Has Frankie Boyle gone TOO far now?

Comments

• tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    With the name Tysonstorm

Whats my username got to do with this?
    whose services included, "Dropping bombs on yo Moms" why am I not suprised.

What does my "services" have to do with this?
    If you were a member of the EDF you'd probably find racist jokes hilarious, may even find homophobic jokes hoping 'queers would f'ing die' funny.

I suspect you mean the EDL :rolleyes:
    Then again I expect you would find such jokes offensive.

I find any jokes funny, if they are funny. Be they intellectual jokes or gutter humour. At the end of the day humour/comedy is subjective.

If I saw a member of the EDL spouting their hate filled views on the street, then that would be offensive however thats a far cry from someone on stage trying to get a rise or a laugh or even a gasp of horror from the audience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its meant to be offensive
    his whole act is

if someone is not offended , he isn't doing his job

i personally think he is awesome, imo he plays it too safe

satire has its place, if you dont like it then tough, you will be hard pressed to find any joke that isnt offensive to someone
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed him on Mock the Week, he was quick and witty as well as fairly outrageous. It seems to me that the cleverness fell out of his material somewhere along the way, and now it's just kind of outrage for its own sake. Some of his jokes make me laugh, others don't. But for me, he's lost the wit behind the outrage which made it clever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    I suspect you mean the EDL :rolleyes:

No Tyson, they mean Électricité de France for Christs sake. Come on Pal, wave the white flag for Britain.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Tyson, they mean Électricité de France for Christs sake. Come on Pal, wave the white flag for Britain.

I'm already with the EDF. :p

Bloody expensive too, and thats no joke. :mad:
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,751
    Forum Member
    One thing's been made clear, those who appreciate Boyle lack a sense of humour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In your opinion. Humour is subjective. You do not care for Boyle, I do. We have appreciation of different huomour but it does not mean I do not have a sense of humour and you do.
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, he doesn't like the Royals, but that kind of stuff really isn't necessary. I can see he's going to be totally banned from TV now and just reduced to touring.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/i-wish-the-queen-had-died-offensive-frankie-boyle-jokes-cut-from-bbc-comic-relief-broadcast-8524030.html

Frankie Boyle is funny end of...
    If you don't his humour don't watch him, read about him or listen to him.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You mean they have a non boring less middle of the road humour?
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How so? Please explain because the BiB escapes me. :confused:

If Boyle died and his body was hollowed out you wouldn't need 'the guy who plays Gollum to wear it', it'd keep afloat on its own from all the hot air he spouts.

You just made a tasteless joke about his death :confused:

It really makes him the subject, since no one is going to say "yeah, pfft... take that cancer victims triumphing over adversity" are they?
    The joke is him and his ridiculous misanthropy. No one for one second thinks he means that joke as an attack.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the material that was cut .. so be warned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYdH_JfU97Q
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Haha, the Ipad/Iphone joke!
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve35 wrote: »
    Frankie Boyle is funny end of...
    If you don't his humour don't watch him, read about him or listen to him.:D

You think he's funny, others don't. Allow them to express their opinions. Just because you say he's 'funny' doesn't make it so for others. FYI I don't watch him or listen to him. I was commenting on this because it was all over the papers.

Please don't tell me what and what not to do. It's very presumptuous of you. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    You just made a tasteless joke about his death :confused:

It really makes him the subject, since no one is going to say "yeah, pfft... take that cancer victims triumphing over adversity" are they?
    The joke is him and his ridiculous misanthropy. No one for one second thinks he means that joke as an attack.

I didn't actually. I said ''IF Boyle died'' not 'I hope Boyle dies and.....'.

Death comes to us all, from the Queen to so-called 'comedians', but there's no need to wish someone dead.;)
  • ns.macdns.macd Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Didn't see any of the supposed being 'booed offstage' that was reported by the press - In fact the audience seemed to love it!
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member

Its just typical Frankie Boyle doing his thing. This is where he was supposed to have been booed off the stage? Seems like he went down a storm on that clip. Bloody stupid journos talk more bollocks than comedians do.

People get offended at the slightest thing these days and not once has the world ended.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ns.macd wrote: »
    Didn't see any of the supposed being 'booed offstage' that was reported by the press - In fact the audience seemed to love it!

To be fair, you only hear the very end of the bit about the Queen, and If you listen carefully, you can hear a woman shouting at him after the crack about Kate's t*ts.

