As Doctor 4 faked his death

zaaxzaax Posts: 171
Forum Member
As Doctor 4 (Tom Baker) faked his death (swapping his old self as The Watcher for his young self ) and lived to be a ripe old age being the caretaker.

What if he had a family? What happened if he had children?
Could Ozgood be one of his Grand-daughters?

Comments

• adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know, I rather like this idea.
    Somehow the Watcher became the fifth Doctor and carried on, leaving the fourth Doctor as a human, to age and live a 'normal' life. Kind of like what happened with the tenth Doctor and the human substitute that remained with Rose.
    It doesn't quite fit with what we saw on screen in Castrovalva (Tom Baker didn't remain behind when Peter Davison was staggering around in that coat and scarf), but I'm not sure that matters too much.
    Nice idea.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adams66 wrote: »
    You know, I rather like this idea.
    Somehow the Watcher became the fifth Doctor and carried on, leaving the fourth Doctor as a human, to age and live a 'normal' life. Kind of like what happened with the tenth Doctor and the human substitute that remained with Rose.
    It doesn't quite fit with what we saw on screen in Castrovalva (Tom Baker didn't remain behind when Peter Davison was staggering around in that coat and scarf), but I'm not sure that matters too much.
    Nice idea.

Oh, it only takes a moment to create a directors cut with the extra line "emergency temporal shift" dubbed on. Where do you think the Daleks got it from, that's timelord technology ;-)
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking about this a bit further, and this is all a bit sketchy at the moment, maybe whenever a Time Lord regenerates he somehow splits in two, with his new body carrying on as a Time Lord, and leaving behind a splinter version, one that will simply live out the remainder of that body's natural life.

This could be a way of getting the previous Doctors back into the show, if they ever need to, and would easily explain why they have aged. They are simply 'their' Doctor, but in semi-human form with only their remaining natural lifespan.

The actual Doctor has continued, regenerated, and travelled on.
    But we could still have a 'human' Doctor that looks like Tom Baker who has lived a full life and works as a Curator in a museum (but who still retains his memories of when he was The Doctor). And there could be another 'human' Doctor who now looks like a 60 year old Peter Davison - perhaps he worked as a vet in Yorkshire or something. And so on.

What do you think?
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Surely the simplest answer is that The Caretaker is a future Doctor who looks like the 4th Doctor as that was one of his favourite incarnations and as has now been stated, when the Doctor regenerates he can choose his form.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Surely the simplest answer is that The Caretaker is a future Doctor who looks like the 4th Doctor as that was one of his favourite incarnations and as has now been stated, when the Doctor regenerates he can choose his form.

So you say that the Doctor can choose his form now when before he couldnt? I presume that you are saying that with the gift of a new set of regens he got in Time of... he got this new ability too?
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    So you say that the Doctor can choose his form now when before he couldnt? I presume that you are saying that with the gift of a new set of regens he got in Time of... he got this new ability too?

No... he just keeps dropping by Karn.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adams66 wrote: »
    Thinking about this a bit further, and this is all a bit sketchy at the moment, maybe whenever a Time Lord regenerates he somehow splits in two, with his new body carrying on as a Time Lord, and leaving behind a splinter version, one that will simply live out the remainder of that body's natural life.

This could be a way of getting the previous Doctors back into the show, if they ever need to, and would easily explain why they have aged. They are simply 'their' Doctor, but in semi-human form with only their remaining natural lifespan.

The actual Doctor has continued, regenerated, and travelled on.
    But we could still have a 'human' Doctor that looks like Tom Baker who has lived a full life and works as a Curator in a museum (but who still retains his memories of when he was The Doctor). And there could be another 'human' Doctor who now looks like a 60 year old Peter Davison - perhaps he worked as a vet in Yorkshire or something. And so on.

What do you think?

Horcruxes! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No... he just keeps dropping by Karn.

lol I somehow doubt that after what Tom Baker's Doctor says in Brian of Morbius about not relying on the elixir.
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol I somehow doubt that after what Tom Baker's Doctor says in Brian of Morbius about not relying on the elixir.

That's a new one I haven't heard before. :o Brian of Morbius! :cool:

No. Not to be nit-picky, but it's Brain of Morbius. :)
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to see Brian of Morbius now! Bet Eleven would describe him as "a very naughty boy", a la The Corsair. ;-)
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    All Time Lords can. Both Romana (deliberately choosing to look like Princess Astra) and the Master (Jacobi deliberately choosing a young body, John Simm) both did. The Doctor usually doesn't because of his traumatic deaths. Only 8 was able to choose his new body (a warrior).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    That's a new one I haven't heard before. :o Brian of Morbius! :cool:

No. Not to be nit-picky, but it's Brain of Morbius. :)

sorry easy mistake to make whist typing!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    All Time Lords can. Both Romana (deliberately choosing to look like Princess Astra) and the Master (Jacobi deliberately choosing a young body, John Simm) both did. The Doctor usually doesn't because of his traumatic deaths. Only 8 was able to choose his new body (a warrior).

Well yes I know thats the case with the others, I thought that maybe the Doctor couldnt.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »

And of course Two was offered a number of choices but was well picky so the Time Lords themselves decided to go distinguished grey. And that look appears to be in fashion again. :)
  • ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was a kid and I started watching all the time with Logopolis I'd only seen a the Five Faces Of Doctor Who repeat season so I wasn't familiar with the "projection" idea that started with K'anpo/Cho-je until years later when I got the "Planet Of The Spiders" Target book (and also my first Target book was "The Keeper Of Traken")...

...so i always thought where the Watcher had come from went like this...

Timeline 1 -
    The Doctor falls, hits the ground, and has a botched regeneration which leaves him looking like a snowman in bad focus, then travels back in time as the Watcher creating...

Timeline 2 -
    This time round the Watcher is there to "fill in the gaps" so to speak enabling the 4th Doctor to regenerate properly.

That just always made sense that way to me, and i still think it would have been a neat way to explain it ...... though it wouldn't have helped any with the "Morbius Doctors" debate :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I really want Brian Of Morbius to be made.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member

I refer to what the Matts Doctor said to Clara about the 10th Doctor regenerating but choosing to keep the same appearence, hence the reason that he was in fact the 12th Docotor
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    I refer to what the Matts Doctor said to Clara about the 10th Doctor regenerating but choosing to keep the same appearence, hence the reason that he was in fact the 12th Docotor

Ah yes but 10 did have the hand to redirect the changing part of the regen energy, but I guess he still chose to do this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    While we're at it, what if Tom Baker's 1992 Shada links are a younger version of the curator? I mean, he is wandering around a museum in a suit...

http://garth.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341d6d8d53ef01a73dcfc39f970d-pi
    "Hello? Hello? Hello. Anybody there? Way, it's a museum. I've always felt at home in museums. Giant Robot. Beat you, cock. Cybermen, beat you. Daleks, beat you. Davros. Davros. Phew, I beat him as well. I was irresistible in those days. Irresistible."