Options

2011 TV WEEK Logie Awards: Vote Now!

ToadieTheLawmanToadieTheLawman Posts: 3,366
Forum Member
✭✭✭
UK viewers can also vote by giving an Australian postcode of either '2060', '2030' or '2080'. that's should do the trick. :)
MOST POPULAR ACTRESS
Margot Robbie (Donna Brown)

MOST POPULAR ACTOR
Stefan Dennis (Paul Robinson)

TV PERSONALITY for GOLD LOGIE! – Stefan Dennis!!! to celebrate 25 years of Neighbours!

MOST POPULAR SERIAL DRAMA
Neighbours

MOST POPULAR NEW MALE TALENT
Andrew Robinson

MOST POPULAR NEW FEMALE TALENT
Summer

MOST POPULAR PRESENTER
Natalie Bassingthwaighte (Izzy Hoyland)

Get as many viewers to vote, especially on facebook and twitter

Click here to Vote: http://tvweek.ninemsn.com.au/Blog.aspx?blogentryid=748160&showcomments=true

Comments

• Options
    Jadelyn09Jadelyn09 Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the long list, so you're voting to see your favourite make the actual nominations.

The missing nominees -

Most Popular Actress
    Ashleigh Brewer (Kate)
    Carla Bonner (Steph)
    Jane Hall (Rebecca)
    Jackie Woodburne (Susan)
    Kym Valentine (Libby)

Most Popular Actor
    Alan Fletcher (Karl)
    James Sorensen (Declan)
    Ryan Moloney (Toadfish)
    Sam Clark (Ringo)
    Scott Major (Lucas)
    Tom Oliver (Lou)

You can choose one from the Actress, Actor and Presenter nominees for Most Popular Personality on TV.

Most Popular Female Talent
    Valentina Novakovic

Btw, Neighbours has made the front cover of TV Week again. Go to the TV Week site to check it out.
  • Options
    BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    Neighbours hasnt won a Logie in years. H&A and PAcked to the Rafters all dominate.

Ray Meagher for Gold!
  • Options
    pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link, as much as I love H&A and Neighbours my votes went on City Homicide/Underbelly. 2 of my fave shows.
  • Options
    ToadieTheLawmanToadieTheLawman Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stefan Dennis for the GOLD!
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    I did this earlier.

Most Popular Actress - Jane Hall (Rebecca)
    Most Popular Actor - Alan Fletcher (Karl)
    Most Popular Serial Drama - Neighbours
    Most Popular New Male Talent - Charles Cottier (Dexter H&A)
    Most Popular New Female Talent - Valentina Novakovic (Natasha)
    And Stefan Dennis for Gold Logie.

I was going to pick Jordan Smith (Andrew) as he has really improved, but I think Charles Cottier is a great actor and is very funny. Made me laugh so many times since he joined H&A and is one of a few that keep me watching the show.

Why don't they have 'Talented' instead of 'Popular', I know most of these things are based on who the fans like most, whether or not they have been good or bad that year doesn't play into it. Is that why they just have 'Popular', because they know that there is no point in kidding themselves?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They have other awards called Most Outstanding and these are voted by industry insiders and are seen as the "talented" ones. The public vote Most Popular and you can see why they are called popular and not talented given some of the names on the shortlist!!
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    That's a good idea if the judges are good at what they do. Better than people voting someone for best actor because they are hot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They tend to overlook the soaps and concentrate on dramas though. ANnd just becuase an actor is in a soap doesnt mean they are not talented. I always thought Kate Ritchie should have won an Outstanding as well as her Populars. There was no denying she was an outstanding actress on H&A.