Ugly Betty Season 4 E4 11th August 2010

12346»

Comments

• Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beagle2 wrote: »
    I'm glad they tied up the Justin storyline too, although I doubt his first boyfriend will be the one he stays with - young love rarely lasts! :p Don't get me wrong, they looked like a good couple (more so that Marc and Troy), but it's possibly the wrong impression to give that everything works out perfectly when you come out, especially at that age. But that was far from the main message of the show, so I'll look over it!

I was glad they kept them together. I was expecting it to all go belly up at a moments notice as was the norm with Ugly Betty.

It did seem that they decided to give Justin a boyfriend very late in the day, its a shame they couldn't have teased the "will they won't they" and the inevitable angst a bit more.

Still it was nice that they got to live happily ever after.

And I think its up to the viewer to decided what happens next between Betty and Daniel. It was such an open ended closing scene that they could have either been friends or more.

I kind of think that's for the best.

Beagle2 wrote: »
    Although I don't agree with it being cancelled, I think they had a great season to finish it off, and it was a lot better that they knew it was finishing and could write it as such. There's nothing worse than shows being cancelled when they're on the summer break and feeling completely unfinished. I think it shows a bit of respect for the show on ABC's part.

I don't think it was an easy decision to can the show, even if it was starting to decline in ratings, it was still one of their big shows.
    Like you say, it was good on ABC's part to let them have one last hurrah - especially filming those little bits in London. Doubt many other cancelled shows would be given permission to go that far.
  • Options
    nellieknelliek Posts: 10,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emmgemuk wrote: »
    I will really miss this, even if I was tutting at the telly when they "bumped into each other" at trafalger square!

I was walking along Oxford Street when I bumped into a guy I used to work with in another part of the country. I was then living in London, and he'd recently come back from South Africa.
    As has already been pointed out, if Daniel went to Betty's office and someone there knew where she might be in her lunch hour then the possibility of Daniel meeting Betty is much more likely (even though Trafalgar Square is fairly big and can get quite crowded in the tourist season :D).
  • Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her father, The Senator had a prisoner who knew some information which would enable him to convict another serious criminal who had managed to escape arrest so far.

And because Willie's boyfriend had managed to sweet talk the prison guards into letting him visit her in hospital she & her Dad figured that if the prisoner who knew the dirt were to become his cellmate, then the boyfriend would be able to sweet talk the information out of him.
    And when he'd got the info his sentence would be dramatically reduced so he and Willie could be together.
    Oh ok. A slightly confusing way to end her story but I like it! :D

One of the positive things (I think) to come from the show's audience decline was that they really tackled head-on Justin's sexuality. I don't think we would have seen two teenage boys kissing and dancing together if the show had still been getting the 10 million+ it was getting in its first season as sadly it would have been way too controversial and advertisers probably would have pulled out. At least the producers had a bit more creative freedom in this regard towards the end and it only made the show more memorable.
  • Options
    Mrs_Stig24Mrs_Stig24 Posts: 4,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the subject of Justin, wasn't his coming out the most beautiful scene ever? I loved how he was watching all the other happy couples on the dancefloor and then just got up and danced with Austin. :)

Actually the whole of the wedding was amazing; the background music, the reveal about Amanda's father, Hilda's speech(Aww Daniel!), Marc's brilliant quote "Oh hello Aunt Spanish you look bonita."

One of my favourite lines from last night was this from Wilhelimina;

"You've got big balls Betty Suarez" :D
    Really going to miss this show!
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs_Stig24 wrote: »
    On the subject of Justin, wasn't his coming out the most beautiful scene ever? I loved how he was watching all the other happy couples on the dancefloor and then just got up and danced with Austin. :)
    It was. Nothing OTT about it, nicely handled IMO.

And that look that Hilda gave when she saw them.. aww!
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really loved the finale of Ugly Betty. I'm sorry to see it go. It was so OTT but I loved it.

I was in tears when I saw Daniel crying... I was like noooo go and get her! :D

A lovely ending, and my favourite parts were Justin & Austin dancing at Hilda's wedding, and Amanda finally finding her dad.

Some gorgeous moments. Really going to miss Betty.
  • Options
    jde-tvjde-tv Posts: 4,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last nights episodes were amazing!!! i loved them both!

I loved that everyones storylines were sorted out, and that we can make our own minds up about Daniel and Betty, because i cant make my mind up whether i think they would get together or not :s

And i also loved the Dynasty fight in the pond :p
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    I have enjoyed all four seasons of UB. sometimes the seasons felt a bit too long but in the main I loved them.

I loved Daniel falling for Betty and wished she had seen more of that.

The Justin dance scene was amazing.

Loved the Ugly being dropped from the final title!

A great show and a great cast. I'll miss them!
  • Options
    jolly turnipjolly turnip Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Better late than never - just watched the last two episodes.

I was in bits by the end.

Season 4 was back on form for me after a ropey second half of Season 2 and all of Season 3 (the death of the show really).

All the storylines were nicely ended - with enough "vagueness" to allow us to continue the stories in our own heads.

Goodbye (Ugly) Betty