Options

Would you vote for Jim Davidson to win even if it meant the end of the show forever?

Comments

• Options
    JennyukJennyuk Posts: 20,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt vote in this poll, but i have voted for Jim a few times :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beat me these freds.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some one needs to look at the bridge and try to jump over it. Get over it. The show isn't going to be cancelled. What a pathetic thing to say.
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jennyuk wrote: »
    I didnt vote in this poll, but i have voted for Jim a few times :D

We are both throwing the OP's scientific theories out of the window Jenny. That's quite naughty of us ;-)

:)
  • Options
    innitrichieinnitrichie Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Some one needs to look at the bridge and try to jump over it. Get over it. The show isn't going to be cancelled. What a pathetic thing to say.

Once the mainstream media jump all over Jim's sordid past and what his winning represents, it could have terrible repercussions for the show. That's all I'm saying. Will Endermol want to end it? No, of course not. But political pressure from the fallout of Jim winning could pressure Channel 5 into pulling the plug. That's how I'm looking at this and I think more people need to consider this possibility too.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    For me the gobsmacking thing about this thread is describing BB as a family show. :o
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This gets more ludicrous by the minute LOL!

What utter drivel.

I'm outta here, I'm not feeding it any longer.

• Options
    hunkydoryhunkydory Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aurichie wrote: »
    No, I'm just interested in testing how strong Jim's support really is. I suspect it wouldn't take much more than a bad edit to send him home at anytime.

you wish lol;-)
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once the mainstream media jump all over Jim's sordid past and what his winning represents, it could have terrible repercussions for the show. That's all I'm saying. Will Endermol want to end it? No, of course not. But political pressure from the fallout of Jim winning could pressure Channel 5 into pulling the plug. That's how I'm looking at this and I think more people need to consider this possibility too.
    What are you talking about? Just what on earth are you bleating on about? Political pressure..

I feel like I am being trolled here?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    What are you talking about? Just what on earth are you bleating on about? Political pressure..

I feel like I am being trolled here?

Politicians love to interfere on silly crap all the time when they see a good opportunity to gain some cheap PR. If their strategists think it helps their election probabilities they'll get involved.

Maybe I am being totally crazy here, but I genuinely fear for the future of Big Brother if Jim wins this.

I don't believe Big Brother should end if Jim wins it. I'm just saying it could end, or at least be forced to change heavily to cut out all the entertaining bits.
  • Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me the gobsmacking thing about this thread is describing BB as a family show. :o

Yes I thought it was a bit effin stupid as well.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

if he was to win it would be because the public chose him as the winner no political fall out they would'nt give a monkey more important things going on than a game show :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As has been discussed throughout msm and social media, the sight of Jim Davidson winning a marquee family show like Big Brother could have irreversible consequences for its future. That being said, would you still vote for Jim if you knew this could mean the end of Big Brother forever.... forever.... ever forever.... ever?

Like it would oh sorry Linda yes Jim did it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting pretty much a 50/50 split so far.... so Jim's support not on solid ground at all.

what a wind up lol
  • Options
    quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member

You mean trying desperately and pathetically to stop him winning you mean.Two words Michael Barrymore.All that controversy and not only did he come second but the show lasted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You mean trying desperately and pathetically to stop him winning you mean.Two words Michael Barrymore.All that controversy and not only did he come second but the show lasted.

Three words: HE CAME SECOND.

Who knows what would have happened if Barrymore had won.
  • Options
    quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    Three words: HE CAME SECOND.

Considering he came out to cheers and that's even after he took part in the bullying of Jodie Marsh it wouldn't have made any difference if he came first or second.Nice try though.:D
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member

I think the show might have ended, oh and the world. Yeah definitely the world would have ended too. If Jim wins, the universe implodes.

Logic innit.

Well I'm convinced. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    We are both throwing the OP's scientific theories out of the window Jenny. That's quite naughty of us ;-)

We will be in the Guardhouse for this. ;-) :D
  • Options
    TylersnanTylersnan Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Politicians love to interfere on silly crap all the time when they see a good opportunity to gain some cheap PR. If their strategists think it helps their election probabilities they'll get involved.

Maybe I am being totally crazy here, but I genuinely fear for the future of Big Brother if Jim wins this.

I don't believe Big Brother should end if Jim wins it. I'm just saying it could end, or at least be forced to change heavily to cut out all the entertaining bits.

You need to go to bed now!;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB His sorid past, i get the feeling you are trying to insinuate something else here. :confused:

Jim Davidson O.B.E.

He received an OBE for his services to charity and has three coveted Showbusiness Personality of The Year' Awards - from the Variety Club of Great Britain; The Grand Order of Water Rats and Comic Heritage.

Highlights of an outstanding career have included five visits to the Falkland Islands, and countless engagements throughout the world entertaining British service personnel. In 1999 he travelled to Macedonia to entertain the Forces and in the same year he founded and became leader of The British Forces Foundation charity which aims to promote the well-being and esprit de corps of service personnel. He continues entertaining the troops in the many hot spots around the world as the demand from the troops continues and, at the moment, this is at an unprecedented level.

http://www.jimdavidson.org.uk/page-about.php
  • Options
    td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP sounds like a Daily Mail reader, then!

And BB is NOT a family show, duh!
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no 'definately yes' option, so I can't vote
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stupid poll^_^^_^
  • Options
    savvychelssavvychels Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    As has been discussed throughout msm and social media, the sight of Jim Davidson winning a marquee family show like Big Brother could have irreversible consequences for its future. That being said, would you still vote for Jim if you knew this could mean the end of Big Brother forever.... forever.... ever forever.... ever?

On what planet and by who's standards is BB even remotely a family show? By that statement alone the premise of the poll is ridiculous

As for his past, the producers et al obviously know of the charges and subsequent DROPPING of them as he was supposed to be on last year. If they seriously believed there would be issues they wouldn't have him on it.

And no I'm not a Jim fan. You couldn't pay me to vote for him, but the whole question and basis is ludicrous