Options

Recording what is in buffer.

sealionsealion Posts: 240
Forum Member
I understand the Foxsat can buffer up to 2 hours of a single watched channel.

Say you want to record all of that buffer from the beginning and for the duration of the programme. How do you do this?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't, currently. Maybe Humax might make this possible...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Yes you can !

First thing I managed to do with my new machine.! (the first one just did not work and went back to dixons online- Very good service ) Mine is still working with only one LNB but as long as the PVR is still on the required channel and you have not been browsing - Just press the Red spot button and it will record the program that is currently in buffer . Example i started watching "The Bill" at 8:14 and after many interuptions decided to record it Pressed the button and I have The Bill From 8:14 in my media file!!

As mine is still only using one LNB it has NOT got updated software.
  • Options
    carvellcarvell Posts: 732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you reeeeeally sure? You definately can't do this on version 2 (or whatever it's called).

Can anyone else confirm it is possible to record the buffer on v1?
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    carvell wrote: »
    Are you reeeeeally sure? You definately can't do this on version 2 (or whatever it's called).

Can anyone else confirm it is possible to record the buffer on v1?

Just tried and you can't record the buffer on the latest firmware. Looks like this is an unintended consequence of the new firmware
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KenHS wrote: »
    Yes you can !

First thing I managed to do with my new machine.! (the first one just did not work and went back to dixons online- Very good service ) Mine is still working with only one LNB but as long as the PVR is still on the required channel and you have not been browsing - Just press the Red spot button and it will record the program that is currently in buffer . Example i started watching "The Bill" at 8:14 and after many interuptions decided to record it Pressed the button and I have The Bill From 8:14 in my media file!!

You are having me on! (Unless it is just an effect of running on 1 tuner and running on v1.00.01)
    Just tried and you can't record the buffer on the latest firmware. Looks like this is an unintended consequence of the new firmware

It's never been available on any firmware... (Well at least when running on two tuners ;))
  • Options
    sealionsealion Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Has anybody else managed this because I sure as hell can't do it. I wish Humax would sort this out with what I would consider a basic function. What can be so hard. Buffer says it all I would have thought.

Shame, because my Toppy will ( on Freeview) and very useful it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sealion wrote: »
    Has anybody else managed this because I sure as hell can't do it.

If you are running on one tuner and have v1.00.01 firmware, and you can't then I am sure you can't!
  • Options
    White-KnightWhite-Knight Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've posted before that its happened to me once on the v2 software.

That said, I've not been able to reproduce it since.
  • Options
    alan.walan.w Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KenHS wrote: »
    Yes you can !

Don't work here on version 2 with one LNB :rolleyes: