American Horror Story. FX UK pace (Spoilers in tags please)

Comments

• JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    Half an hour to go
    Forum Member
    God.Sister Jude / Jessica is bread making now .She is so talented
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lily Rabe OWNS this episode. Owns it.
    Forum Member
    Sister Jude meets ET.....Hope its not hungry.... :eek:
    Forum Member
    Flippin eckk.Shellys legs...:(:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Yet again this series has given me a "holy crap" moment. Excellent stuff..
  • wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode, loving Sister Eunice possessed.... :D
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched Ep3 tonight on FXUK and now having seen the first 3 episodes of AHS: Asylum, i can't put my finger on it but i just don't think it's as good as the first season. I'm finding it really difficult to get into and connect or engage with any of the characters. I know it's an anthology but it's SO so different from the first season especially in setting and tone. The positives i can give the show is the actors and performances across the board are brilliant. Tonight for example this was Lily Rabe's episode and she was excellent (i loved her being all evil and possessed!), as are always Jessica Lange, James Cromwell and Zachary Quinto.

Storywise i just don't know where they're going with it. Tonight we saw something which looked like a human/monster hybrid of ET which i thought was ridiculous and then we have the alien abduction/ufo aspect with the little bug creature and Evan Peters character. I just don't get it.

What also confuses me is we have 2 plot strands, one being the present day setting which always opens each episode and is then followed by the Asylum story. I'm more interested in the present day setting and wondering what the hell is going on there. We have the couple in the Asylum, we have Bloody Face and then there's 2 other guys pretending to be Bloody Face?! WTF? Shelley's amputation was another WTF moment tonight as well.

Don't get me wrong, i like watching it. It's absolutely crazy and mental but i just don't know if this is all there is to it. I don't think it's as good. I see it's been renewed for a third season as well. How far behind are we from the US? And anyone who's watching at US pace does it get better or are things starting to become clearer now storywise?
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I watched Ep3 tonight on FXUK and now having seen the first 3 episodes of AHS: Asylum, i can't put my finger on it but i just don't think it's as good as the first season. I'm finding it really difficult to get into and connect or engage with any of the characters. I know it's an anthology but it's SO so different from the first season especially in setting and tone. The positives i can give the show is the actors and performances across the board are brilliant. Tonight for example this was Lily Rabe's episode and she was excellent (i loved her being all evil and possessed!), as are always Jessica Lange, James Cromwell and Zachary Quinto.

Storywise i just don't know where they're going with it. Tonight we saw something which looked like a human/monster hybrid of ET which i thought was ridiculous and then we have the alien abduction/ufo aspect with the little bug creature and Evan Peters character. I just don't get it.

What also confuses me is we have 2 plot strands, one being the present day setting which always opens each episode and is then followed by the Asylum story. I'm more interested in the present day setting and wondering what the hell is going on there. We have the couple in the Asylum, we have Bloody Face and then there's 2 other guys pretending to be Bloody Face?! WTF? Shelley's amputation was another WTF moment tonight as well.

Don't get me wrong, i like watching it. It's absolutely crazy and mental but i just don't know if this is all there is to it. I don't think it's as good. I see it's been renewed for a third season as well. How far behind are we from the US? And anyone who's watching at US pace does it get better or are things starting to become clearer now storywise?

I think that going by the last series you just have to have faith that it's all going to come together and some point and make sense - kind of!
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How far behind are we from the US?
    Only 2 episodes (Ep5 aired there this week).
  • themcqthemcq Posts: 224
    Forum Member

I feel the same, everything is there that i want, shocking moments, great acting but it just isn't gripping me the same way as the first season. It might just be that i feel that there isn't as much mystery about the characters, not saying i am right but that's the way i feel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 2 is far more superior to Season 1.

Season 1 pandered too much to the teenagers who need a fictional relationship to fawn over. Season 2 is more grown up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Season 2 is far more superior to Season 1.

Season 1 pandered too much to the teenagers who need a fictional relationship to fawn over. Season 2 is more grown up.

:confused: Nice theory but as I'm most certainly no teenager and in my humble opinion the relationship between the 2 younger characters was certainly not the main highlight of the series for me, I'm struggling to understand your point.

Seems to me that I'm not alone in enjoying session 1 for it's uniqueness (sp..is that even a word?) and class where as season 2 is sadly lacking something..not sure what but certainly reading the posts something is missing.
    Forum Member
    Both Dr Arden and Thredson are creepy. The Asylum inmates are so lucky :eek:
    Forum Member
    A quieter episode.Loved the Anne Frank character at the end.... lol. Excellent
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm only able to see this on a Friday night when it's repeated so will comment then. Anne Frank eh? Sound interesting!
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just started watching season 1 today and was enthralled. I watched 6 episodes on the trot! I should be up to date by the end of the weekend!
    Forum Member
    kimotag wrote: »
    Just started watching season 1 today and was enthralled. I watched 6 episodes on the trot! I should be up to date by the end of the weekend!

Im getting the dvd of Series 1 for Christmas.Is it quite different from Series 2 as some say Series 2 isnt quite as good. Sounds like it will be worth the wait. :D
  • BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It took me a couple of episodes to get into series 2, but its bloody good now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And it gets so much better :D
  • phantom sneezephantom sneeze Posts: 1,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this after reading a review in the back of one of the telly mags and WOW its fantastic. I really enjoying it. Thank god for virgin catch up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    So are the things in the woods, other inmates he's done tests on with diseases and suchlike?
    On the season 1 v season 2 argument, season 1 every time for me, I do enjoy season 2, it just seems even more bonkers and bloody than season 1.
    Forum Member
    FatherA wrote: »
    So are the things in the woods, other inmates he's done tests on with diseases and suchlike?
    On the season 1 v season 2 argument, season 1 every time for me, I do enjoy season 2, it just seems even more bonkers and bloody than season 1.

Must be .....But why do they like human flesh and not burgers ....Also why dont they dont get revenge on Dr Arden.
    Half an hour to go .......Im worried Anne Franks going to end up framed by Dr Arden somehow...He surely cant get out of this..... :eek:
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see this series is dividing opinions.
    I personally like season 1 better but I am still really enjoying this series even if there is alot going on.
    Still one of my favourite shows of the year. And it's been renewed for a third season. God only knows what they will do then.
    Forum Member
    Lana must be in grave danger now she has escaped.Shades of Buffalo Bill. :eek: