What Shows Would You Like To See Repeated?

Comments

• ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,961
    Forum Member
    Making Out and Mother Love are crying out for DVD release.
    Blackeyes, the Dennis Potter play.
    Larry Grayson's Generation Game.
    The Adventure Game.
    Elderado.

I've been waiting for DVDs of Making Out and Mother Love for years!
    Forum Member
    "Lame Ducks"
    "Tenko"
    "Poldark"
    "Nelson's Column"
    "Snakes And Ladders"
    "Bad Girls"
    "Colin's Sandwich"
    "All At Number 20"
    "Hilary"
    "Don't Wait Up"
    "Desmonds"
    "Young,Gifted And Broke"

Desmond's is being repeated on the Africa channel. It's on Sky, not sure if that channel's on Virgin etc though.

A BBC2 show called The Cops. It's never been repeated and it's not available on dvd either.

Take Me Home starring Keith Barron and Maggie O'Neill.
    Forum Member
    The Day Today
    Brass Eye
    Absolutely
    Police Squad

Loved Absolutely when I was a teenager, it was one of the cult shows amongst my classmates :D If you can get 4OD they're all on there. I saw them recently and I still found them very, very funny!

I also liked Brass Eye and The Day Today. I don't know if you remember another Chris Morris show on C4 called Jam with the brilliant Mark Heap, Kevin Eldon, Julia Davis and Amelia Bulmore. It was very dark humour, a bit weird and uncomfortable at times but it definitely should be repeated.
  • JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved Absolutely when I was a teenager, it was one of the cult shows amongst my classmates :D If you can get 4OD they're all on there. I saw them recently and I still found them very, very funny!

I also liked Brass Eye and The Day Today. I don't know if you remember another Chris Morris show on C4 called Jam with the brilliant Mark Heap, Kevin Eldon, Julia Davis and Amelia Bulmore. It was very dark humour, a bit weird and uncomfortable at times but it definitely should be repeated.

Did not realise 4OD had shows going back that far. I'll give them another watch. :)

I do remember Jam, but never got into it at the time. Think it is something that I would appreciate more now.

Don't see enough of Chris Morris, although he was in the recent Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle.
  • darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i would'nt mind seeing Hi di hi again :)
  • darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Tenko"

Tenko is being repeated at the moment on drama ( series 2 just started yesterday :) )
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ShaunIOW wrote: »
    Ye, the Buster Crabbe ones.

They were great!!!

He did a Buck Rogers one as well

I would like to see stuff like that old French version of Robinson Crusoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXhD1n5T8Yk

and The Flashing Blade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUsZ4caApxM

But both of those are on DVD so it's not really a problem
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see 'God's Wonderful Railway' - a children's TV series from 1980 - repeated, or at least released on DVD.

There's part of one episode on YouTube - featuring Dot Cotton and 'Brookside's' Harry Cross playing a station-master's wife and train driver respectively.

It was a lovely little series, filmed on the Severn Valley Railway.
    Forum Member
    Did not realise 4OD had shows going back that far. I'll give them another watch. :)

I do remember Jam, but never got into it at the time. Think it is something that I would appreciate more now.

Don't see enough of Chris Morris, although he was in the recent Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle.

They've got Whose Line Is It Anyway? on 4OD too, another favourite of mine from the 80's/90's :)

Jam is on dvd. I don't think it'll be repeated so I might have to buy it, it's not too expensive on Amazon at the moment. I'm wondering if it's on 4OD, now I think about it, I'll have to check.

I managed to catch Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle a few weeks back and noticed Chris Morris. I hadn't seen him on tv for years! He wrote a comedy for C4 called Nathan Barley about seven or eight years ago but I'm not sure what he's done since, apart from being on SLCV. He certainly wasn't afraid to tackle taboo subjects in his comedy and offend some people!

Edit: Jam isn't on 4OD :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    gboy wrote: »
    I'd love to see 'God's Wonderful Railway' - a children's TV series from 1980 - repeated, or at least released on DVD.

