Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 2)

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Fixed that for you.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horseflies, except they're not trivial, they're the most evil things on the entire planet - except perhaps those six-inch-long Malaysian hornets.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vaginal thrush.
  • Scarlet FeverScarlet Fever Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Horton wrote: »
    I've been considering buying a second hand iPod or similar as I don't want my phone battery to be killed on long journeys

I kept my old S3 when I upgraded to use as an mp3 player. It's brilliant
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    bbclassics wrote: »
    My trivial irritation is when I open the ketchup bottle and that gross tomato juice falls out on the plate.

If you shake the bottle before you open it you shouldn't get the juice. I hate that stuff too.

It looks like I'm going to be sitting opposite the most annoying person the office from next week onwards :cry: I already sat opposite the last person everyone found annoying, I think I've paid my dues by now :(
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Fixed that for you.

Guaranteed to get my back up. As does 'Discuss'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My left knee twitching due to nerves during driving...
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I park in a totally empty car park and someone goes and parks RIGHT next to me, and I have to get the back door open to plug a three year old into her car seat >:(

Lollipop ladies/men at pedestrian traffic lights, why?:confused:
    Forum Member
    If you shake the bottle before you open it you shouldn't get the juice. I hate that stuff too.
    Even worse with american mustard when you forget to shake the bottle
    Forum Member
    Adrian Chiles
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I park in a totally empty car park and someone goes and parks RIGHT next to me, and I have to get the back door open to plug a three year old into her car seat >:(

Lollipop ladies/men at pedestrian traffic lights, why?:confused:

To stop kids from running into the road on a green light.When I was a kid we had Tufty, Darth Vader or Alvin Stardust to stop us but they are all dead now.
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To stop kids from running into the road on a green light.When I was a kid we had Tufty, Darth Vader or Alvin Stardust to stop us but they are all dead now.

It seems all the 'don't get run over' adverts have been replaced by 'get loads of free cash if you get run over' ads instead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bastard bloody iTunes!

I installed the piece of rubbish yesterday just for the sake of one particularly awkward file and then uninstalled it a few hours later.

Just now I went to open some wavs that I was working on yesterday only to find that iTunes had unilaterally decided to move all four of them to its own directory without telling me.

A directory that I deleted when I uninstalled iTunes last night.

Poxy, jumped-up little shit, useless arse of a program it is.
    Forum Member
    'Live' threads that you leave for a minute only to find 4 new pages of posts when you return.

Most with one word replies like "Yes" or "OMG" or "Haha"
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Dave Prowse isn't dead. Neither is Alvin Stardust
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    -Things that are unjust
    -How these days I go to sleep freezing cold and wake up covered in sweat
    -Moths cus they get everywhere
    -Having to go on really long train journeys, the worst is when there are no seats left
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dust - ****s me right off
  • StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Train commuters that think opening windows because they are fat and hot is ok! Well it's not as everyone else is sitting in a hurricane!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    Windows updates.

You'd think they would be less disruptive by now, given that we are in 2014, but I'm using Windows 8 on a new laptop and the updates ALWAYS cause me grief when installing. I also hate it when the updates force themselves upon me when I'm shutting the computer down for the night, so I have to wait that little bit longer. Why are Microsoft so scared of letting the user be in charge?
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave Prowse isn't dead. Neither is Alvin Stardust

OMG are you saying that Tufty IS dead?
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bastard bloody iTunes!

I installed the piece of rubbish yesterday just for the sake of one particularly awkward file and then uninstalled it a few hours later.

Just now I went to open some wavs that I was working on yesterday only to find that iTunes had unilaterally decided to move all four of them to its own directory without telling me.

I won't let iTunes anywhere near any device I have but Windows Media Player isn't much better, insisting on "organising" all your files into nonsensical "libraries", so that you can't find anything.

I've ensured that WinAmp is the default program for opening all music files, but I can't find a replacement for the massively useless music player that came with my Nokia Lumia 520.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    I won't let iTunes anywhere near any device I have but Windows Media Player isn't much better, insisting on "organising" all your files into nonsensical "libraries", so that you can't find anything.

I've ensured that WinAmp is the default program for opening all music files, but I can't find a replacement for the massively useless music player that came with my Nokia Lumia 520.

I'm still using Winamp too. Some people laugh at me for using an such an archaic program but it's great. It does everything I want it to do exactly how and when I want to do it...and nothing else. It makes no decisions based on what it things I should want; if I select or deselect an option it realises that I want it that way FOREVER...it doesn't think "he's had that option turned off for a while now but doesn't he know that it's a great option? I'll be helpful and turn it back on for him".

The problem is that's great on my PC but when it comes to my Macs no one has bothered making any sort of usable music software because of the dominance of iTunes so I'm stuck with it on those computers. Try asking for any advice on any alternative on the net and you just get the Apple mob swarming in telling you that iTunes is the best and that you just need to try it to fall in love with it. No alternative available or necessary.

Before anyone says it, I've tried the Mac version of Winamp and it is a poor imitation of its Windows counterpart.
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,626
    Forum Member
    Windows updates.

You'd think they would be less disruptive by now, given that we are in 2014, but I'm using Windows 8 on a new laptop and the updates ALWAYS cause me grief when installing. I also hate it when the updates force themselves upon me when I'm shutting the computer down for the night, so I have to wait that little bit longer. Why are Microsoft so scared of letting the user be in charge?

Not sure if it's the same format for Windows 8, as i'm on Vista try, click start menu, click control panel, click security, look for security centre menu & click, turn automatic updating on or off, then there should be a drop down bar with options choosing whether to keep updates automatic, you chose when to install updates ecc.
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Bastard bloody iTunes!

.......... AND bl**dy Amazon Cloud Player. I decided to move some tracks across from my music on my PC at work to the cloud player which took hours. Now, Cloud Player has disappeared and all I have is Music Library with empty playlists, wrong genres, no info on the albums and no way of playing anything, like 'play all'. Gggrrrrrrr!
    Forum Member
    I'm still using Winamp too. Some people laugh at me for using an such an archaic program but it's great. It does everything I want it to do exactly how and when I want to do it...and nothing else. It makes no decisions based on what it things I should want; if I select or deselect an option it realises that I want it that way FOREVER...it doesn't think "he's had that option turned off for a while now but doesn't he know that it's a great option? I'll be helpful and turn it back on for him".

The problem is that's great on my PC but when it comes to my Macs no one has bothered making any sort of usable music software because of the dominance of iTunes so I'm stuck with it on those computers. Try asking for any advice on any alternative on the net and you just get the Apple mob swarming in telling you that iTunes is the best and that you just need to try it to fall in love with it. No alternative available or necessary.

Before anyone says it, I've tried the Mac version of Winamp and it is a poor imitation of its Windows counterpart.
    Do people say WinAmp is archaic?

I've used it for years and have the app on my phone with wifi transfers.
This discussion has been closed.