Has Frankie Boyle gone TOO far now?

Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
Forum Member
✭✭✭
OK, he doesn't like the Royals, but that kind of stuff really isn't necessary. I can see he's going to be totally banned from TV now and just reduced to touring.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/i-wish-the-queen-had-died-offensive-frankie-boyle-jokes-cut-from-bbc-comic-relief-broadcast-8524030.html

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he'll be "banned", he just won't be booked. I don't personally find him funny but I know many people do - I think there are better people out there who do offensive humour. His approach seems to be to say as many offensive things as possible in the hope that one will get him a laugh and another one will get him in the papers.
  • suncitysuncity Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    It's an artform. If you don't like it, odn't watch it would be my advise. I don't like scary films as they disturb me - so I don't watch them. Simples.
  • lolacolalolacola Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    I used to find him funny on Mock the Week, but he doesn't seem so funny now. He now seems pissed off and wants to start fights with anyone who'll listen to him.

I'm by no means a fan of Katie Price, but joking that her disabled son wants to f... her isn't funny. There are some things that you shouldn't joke about. People's kids is one of them.
  • lyndalahugheslyndalahughes Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    Roy Chubby Brown could never get on TV and is regarded as a cult. Perhaps Frankie is hoping to do the same, I'm sure he could live off his DVD sales. Burn one bridge and another gets built. ;)
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't actually see what's meant to have constituted a 'joke' as all I read was a stream of barely coherent verbal diarrhoea.
    Forum Member
    suncity wrote: »
    It's an artform. If you don't like it, odn't watch it would be my advise. I don't like scary films as they disturb me - so I don't watch them. Simples.

No love, it's no artform and those meerkats are now my slippers.

It's all about £££, he can make more on DVD sales as a banned act than he can on a TV panel show. See the wider picture.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    its not any worse than any other joke he has made
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suncity wrote: »

Nobody was able to watch it as the whole act was cut from the final programme. If he wanted to outrage people by not appearing, he's certainly succeeded.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    OK, he doesn't like the Royals, but that kind of stuff really isn't necessary. I can see he's going to be totally banned from TV now and just reduced to touring.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/i-wish-the-queen-had-died-offensive-frankie-boyle-jokes-cut-from-bbc-comic-relief-broadcast-8524030.html
    You should be glad otherwise you'd have nothing to post about.

Funny to read that Whitehall's full set was cut :D
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldn't care less what he says about the royals. The only thing I find offensive here is how unfunny Boyle is. Embarrassingly so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    You should be glad otherwise you'd have nothing to post about.

I'm ecstatic! :D;)
    Funny to read that Whitehall's full set was cut :D

Yes, I can't stand him either. Silly little upper class twit. :D
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Couldn't care less what he says about the royals. The only thing I find offensive here is how unfunny Boyle is. Embarrassingly so.

I know comedy is subjective, but even so, you can see the desperation to have attention in his act, which kind of makes what he actually says irrelevant since it's secondary.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The jokes about Kate were great & truthful about her t*ts, loved the joked about the pope as well. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't think he's capable of having any empathy with the people who he makes 'fun' of. How would he feel if someone said 'I hope your mum/dad/granny/child dies'?

He'd be the first person to be up in arms.
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    How many more times can he go "too far"? This discussion rears its ugly head several times a year. He's dreadful and completely unfunny, but i'm sure he has an audience of like-minded people who like what he does.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    How many more times can he go "too far"? This discussion rears its ugly head several times a year. He's dreadful and completely unfunny, but i'm sure he has an audience of like-minded people who like what he does.

Yes, I'm waiting for his defenders to rear their heads next.
    Forum Member
    I just don't think he's capable of having any empathy with the people who he makes 'fun' of. How would he feel if someone said 'I hope your mum/dad/granny/child dies'?

He'd be the first person to be up in arms.

He's probably 'in character', which is an excuse for being a sly ****.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's probably 'in character', which is an excuse for being a sly ****.

When he was on Mock The Week I read his 'autobiography', and he sounds as if he was a s*it right from the time he was a kid.
  • gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    humour is subjective

I think frankies funny because I get the joke the sicker the better

thats MY humour

but as usual others try to impose there point of view and cant see anyone elses

pathetic really
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to find him funny but he's become a parody of himself now; he's like the Michael McIntyre of gallows humour.

Still, the more Mary Whitehouse esq the reaction, the greater the thrill he no doubt gets from it:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw his dvd, the 'Michael Jackson's Children's Hospital' joke just left me like... "There's something not right with this guy"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM8EVIbNxk4
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to find him funny but he's become a parody of himself now; he's like the Michael McIntyre of gallows humour.

Still, the more Mary Whitehouse esq the reaction, the greater the thrill he no doubt gets from it:D:D

Yeah, me too. He was genuinely funny, back when his satire had bite and intelligence.

Sad to say as awful as Boyle now is, if the choice were him and McIntyre, no competition. Boyle. That's how grimly unfunny I think McIntyre is. :D
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trouble is, he's just after attention and judging by the 2000 plus posts in the Daily Mail alone, he's getting it!
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Yeah, me too. He was genuinely funny, back when his satire had bite and intelligence.

Sad to say as awful as Boyle now is, if the choice were him and McIntyre, no competition. Boyle. That's how grimly unfunny I think McIntyre is. :D

Oh me too!!!!!
  • grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roy Chubby Brown could never get on TV and is regarded as a cult.

He certainly is...

Ah, sorry. You said 'cult'... :)