What I do know is, he sounds a very angry bloke. Not an attractive quality. And the joke about Pistorius was one a 10 year old could have thought up. I wasn't offended by any of it tbh, but I didn't laugh either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol that clip was awesome....dont see why it was cut
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Freeman000 wrote: »
    The reaction is well over the top. Those who don't like it can suck it, as far as I'm humbly concerned. The way we grant the royal family special protection reminds me of North Korea. How dare he insult our beloved Queen is no different to the hysterical reaction by some in NK if someone were to insult the dear leader. It's absolutely pathetic - royalists need to grow up, or shut up.
    How so? My boyfriend lives in South Korea and I'm off out there in April. Do tell us something we don't know.

You really should find out the difference between the two.
    Forum Member
    Freeman000 wrote: »
    The Queen and Kate Middleton are just people like the rest of us. The fact that people apply a different standard of protection to them suggests an irrational view of them. It is a view of subordination and worship. We have seen time and time again how hysterical the public can be when it comes to the Royal Family. Just look at Kate's tits saga. Why is there a different standard? Why are they worthy of greater protection? It's because to some, they are above everyone else. It's the same sort of leader worship we see in dictatorships. Not that the Royal Family are dictators, of course they aren't, but the mass hysterical worship of them is similar.
    She's just another celeb. I felt the same when Adam Hills had a rant at the press on behalf of 'us'.
    I couldn't give a flying **** if it was Kate, Katie Price, Charlotte Church....
    well... I might give the Charlotte Church pics a look over.
  • Frankie BoyleFrankie Boyle Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    My ears are burning.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    There's a vast difference between saying 'The Queen's so old, her pussy is haunted', which is funny, to wishing her - or anyone for that matter - dead.

Royals, religion, yes, fair game, but there's a big difference between genuine wit about it - Dave Allen, Stanley Baxter for example - and Boyle's rambling verbal diarrhoea.
    This is how the big boys do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u6XXOELs_s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KITrOPraU4w&list=PLDF9E3F2AF68C4E99
    Depends. How are you rating them? Because you like them more than Boyle?
    How many threads have you started on those comedians?
    How many young people if asked would know of Allen or Baxter? Yet if you ask if they've heard of Frankie Boyle many would probably have heard of him.
    He must be doing something right.
    He said it, people are going to protest. If he can't stand the heat etc, perhaps he should do as others here have thought he might do, and leave TV and write for other people.

I, for one, would be glad to see the back of him.
    Is there anything in the article that said he couldn't stand the heat? I've read that he doesn't like touring and want to write instead of doing standup. Not read that he's retiring from comedy because people are giving him stick.

By the way, If you want to see the back of him then it's up to you not to watch, read or post about him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Depends. How are you rating them? Because you like them more than Boyle?
    How many threads have you started on those comedians?
    How many young people if asked would know of Allen or Baxter? Yet if you ask if they've heard of Frankie Boyle many would probably have heard of him.
    He must be doing something right.

Many comedians today rate Allen and Baxter very highly and coming from Glasgow Boyle couldn't but be aware of Baxter and his comic legacy. Just because these comedians are not of your generation doesn't make them crap. In fact these two were the forerunners of Boyle and thinking what offence they gave re The Royals and religion 3 decades ago and more, without their input, comics like Boyle wouldn't exist.

http://vimeo.com/11178560
    Is there anything in the article that said he couldn't stand the heat? I've read that he doesn't like touring and want to write instead of doing standup. Not read that he's retiring from comedy because people are giving him stick.

By the way, If you want to see the back of him then it's up to you not to watch, read or post about him.

I've heard like others on here that he wants to retire from touring and write for others. Hey ho Frankie - go and do it then. And just because I don't like him as a comedian doesn't make me exempt from having an opinion. Boyle lovers are a sensitive lot when it comes to criticism of their idol it seems..:D
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am fed up with the kneejerk reaction at anyone who dares to criticise the royals.

First hilary mantel and now boyle. They arent sacred gods you know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am fed up with the kneejerk reaction at anyone who dares to criticise the royals.

First hilary mantel and now boyle. They arent sacred gods you know.

Difference is, Hilary Mantel's comments were taken out of context mainly by DM reader types. Her lecture was about the perception of Royalty, not a personal pop at Kate.

No danger of that with Boyle however. He's hasn't Ms Mantel's intellect.