A question about Leon

124»

Comments

• Carnage VisorsCarnage Visors Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Do you believe Simon has that view now?

I think a lot of the contestants have failed to live up to their expectation.
    Absolutely. I think every year it has been obvious that certain judges (Simon & Louis) will slam certain acts regardless of how good their performance may have been on the night. Simon did it to Dionne last year, and it's quite probable that his ludicrous feedback played a significant role in her absurdly premature departure. He did it to Rhydian last Saturday, too. I'm not debating the positives or negatives of how Rhydian was styled or the way his performance was choreographed, because that's down to the production team rather than the act or their mentor. Simon is obviously more aware of that than pretty much anyone, so that makes his comments all the more uncalled for.

Well that was definitely true for the likes of Daniel, Futureproof, Andy & Alisha. Although none of those acts impressed me at any point during the series. But I don't think Leon has given a bad performance yet (it was the arrangement that was at fault for the first week, and he did well enough under the circumstances). I still think he's there on merit, and although the likes of Beverley & Niki are clearly stronger vocalists, he's been more consistent than they have so far.