✭✭
    PERFECT ROUND! :D

I would offer £6,500
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    1p Yes! I would offer the average now and that is £7,875. :D
    Forum Member
    Actually, realising it, I think I would have declined £1,323.
    £5,200 is rubbish.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £5,230 is RUBBISH! >:(
    Forum Member
    Jack, it is only a 1 in 5 chance of winning nothing. Well, we certainly know who wouldn't go for box 23. :p

But shouldn't he say that he doesn't want her to go with nothing when box 23 is bought to the table, not when the offer is?
    Forum Member
    I think she is going to Deal... Oh thankfully she hasn't.
    Forum Member
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss! £15,000! :D

Don't go for box 23.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noel opening the last box! :D

DON'T TAKE BOX 23!!
    Forum Member
    I would have declined £1,323, £7,000 and £5,230 to win £15,000. :D

I would definitely NO DEAL BOX 23.
    Forum Member
    Shut up Jack. >:(

But don't go for box 23.
    Forum Member
    Why would you do that if you think it has got DOUBLE in? :confused:
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Box 22 - Laura - £250
    Box 8 - Jono - £50
    Box 19 - Paula - 1p :D

£750 and £15,000 left in the game

Closing offer - £5,230

The banker calls and says Sharelle can have the swap if she no deals

NO DEAL

Sherelle says NO SWAP

Box 13 - £15,000

Pitch invasion ensues

Box 4 - Opened by Noel - £750

Box 23 - NO DEAL
    Contents - HALF
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good decision!

BANKER SPANKING! :D
    Forum Member
    Well, the complete opposite of DOUBLE, HALF! :D

BANKER SPANKING! YAY! :D
  • SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the complete opposite of DOUBLE, HALF! :D

BANKER SPANKING! YAY! :D

Actually the complete opposite of Double is Nothing. Suppose Box23 had only three outcomes: Double,Money Back,or Nothing. Then you can see that Nothing is clearly the opposite of Double - you either double your money,which is the best result,get your money back,or you lose it all,which is the worst.

If you played Box23 for £20,000, which is the break even point,Half is the exact opposite of +£10,000.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes it's better to try not to reach for a target. Good thing she didn't or she would be £7,500 worse off. :)
  • ramraider1ramraider1 Posts: 14,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    One year since Paddy made history

Really ?
    Maybe this is where the Glorious 12th gets his username from?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately, she took out 3 big numbers, that is why my offer was poor and so was the bankers but it is understandable. ;-)

Not surprised to see that you are noticing the break! :D (Don't you mean 3:38?)

Hurry up break, and yes ramraider I am complaining about the break being too long. :D

This break has been going on for 5 minutes. Hurry up. :o>:(

One of these days you'll complain about the break being too short! :D
    Then again, probably not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guess what I am going to moan about now.

I love quizzes ! :)
    In order of probability :-

1. An impending and inevitable break. :D
    2. A crap offer from the banker. >:(
    3. The pilgrim of the day being introduced and how box 23 works being explained. :(
    4. Jack
    5. Another sob story from the player.
    6. Noel going for a break in the middle of the DOND question.
    7. The player saying that's a great offer when you know they're thinking 'that's tosh!'
    8. The banker offering too much money
    9. A lack of breaks for a programme which lasts an hour.
    10. The Scottish Independence referendum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I am moaning about that box 23 nonsense, Well done if you are correct! :D

Noel, we already know about box 23. >:(

£100k gone. :(

I would increase my offer to the fair deal of £3,311.71.

£500, that is poor. >:(

I think I won the bronze medal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would rather watch DOND than the adverts that are on now about school uniform and staysure. >:(

I have a bad feeling about this game, either she will deal too early and has a big number in her box and box 23 doesn't help her. Or she goes away with a blue and box 23 doesn't help then either.

Why did you have to mention school uniform? >:(
    You just wouldn't let it lie , would you !! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jack, it is only a 1 in 5 chance of winning nothing. Well, we certainly know who wouldn't go for box 23. :p

But shouldn't he say that he doesn't want her to go with nothing when box 23 is bought to the table, not when the offer is?

Did you see Jack shaking his head in disbelief when Sharelle tried to argue going for box 23 ? I will not repeat here what I shouted at the TV.

Jack needs to remember that this is Sharelle's game and as Sarahsaurus correctly says , this is NOT a team game. Arrogance ! ( as Private Fraser used to say to Capt Mainwaring)
  • Glorious 12thGlorious 12th Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    DEAL OR NO DEAL - [highlight]1ST ANNIVERSARY OF GLORIOUS 12TH AUGUST.[/highlight]

Today marks the Glorious 12th, a year ago, this date in 2013 when Deal Or No Deal finally achieved such a worthy first male quarter millionaire with 18 year old Paddy after 8 years of trying and many near misses along the way.

With supreme irony Deal Or No Deal achieved a second male quarter millionaire on another almost as glorious 12th exactly six months later in February this year. That's the beauty of Deal, the wonderful coincidences that randomly occur.

Soon to come along will be another glorious opportunity in Deal Or No Deal and with it just maybe, DOUBLE the glory of the big 7 so far - keep vigilant and enjoy the autumn.

http://www.channel4.com/dealornodeal
  • Coupon BoyCoupon Boy Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    A great game to have on the anniversary of Paddy's jackpot win. :D All of the last 3 offers were arguable either way, and Sharelle bravely declined all 3 of them to score herself a well-earned spanking. :D

Also, the fact that no one put their Deal light on to an 8 box offer that was above the Fair Deal shows that the wings don't respond to blue wins nearly as badly as they did 10 months ago. :)
  • SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEAL OR NO DEAL - [highlight]1ST ANNIVERSARY OF GLORIOUS 12TH AUGUST.[/highlight]

Today marks the Glorious 12th, a year ago, this date in 2013 when Deal Or No Deal finally achieved such a worthy first male quarter millionaire with 18 year old Paddy after 8 years of trying and many near misses along the way.

With supreme irony Deal Or No Deal achieved a second male quarter millionaire on another almost as glorious 12th exactly six months later in February this year. That's the beauty of Deal, the wonderful coincidences that randomly occur.

Soon to come along will be another glorious opportunity in Deal Or No Deal and with it just maybe, DOUBLE the glory of the big 7 so far - keep vigilant and enjoy the autumn.

http://www.channel4.com/dealornodeal

Hello,Glorious 12th,nice to see you again. Double the glory of the big 7? So somebody might win half a million? Well,it's highly unlikely to happen with the current set up of Box23,and we all know that. Nobody's going to risk a quarter of a million pounds with a 1 in 5 chance of losing the whole lot,not to mention the fact that it would be a negative expectation bet anyway,£250,000 at Box23 is only worth £227,000,if you average out the five possible outcomes.

So if there really is going to be a realistic chance of somebody winning half a million,the game must be changing in some way,either you're changing Box23,perhaps getting rid of nothing,or there's going to be a half million box,or there's going to be some other format change.

Keep us posted.;-)
This discussion has been closed.