Options

Nicole admits she was never asked back.

InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,794
Forum Member
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a577533/nicole-scherzinger-on-x-factor-simon-cowell-never-asked-me-back.html

Interesting, with all the talk of Cheryl having some input on the panel is it any surprise?;-)

Comments

• Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Not surprising but I think it's an absolute joke that she wasn't asked back.
    She's one of the best ever judges.
  • Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    First time I've ever respected her.

To be fair you don't really get sacked on these things, it's just a 'contract renewal', simply a case of someone not fitting in anymore with new judges that were required (i.e. Simon and Cheryl) etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    I don't think there was ever a plan for her to come back. Simon made it clear to ITV last July that he would be returning meaning Gary was always getting the boot, whilst Sharon only signed up for one year and made that clear from the off. I think Cheryl returning has been in the pipeline for around a year alongside Simon, and Cheryl and Nicole would probably never sit together on the same show. Last year was just about keeping the seats warm and testing the new format in the earlier rounds.

ITV ought to sign her up for Rising Star, or the BBC could do much worse than getting her on The Voice now Kylie has quit.
  • Options
    EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JFoster1 wrote: »
    I don't think there was ever a plan for her to come back. Simon made it clear to ITV last July that he would be returning meaning Gary was always getting the boot, whilst Sharon only signed up for one year and made that clear from the off. I think Cheryl returning has been in the pipeline for around a year alongside Simon, and Cheryl and Nicole would probably never sit together on the same show. Last year was just about keeping the seats warm and testing the new format in the earlier rounds.

ITV ought to sign her up for Rising Star, or the BBC could do much worse than getting her on The Voice now Kylie has quit.

That'd be good for The Voice. They need a more vibrant personality, most of the coaches are just so boring. I'm not sure if Nicole would make such an obvious shot against ITV and Cowell though. To be honest though, she's definitely entitled to do so, in my opinion. Like you said, she was just a seat warmer last year... She's been treated pretty awfully. I'm now kind of hoping she does jump ship.
  • Options
    The Travelling ManThe Travelling Man Posts: 47,481
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a577533/nicole-scherzinger-on-x-factor-simon-cowell-never-asked-me-back.html

Interesting, with all the talk of Cheryl having some input on the panel is it any surprise?;-)

Must admit, I wasn't a fan when she started, but once the live shows were on, she really grew on me. I wish they had brought her back this series. I know it was never likely to happen, but I'd quite liked to have seen Cheryl, Nicole, Simon and Louis on the panel together.
  • Options
    gemhudgemhud Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    Must admit, I wasn't a fan when she started, but once the live shows were on, she really grew on me. I wish they had brought her back this series. I know it was never likely to happen, but I'd quite liked to have seen Cheryl, Nicole, Simon and Louis on the panel together.

I also think its the judges pay as well simon and cheryl cost alot of money and Nicole as well would be lot money for itv to pay out.
  • Options
    davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    Im gutted, she saved the show in 2012 for me as it was obvious Tulisa didnt want to be there. I really hope this is nothing to do with cheryl's 'input'
  • Options
    BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gemhud wrote: »
    I also think its the judges pay as well simon and cheryl cost alot of money and Nicole as well would be lot money for itv to pay out.

But apparently Mel B is costing alot of $.

Apparently she says on Alan Carr that 'Simon made his choice....'. Yes and that was Cheryl Cole. :(
    The infactuation lives on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    davedub wrote: »
    Im gutted, she saved the show in 2012 for me as it was obvious Tulisa didnt want to be there. I really hope this is nothing to do with cheryl's 'input'

Exactly. Look at her in 2012, she's the only one who made it worth watching.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    Nicole and Cheryl on the same panel? Well, I suppose if Cheryl is completely stupid and has no self-respect, maybe. But Cheryl is not stupid! Nicole knifed her good in the back. Tit for tat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kakieanne wrote: »
    Nicole and Cheryl on the same panel? Well, I suppose if Cheryl is completely stupid and has no self-respect, maybe. But Cheryl is not stupid! Nicole knifed her good in the back. Tit for tat.

Cheryl's never exactly been pleasant about Nicole though has she?!

Remember this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMOtX-hmHtg LONG before X Factor US.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »

Remember this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMOtX-hmHtg LONG before X Factor US.
    Cheryl was right though
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't forget the lies Cheryl w̶r̶o̶t̶e̶ put in her autobiography about Nicole singing "the whole of Promise This" to her face. Nicole said she only knew the words "promise this" and nothing else. :blush::blush:

When Simon signed Cheryl he must have had to remove Nicole from the equation to secure the contract. It's quite clear that Cheryl doesn't like her. It's a shame as Nicole has never really said anything about her. A classic case of the green eyed monster. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I actually don't think simon liked working with nicole on us x factor either
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Don't forget the lies Cheryl w̶r̶o̶t̶e̶ put in her autobiography about Nicole singing "the whole of Promise This" to her face. Nicole said she only knew the words "promise this" and nothing else. :blush::blush:

When Simon signed Cheryl he must have had to remove Nicole from the equation to secure the contract. It's quite clear that Cheryl doesn't like her. It's a shame as Nicole has never really said anything about her. A classic case of the green eyed monster. :)
    Yeah us fiasco. Nicole pitching for her job before she was let go and then leaking it to us radio station I wouldn't want to work with her again either.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah us fiasco. Nicole pitching for her job before she was let go and then leaking it to us radio station I wouldn't want to work with her again either.

