Odd Thing Happened At Cineworld Last Night

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Had this recently when went to see Woman in Black...but it was more to politely tell the teenagers that they will be thrown out if they dont grow the f** up
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    I went to see Identity Thief at my local Cineworld last night. Just before the film started after the usual ads and the Kevin Bacon ad the lights went up and a member of staff walked down to the front of the cinema and said something along the lines of...
    Mikay wrote: »
    It happened when I saw Identity Thief yesterday at Cineworld... ..
    guttridge wrote: »
    SAme thing happed to me last week. I throught it was werid.
    Could it be something to do with the film Identity Thief?
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It happened today at my local Cineworld, although our staff must be lazier because it wasn't a guy coming down to the front of the screen but rather an announcement over the tannoy system. It was quite unusual because I had read this thread yesterday but forgot about it until the announcement was made.
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    Could it be something to do with the film Identity Thief?

Nope happened with Trance for me :) it happens before any advertisements were shown so you have to get in the showing fairly early or you will miss it I guess :)
  • Miss ListerMiss Lister Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    i would imagine now they would use night visin camera etc to watch you and you don't know so you aren't concious about if you should laugh, scream, jump etc at different parts of the film. I would find some numpty watching me with binoculars really off-putting

It was only a couple of years ago and they were using night vision goggle/binocular things. Not sure really what they were. It was the first screening about a month before it came out in the cinema so I suppose they were being ultra careful. It was a bit off putting!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    that happened when i went to see Les Miserables. everyone in the audience just laughed because we had no idea what he was doing or why he was doing it!
  • ZapomaticZapomatic Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing unusual happened in my showing of Identity Thief at Shaftesbury Avenue today. Fortunately no annoying piracy ad, and the ads and trailers were "only" 20 minutes long rather than the typical 25. The really unusual thing was that the picture and sound were perfect! Shame about the film itself though, about 25 minutes too long.
  • AcornatiAcornati Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happened last night before the Host, random and unnecessary! They had allocated seating as well which was a first.