Has Frankie Boyle gone TOO far now?

Comments

• SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eh, I have no problem with anyone's attempts to degrade the Royals.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't think he's capable of having any empathy with the people who he makes 'fun' of. How would he feel if someone said 'I hope your mum/dad/granny/child dies'?

He'd be the first person to be up in arms.

Why would you think that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Sorry... but i did chuckle at the crap ( . ) ( . ) joke :D
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We went to see him in Sept 2012 and he was telling the same queen joke then....so how is this news?
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It was on the BBC
    Well, i'm not sure if that specific joke was broadcast or cut but the beeb broadcast the show so the mail might have picked up on that.

Or they had a reporter or contacts from the live gig.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I found him hilarious back on Mock The Week but now it seems he just wants to be as controversial as possible.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    We went to see him in Sept 2012 and he was telling the same queen joke then....so how is this news?

Because this was part of a routine which was going to be broadcast on national TV and not just a gig for a few hundred perhaps?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found him hilarious back on Mock The Week but now it seems he just wants to be as controversial as possible.

Me too.

The 'Queen's Pussy' joke was funny, wishing her dead is something else altogether.
  • lyndalahugheslyndalahughes Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    He certainly is...

Ah, sorry. You said 'cult'... :)

You should be a comedian. ;)
    Forum Member
    humour is subjective

I think frankies funny because I get the joke the sicker the better

thats MY humour

but as usual others try to impose there point of view and cant see anyone elses

pathetic really

No.

Everyone can understand the intent, whether we laugh is the subjective.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, he doesn't like the Royals, but that kind of stuff really isn't necessary. I can see he's going to be totally banned from TV now and just reduced to touring.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/i-wish-the-queen-had-died-offensive-frankie-boyle-jokes-cut-from-bbc-comic-relief-broadcast-8524030.html

I was listening to an interview of Frankie Boyle and Jimmy Carr and it turns out that Boyle isn't interested in touring or being on television at all really. He just kind of wandered into it. He wants to get back to writing for other people.

So he doesn't care who he offends because he doesn't have to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kws wrote: »
    I was listening to an interview with Frankie Boyle and Jimmy Carr and it turns out that Boyle isn't interested in touring or being on television at all really. He just kind of wandered into it. He wants to get back to writing for other people.

So he doesn't care who he offends because he doesn't have to.

Good. The sooner he buggers off from our screens the better some of us will find it then. :cool:
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He certainly is...

Ah, sorry. You said 'cult'... :)
    You should be a comedian. ;)

Except you do have to have some new jokes of your own....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

According to this, Boyle's jokes seem to be recycled. So much for 'new' material. :D
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    If people are offended by him, then why watch him ? It's frankie boyle you know there is going to be distasteful content in it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leemuir wrote: »
    If people are offended by him, then why watch him ? It's frankie boyle you know there is going to be distasteful content in it

People couldn't watch him on last night's broadcast as the entire routine was removed because of its content. Because of that, the media reported it.

I wouldn't pay £1.50 to see him tbh. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think those jokes are funny. I don't really understand why there's so much fuss over a joke about filling up a body with helium. The other jokes in that article are no worse than ones you'd hear other comedians tell, but because it's Frankie Boyle everyone is outraged anyway.
    Fizgig wrote: »
    I saw his dvd, the 'Michael Jackson's Children's Hospital' joke just left me like... "There's something not right with this guy"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM8EVIbNxk4

I've seen him do that joke live. I couldn't breathe from laughing so hard :D
  • glaschelleglaschelle Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Frankie!! Sorry I missed it. Does anybody know if it's being repeated?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't see it as the entire routine was removed.
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    hes just a modern day version of bernard manning
    Forum Member

I don't advertise as a comedian, though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reaction is well over the top. Those who don't like it can suck it, as far as I'm humbly concerned. The way we grant the royal family special protection reminds me of North Korea. How dare he insult our beloved Queen is no different to the hysterical reaction by some in NK if someone were to insult the dear leader. It's absolutely pathetic - royalists need to grow up, or shut up.
    Forum Member
    mrblank wrote: »
    hes just a modern day version of bernard manning

Aye, Les Dawson could rip that old backward apart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdCvhfbhqrA
    Forum Member
    Freeman000 wrote: »
    The reaction is well over the top. Those who don't like it can suck it, as far as I'm humbly concerned. The way we grant the royal family special protection reminds me of North Korea. How dare he insult our beloved Queen is no different to the hysterical reaction by some in NK if someone were to insult the dear leader. It's absolutely pathetic - royalists need to grow up, or shut up.

How so? My boyfriend lives in South Korea and I'm off out there in April. Do tell us something we don't know.

I'm not into the Royal Family, but imagine if we had you as our personality instead, Wha.

They give entertainment, and you don't, get used to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The question that people need to ask themselves is this - if I were to apply Frankie's jokes on Kate Middleton to an ordinary celebrity, would I consider them to be equally offensive and equally objectionable? If the answer is no, then you are an absolute gobshite. Sorry for my bluntness, and to remind anyone who may object to my branding of 'gobshite', I have not directed it at any forum member - rather I have directed it on a theoretical assumption that it might apply to a reader. Seriously, people need to stop with this ludicrous and childish obsession with the Royal Family. They're just ****ing people. Worship them if you like, but don't expect others to treat them differently.