There's part of one episode on YouTube - featuring Dot Cotton and 'Brookside's' Harry Cross playing a station-master's wife and train driver respectively.

It was a lovely little series, filmed on the Severn Valley Railway.

I remember that one.... about 4 generations of the same family that worked on the Great Western Railway
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Mind Your Language.
    The Gaffer.
  • BritFlicks1BritFlicks1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bless This House
    Nearest and Dearest
    Till Death Us Do Part
    All the Play for Todays
    BBC Television Shakespeare adaptations
    A lot of the Screen One/Screen Two dramas
    Gormenghast
    The Last of the Blonde Bombshells
    Worzel Gummidge
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    The Gaffer.

Loved this, Bill Maynard, always remember the parking tickets flying out the back window of his rover. :D
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top Gear
    Only Fools & Horses
    Keeping Up Appearances
    Auf Weidersen Pet
    Columbo
    Murder She Wrote
  • BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Gathering Storm.....Upstairs Downstairs.....Play For Today.....TV Offal.....This Is Your Life (Big Stars/Comedians).....Tomorrows World.....Parkinson.....Moonlighting.....World In Action
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sw2963 wrote: »
    Top Gear
    Only Fools & Horses
    Keeping Up Appearances
    Auf Weidersen Pet
    Columbo
    Murder She Wrote

Oh i totally agree, not seen any of these repeated in years :p
    Forum Member
    Have I Got News For You from the first episode in 1990 until the final Angus episode.
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Making Out and Mother Love are crying out for DVD release.
    Blackeyes, the Dennis Potter play.
    Larry Grayson's Generation Game.
    The Adventure Game.
    Elderado.

I loved Making out , Id also like to see People like us the drama series from the 80s based on RF delderfields avenue stories
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    They were great!!!

He did a Buck Rogers one as well

I would like to see stuff like that old French version of Robinson Crusoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXhD1n5T8Yk

and The Flashing Blade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUsZ4caApxM

But both of those are on DVD so it's not really a problem

Yeah loved them as well (and got the DVD's).

Another I've remembered is Back Up a cop show about the TSG, did get a Gold re-run but nothing in years. Seeing Between the Lines again would be good as well.
  • nellieknelliek Posts: 10,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clocking off.

Glasgow kiss

And from BBC Sunday tea-time in the 70s - John Halifax Gentleman.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ShaunIOW wrote: »
    Yeah loved them as well (and got the DVD's).

Another I've remembered is Back Up a cop show about the TSG, did get a Gold re-run but nothing in years. Seeing Between the Lines again would be good as well.

When I think about FB and RC would (along with White Horses) be the first European tv shows I had ever seen
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    The Enigma Files - before advent of home video and I missed the last ever episode.

Blood Money / Skorpion / Secret servant - Michael Denison as a shadowy head of counter-terrorism unit.

Who Dares wins - early C4 comedy - live ish. Missed an episode, never shown again.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nelliek wrote: »
    Clocking off.

Was on not long back on CBS Drama, and no doubt be on again soon, as its been on there a few times now, as always gets repeated. :)
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    They've got Whose Line Is It Anyway? on 4OD too, another favourite of mine from the 80's/90's :)

Jam is on dvd. I don't think it'll be repeated so I might have to buy it, it's not too expensive on Amazon at the moment. I'm wondering if it's on 4OD, now I think about it, I'll have to check.

I managed to catch Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle a few weeks back and noticed Chris Morris. I hadn't seen him on tv for years! He wrote a comedy for C4 called Nathan Barley about seven or eight years ago but I'm not sure what he's done since, apart from being on SLCV. He certainly wasn't afraid to tackle taboo subjects in his comedy and offend some people!

Edit: Jam isn't on 4OD :(

Chris Morris was the original boss, Mr Reynholm in "The IT Crowd".
    It was also believed he was behind the HIGNFY hoax about Merton and Hislop accusing Jimmy Savile of being a paedophile when he was a guest on the programme, which never happened, but an alleged "transcript of unbroadcast material" was circulated on the Internet