18 year old mum accused of babys death

benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is it more prevalent, more reported by the media or is society becoming more aware.
18 and a mum of 3 children. Not much more than a child herself. The world should be her oyster. I wonder what went wrong:(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-24421385

Comments

• NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A woman has been charged with causing the death of a four-month-old baby, in east London.

The 18-year-old, from Tower Hamlets, is accused of causing or allowing the death of a child and the wilful neglect of three children.

The baby was taken to a London hospital on Friday, from an address in Bow, where she later died.

A post-mortem examination will take place at a later date.
    The woman has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Thames Magistrates' Court on Monday.
    Where in that story does it say that she's a Mother of three? She could quite easily be a baby-sitter or something.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    Where in that story does it say that she's a Mother of three? She could quite easily be a baby-sitter or something.

I note that report does not mention she is the mum. Much earlier today on a radio news item I am sure it said she was a mother of 4. I may be mistaken and will check.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Is it more prevalent, more reported by the media or is society becoming more aware.
    18 and a mum of 3 children. Not much more than a child herself. The world should be her oyster. I wonder what went wrong:(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-24421385

Excuse me my wife was only 18 when our first son was born he is (and we are) upstanding citizens, my son is training to be a mental health nurse we have followed a caring career as foster carers after raising two birth and one adopted son
    it isn't age but other factors that cause people to be good or bad parents.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    I note that report does not mention she is the mum. Much earlier today on a radio news item I am sure it said she was a mother of 4. I may be mistaken and will check.

I know it's possible but for a woman of 18 to be a mother of 4 it's unlikely.

Have to wait until tomorrow when she appears in court to find more details.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was 17 when I had my illegitimate son so don't appreciate a lecture thanks. The earlier report was about a mother of 4 children, now modified to a young woman. I apologised for any mistake I made so chill.