Options

Iveta

GlanbraintGlanbraint Posts: 500
Forum Member
✭✭
After ITT and Saturday/Sunday Night I have a girl crush on Iveta. She is a breath of fresh air. :love:

Comments

• Options
    parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the impression that Iveta has won a lot of friends this season. I don't watch ITT but I'm one of those friends :)
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glanbraint wrote: »
    After ITT and Saturday/Sunday Night I have a girl crush on Iveta. She is a breath of fresh air. :love:

I Don't Blame You Glanbraint :cool:
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A wonderful refreshing addition to the show. Fabulous Ballroom and Latin dancer, beautiful person inside and out.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree she made an amazing lioness but I was already a big fan.
  • Options
    Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she is great, and really hope she will be back next year. My friends who watch SCD all like her too, so I am guessing, from my limited poll, that she may well be popular with the public.
  • Options
    novicenovice Posts: 3,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The producers have worked hard bringing the new pro dancers to us - a lot of the "dancing to the visiting songster" routines are with the new pros and they are frequently towards the front of the group routines.

They've really succeeded with Ally-ash (I know I know but I can't be bothered to get my keyboard getting it right, or cutting and pasting - too much to do!), Iveta (a lot of that because Mark so clearly liked her and his Iveta impersonations were brilliant AND she took it all in the best way possible) and Kevin.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer_F wrote: »
    A wonderful refreshing addition to the show. Fabulous Ballroom and Latin dancer, beautiful person inside and out.

And her job is to be highly maintained :D
  • Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Iveta is fabulous. Sorry. FAB U LOUS!!!!

No way can she be dropped. No way.
  • Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't worry there is no way in the world the BBC would drop Iveta. She will be the first one they call. She is the perfect fit, brilliant dancer and choreographer, with a wonderful personality and humour, who gets on with everyone. She also clearly loves the show and will want to come back.
  • Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    :love::D:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Glanbraint wrote: »

I also have a girl crush on Iveta :D
  • Options
    TricoteiroTricoteiro Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Me too- especially in her lioness costume! She has a great sense of humour, and her relationship with Mark was possibly the best in SCD ever
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iveta tweeted a picture yesterday of a beautiful necklace that Mark & his wife gave her. Isn't that lovely. 😍
  • Options
    GlanbraintGlanbraint Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone for your agreement.

She is stunningly beautiful, (I noticed her cheekbones rivalled Jac Naylor/Rosie Marcel's (Holby City) ). But more importantly she seems beautiful on the inside too.

Thank goodness Aliona was injured last year (don't mean that nastily to Aliona) but obviously TPTB saw how good she was.

Long Reign Queen Iveta :love::blush:
  • Options
    ladydancer1ladydancer1 Posts: 1,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've liked Iveta from the word go. Full of energy and a great personality, not to mention a superb dancer. I do hope she comes back again next year.:)
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm gradually shifting from initially thinking very good dancer, says all the right things but quite calculating at the same time.

She was in some ways lucky to get Mark as it did show the best of her dry sense of humour and her patience. She has reset her targets and used his plus points well without getting frustrated by his limitations so she has shown herself to be a pretty complete package.
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's clearly made a big impression on here and I'm sure she will be back next year.

I'm not quite as big a fan personally, I think Anya has been the best of the new lady pros. I look forward to seeing her choreography for Patrick more and more each week.
  • Options
    humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved her comment about the judge who disqualified some of her drunken sailor steps...'Who did that? I will crush him':D

Apart from her dancing and sense of humour, I love how she is able to laugh at herself (whether its to do with her accent, her grasp of the English language or her 'tough girl' persona)...I think this is one of the reasons she bonded so well with Mark as they both have that in common.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teeswolf wrote: »
    She's clearly made a big impression on here and I'm sure she will be back next year.

I'm not quite as big a fan personally, I think Anya has been the best of the new lady pros. I look forward to seeing her choreography for Patrick more and more each week.

I agree about Anya, she's not an entertainer and has been in the shadow of the other new pros, but she gets the job done and pretty well, too.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    I'll miss Iveta next Saturday.:love:

But I'll lookout for her in the Group Dancing they do at the start.:cool:
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I like Iveta too. (Wow...a positive DS thread. Well I never! :o)

I think it's probably fair to say that she'll be back next year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    I like Iveta too. (Wow...a positive DS thread. Well I never! :o)

I think it's probably fair to say that she'll be back next year.

Shh, don't tell anyone, we'll get hidden in the attic, Iveta, she's a bit too tall, and probably a bit too scary too.... :D
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    wasn't iveta brought in as part of a shuffle round because someone was injured and couldn't start - natalie? or aliona?

i agree the show would be daft to lose her, and she kept referring to her 'first' series, but i didn't think it was a done deal at all...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was brought in last year when Aliona got injured & then stood in for Ola as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Not only is she my favourite of the new pros, she is now my favourite pro full-stop. I always think the true test of a pro is how they react when they get handed a celeb who isn't a young, thin, dance-trained contender, and Iveta responded to this challenge with graciousness and humour, getting the most out of her partner that she possibly could. Mark and Iveta are one of my favourite Strictly pairings ever (and the show is a bit dull without them).