...I'm no longer going to support any of his acts, not that any of them were my favorites anyways...it is just sad since I know the judges comments does affect the way people vote...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Let's all rally behind Paul and prove to Simon that we WON'T be manipulated into thinking whatever he wants. Paul has an amazing voice, I can't wait to buy his albums. Simon has well and truly lost the ability to spot talent, I mean FFS he thinks Stereo Kicks and Stevie Ritchie deserve to be there more than Paul!
    Well said, paul has an amazing talent, and Simon just knows he can't mold him to his little pop world. Everyone vote for paul
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Just checked it too...and it's sad, but I'm not too surprised since his treatment has been so awful...I hope one of Simon's acts finally goes this week.. Just to rub it in even more...I'm no longer going to support any of his acts, not that any of them were my favorites anyways...it is just sad since I know the judges comments does affect the way people vote...

Yeah I agree, screw you simon
  • Options
    Cpt James KirkCpt James Kirk Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    The problem that he has is that people saw what he had to offer last year and were not impressed, so things are not going to be any different this year.

No. Louis sent him home at judges houses because he thought he was too fat!! So people did not know what he had to offer till he came back this year.

Fatism. The last taboo!
  • Options
    KittygodfreeKittygodfree Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He will get my votes again because he has the best voice really hope this betting is wrong
  • Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He will get my votes again because he has the best voice really hope this betting is wrong

Im sorry to tell you, but if an act is highest in the elimination odds, they are there for a reason...
  • Options
    BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well we will do as much as we can at the weekend, but if he does go this week or in the next few weeks, then I will be done watching the show. Only tuned in this year for Paul :)
  • Options
    big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul really hasn't cut it at the lives imo, I know that people liked him last year but his vocals have dwindled, and he still lacks any performing skills which is what's placed him in danger I feel.
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Paul really hasn't cut it at the lives imo, I know that people liked him last year but his vocals have dwindled, and he still lacks any performing skills which is what's placed him in danger I feel.

Agree...raved about him all last year. ..but its Andrea who's out performing him at present!!! And the fact he sang Meatloaf well, despite complaining about it, , wouldn't have gone down well with alot of viewers! !!

Dont see him going out this week though
  • Options
    flowerladyflowerlady Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul has the best vocals out of the lot of them!!! Yes Andrea is good but he is a ballad singer, nothing else suits him. Paul however has versatility, he can make any song he sings sound soulful. He will be there until the end. I actually don't think winning does any of them any favours, especially with syco, if their album doesn't do well they get thrown on the scrap heap, which is cruel. Paul has got the platform he needed now and will go far and wide. #teampaul.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    E05297535 wrote: »
    Agree...raved about him all last year. ..but its Andrea who's out performing him at present!!! And the fact he sang Meatloaf well, despite complaining about it, , wouldn't have gone down well with alot of viewers! !!

Dont see him going out this week though
    BIB -Why would you think that?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Paul might be hot favourite to leave on Sunday with the bookies but if you look at the Outright Winner odds (Paddy Power) - Paul is 20/1, Stereo Kicks 33/1 Only the Young 40/1 Stevie 66/1.

The bookies just play around with the odds at this time in the competition to try and get your money :o
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me Paul is streets ahead of the others vocally, he sounds good no matter what he sings.
    I would say he would be best coming in 4th, as the top three are contracted to a one album deal with Cowell, and I don't think that will do him any good. Cowell doesn't,'t want him, he is only interested in pretty faces, the kids will fall in love with and buy any old poop Cowell churns out.

Paul isn't going to be anyone's puppet. So long as he secures his place on the tour, he can have the freedom to talk to decent record companies who do believe in him.

He is the only one on the show who I would want an album from.
  • Options
    A_SmithA_Smith Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps the people putting on bets are the people believing in the manipulation stories? If Paul gets a fair chance this week - i.e. no more stupid comments, decent music production, reasonable visuals not pulling away in the big notes etc - then he'll be ok. I think it'll all depend on whether last week was a one off or if xf really want him out. God knows why they would want that, I'm sure I'm not the only one watching for Paul.
  • Options
    ShAneOmaC2005ShAneOmaC2005 Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's quite comical to see how some people on DS seem to think the bookies ALWAYS get it right. They don't. I think this will be a learning curve for some of you bookie worshippers. Bookies had Brazil odd son favourite to lift the world cup this year... people who knew football knew this was bizarre. What happened to Brazil? LOL Paul's song choices have just been rubbish, Paul has got the ability to pull through this week with flying colours regardless of whether or not Simon is out to get him. I think he will pull through this week easily.. as a fan of Paul, I am really not worried about what the bookies think.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im sorry to tell you, but if an act is highest in the elimination odds, they are there for a reason...

The reason being is that money is being put down on Paul being eliminated, nothing else. The bookies don't have any insider knowledge. Nor do they have a crystal ball. What they do have is access to their own information which is just what people are placing bets on and how much money they're putting on those bets.

It may be that lots of people are betting on Paul going based on last weeks treatment. But the odds could well be skewed by just a few big-money bets. Given that he doesn't have the longest odds to win I'm thinking it's the latter.
  • Options
    ShAneOmaC2005ShAneOmaC2005 Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    The reason being is that money is being put down on Paul being eliminated, nothing else. The bookies don't have any insider knowledge. Nor do they have a crystal ball. What they do have is access to their own information which is just what people are placing bets on and how much money they're putting on those bets.

It may be that lots of people are betting on Paul going based on last weeks treatment. But the odds could well be skewed by just a few big-money bets. Given that he doesn't have the longest odds to win I'm thinking it's the latter.
    Wonderful post, both educational and informative. Hopefully it can help to abolish that ever present "BOOKIES ALWAYS GET IT RIGHT" theory.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Quite surprised by this, I think Jay, Stereo Kicks and Fleur could go before Paul