Who are the best scriptwriters in EE?

EEfan24EEfan24 Posts: 2,942
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who are the scriptwriters and who would you say are the best??

Comments

• SussexStephSussexSteph Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    Tony Jordan, Sarah Phelps, James Payne, Simon Ashdown, Gillian Richmond and Richard Davidson are all fantastic and stand out for me. I also like the two who write together Bridget and Mark somebody or other. Easties have a good mix of writers at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah Phelps is absolutely fantastic. The material she produces is way out of any other EE writer's league.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah Phelps always seems to produce quality scripts. I thought whoever wrote tonights script was awful though Ruby--
    " See if I care, see if I care i'm johnny allens daughter nobody can touch me!"" LOL it jsut seemed like a really out of character thing for her to say, no matter how upset she was. I thought the whole episode was rubbish tonight.

I take it sarah phelps didnt write this episode, that would be a shock! :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah Phelps always seems to produce quality scripts. I thought whoever wrote tonights script was awful though Ruby--
    " See if I care, see if I care i'm johnny allens daughter nobody can touch me!"" LOL it jsut seemed like a really out of character thing for her to say, no matter how upset she was. I thought the whole episode was rubbish tonight.

I take it sarah phelps didnt write this episode, that would be a shock! :p

Yes, she did write tonight's episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a great episode and all the Pauline/Martin and Jean/Sean stuff smacked of Sarah Phelps to me.

Although I thought it was a shame that with Ruby's exit they wasted the really sweet relationship we'd seen her build with Stacey over the last two years and that they parted on bad terms. EE never seems to have the warmth Corrie does - they just go for the drama.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BettyLuv wrote:
    I thought it was a great episode and all the Pauline/Martin and Jean/Sean stuff smacked of Sarah Phelps to me.

Although I thought it was a shame that with Ruby's exit they wasted the really sweet relationship we'd seen her build with Stacey over the last two years and that they parted on bad terms. EE never seems to have the warmth Corrie does - they just go for the drama.

Ruby has become a bitch though - and the fact that Sean didn't want her probably meant she hated Stacey too, just out of spite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally cannot bear Sarah Phelps.... always so overdramatic and sensationalist, lots of cheesy meaningful lines, last night was a prime example... much prefer Tony Jordan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally cannot bear Sarah Phelps.... always so overdramatic and sensationalist, lots of cheesy meaningful lines, last night was a prime example... much prefer Tony Jordan.

He's currently writing / written for Holby Blue, so should be good :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's Holby Blue? Kinda lost touch with Holby after the lovely Zubin left....sigh....
  • cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's Holby Blue? Kinda lost touch with Holby after the lovely Zubin left....sigh....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holby_Blue

Jordan also wrote some episodes of "Hustle" and "Life on Mars".

G
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's a new police drama. They've filmed/filming 12 episodes (no-one's sure if filming has been completed yet) which will be broadcast next year to rival The Bill. It's based in the city of Holby and is supposed to link storylines with the hospital staff and the police. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info :)