Fox handled that, it's hardly Nicole's fault that Cheryl wasn't working on the panel. It certainly doesn't give Cheryl a free pass to print lies about Nicole in her book. Notice that Nicole never said a bad word about Cheryl until that drama. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a shocking way to treat people,just take what you need from them and then toss them aside!Horrible.Not even a call to say good job the last few years but you won't be back this year.Why could'nt they have had Cheryl and Nicole?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fox handled that, it's hardly Nicole's fault that Cheryl wasn't working on the panel. It certainly doesn't give Cheryl a free pass to print lies about Nicole in her book. Notice that Nicole never said a bad word about Cheryl until that drama. :)
    she went behind her back that's worse in by books.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cheryl was right though

Yeah because Cheryl really has a right to be commenting on others vocals doesn't she :blush:

I know lol, Nicole's version of events about singing a bit of the Promise This chorus because she doesn't know the whole song sound so much more realistic.

I think when Simon and Cheryl did that interview with Dan Wootton and Simon made the comment about not putting Cheryl next to anyone she "hates" pretty much confirmed Nicole wasn't in anyway coming back. It's sad because Simon should hugely appreciate Nicole for what she has done. She kept the whole thing running in 2012.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Well, I think this pretty much confirms that Ms Cole gets what she wants. If she had at least a bit of self-respect she wouldn't return to the show - no matter how much money she was offered. But of course with her underwhelming album sales, and before her fans come in and say she's had a '#1 best selling book listed in the NY times' I'm referring to the album sales here, I'm not at all surprised she's found her way back to the XF. I can't take a woman like her seriously.

I practically tuned in for the past two years solely because of Nicole, and the two or three acts that caught my attention. But I don't think I will be watching the show live this year. I think it's pretty absurd that people think the panel has been the issue - no, it isn't. The decline in viewers is simply because the show is getting tiresome and repetitive, and the talent just hasn't cut it for the past two years with the exception of one or two and with On Demand and ItvPlayer becoming a widely used feature now people simply don't have the time to sit down and watch the show.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah because Cheryl really has a right to be commenting on others vocals doesn't she :blush:

I know lol, Nicole's version of events about singing a bit of the Promise This chorus because she doesn't know the whole song sound so much more realistic.

I think when Simon and Cheryl did that interview with Dan Wootton and Simon made the comment about not putting Cheryl next to anyone she "hates" pretty much confirmed Nicole wasn't in anyway coming back. It's sad because Simon should hugely appreciate Nicole for what she has done. She kept the whole thing running in 2012.

Im sorry what :confused:

Bringing down the ratings
    Sitting drunk/stoned on live tv
    Cheering on talentless people, wanted Rylan to win
    Responsible for James Arthur, the most unlikable contestant ever
    Backstabbing Cheryl
    Stealing Sam Bs moment

And she wonders why nobody wants her back...
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    marianner wrote: »
    Im sorry what :confused:

Bringing down the ratings
    Sitting drunk/stoned on live tv
    Cheering on talentless people, wanted Rylan to win
    Responsible for James Arthur, the most unlikable contestant ever
    Backstabbing Cheryl
    Stealing Sam Bs moment

And she wonders why nobody wants her back...

Please, give the 'backstabbing Cheryl' comments a rest. You're acting like they were childhood friends or something. :blush: It's really not that deep....:kitty:

I hardly think it's very wise to put the blame on Nicole for James. You must be pretty naive if you think the judges have any real say in who they want through. :blush:
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    Please, give the 'backstabbing Cheryl' comments a rest. You're acting like they were childhood friends or something. :blush: It's really not that deep....:kitty:

I hardly think it's very wise to put the blame on Nicole for James. You must be pretty naive if you think the judges have any real say in who they want through. :blush:

Its got nothing to do with Cheryl.
    Its a fact - she stole Cheryls job behind her back. In my book thats backstabbing.

She should have told James to zip it, to shape up and set a good example. She was his mentor.
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Surely if it was a lie, Nicole would have sued?
  • Options
    BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve Jones, who hosted the first US season, has said in an interview or two that he got the feeling early on that Cheryl had been deliberately set up to do poorly and get fired, and then Nicole was meant to come in, save the day and wow everyone with what an amazing judge she was. If there's any truth to that, the question becomes whether Nicole was complicit in that plan (Cheryl obviously thinks she was), or whether she was just another pawn in Cowell's game.