Has Frankie Boyle gone TOO far now?

1234568»

Comments

• The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    He's gone too far for some time now. As much as I'm no fan of Katie Price, joking about her son, Harvey, is NOT funny in my book. If he's reduced to touring, then he'll lose money and it's his own fault. There is such a thing as going too far and he is either too arrogant and thinks he can get away with anything or he doesn't think he's gone too far. Either way, I don't find him at all funny and if he stays off the TV, that's fine with me.
    Most comedians make the lion's share of their money from touring, I'd be very surprised if Frankie hasn't gotten way more rich from that than anything he's ever done on TV.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching old Mock the Week episodes and he was always very funny there. But it's a comedy, you know something is working or not only after you try. And I find it actually quite admirable that he keeps doing his thing and does not let himself to be bullied into something others want him to be.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most comedians make the lion's share of their money from touring, I'd be very surprised if Frankie hasn't gotten way more rich from that than anything he's ever done on TV.

As long as he keeps to theatres and never appears on TV again, that's fine by me. And the joke about Bromley was one of the unfunniest things I've ever heard.

Someone should tell him you can't build an abstract concept out of bricks or anything else, so his understanding of semantics is shot to s**t too. :D

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/frankie-boyle-bromley-is-like-lobotomy-made-out-of-bricks-8543482.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roy Chubby Brown could never get on TV and is regarded as a cult. Perhaps Frankie is hoping to do the same, I'm sure he could live off his DVD sales. Burn one bridge and another gets built. ;)

Chubby Brown may be a cult ,But Boyle is a `C***`