The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Matthew thinks he's made a good point he won't ever let it go.

Matthew and Yasmin are a bad combo. He constantly interupts and she won't stop talking when he does, she just gets louder.
    Horrible atmosphere.
  • Angelique_DormaAngelique_Dorma Posts: 3,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that woman going to dominate every conversation? Poor Lee. Bet he doesn't get asked back.

Matthew Wright you are a toadying coward!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee Hurst's face! He looks raging made, and I don't blame him. I do wish he'd just get up and walk off. I agreed with all he said too! Pity he wasn't allowed to give his perfectly valid opinion without interruption.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MW - "What now Yasmin, you're giving us a difficult Monday?".

YAB - "Don't worry, I'll be docile Asian woman in a minute".

Race card played less than an hour into the first day.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »

I wish I could watch this but I cannot watch her not for anything.

It sounds like she will walk off soon and claim the race card.
  • AngelDollAngelDoll Posts: 137
    Forum Member

I'm enjoying this!!!
    I think you were right earlier. It's going to kick off big style!!
    Have a lot more respect for Lee Hurst now. He really sticks to his views. :D
  • lavender50lavender50 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anya D wrote: »
    I don't know why Matthew has guests on his show.
    We certainly hear more from him than his guests. His interupting of Lee Hurst this morning has been in overdrive.
    Let the man actually finish his point. Matthew just keeps chipping in and talking over him.
    Add Yasmin to the mix and it's uncomfortable viewing.

well said, Matthew totally out of order here>:(
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anya D wrote: »
    I don't know why Matthew has guests on his show.
    We certainly hear more from him than his guests. His interupting of Lee Hurst this morning has been in overdrive.
    Let the man actually finish his point. Matthew just keeps chipping in and talking over him.
    Add Yasmin to the mix and it's uncomfortable viewing.

With the wrong guests this could end in disaster
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're even carrying it over into the Paper Review!

Is it too early for me to say "Told you so"? :D

No Straker, you were spot on :)

I also dislike when a poster doesn't like someones opinion that they resort to name calling, totally wrong to accuse you of drinking, makes them look pathetic >:(
  • JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AngelDoll wrote: »
    I'm enjoying this!!!
    I think you were right earlier. It's going to kick off big style!!
    Have a lot more respect for Lee Hurst now. He really sticks to his views. :D

Lee invariably talks common sense. "Keepin' it real" as da kidz call it.

Pushing back on the usual PC drivel when need be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    No Straker, you were spot on :)

I also dislike when a poster doesn't like someones opinion that they resort to name calling, totally wrong to accuse you of drinking, makes them look pathetic >:(

Thanks Trisha, appreciate that.

Certain posters are conspicuous by their absence I notice.......
  • thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNuA_0-vuow

There's a lot more but you have google so go find them yourself.

I'll thank you not to make presumptious personal comments about me. Address the post, not the poster.

Goodness me, we are a little sensitive, but if it irks you that much, I'll be on my best behavior...honest guv :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomscn wrote: »
    Goodness me, we are a little sensitive, but if it irks you that much, I'll be on my best behavior...honest guv :cry:

You crossed a line. You're lucky I didn't report you.
  • thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You crossed a line. You're lucky I didn't report you.

I am truly shaking, grow a pair.:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She makes a living from being a professional troll whilst playing the victim when anyone dares to criticise her thereby proving her hypocrisy. She's nothing more than a wrinklier version of Katie Hopkins. I feel sorry for you that you can't see that.

I note that you got a personal dig in at the end there - Yasmin would be proud of you. Well done you!

Great post btw Straker. I fully agree.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »
    It's all very well for Matthew and Yasmin to raise Rochdale as an example of how non-Muslim teenagers can be groomed, but do they not see the irony? What's the common thread in these stories?

Lol, you couldn't make it up could you.

Haven't watched it yet but today's sounds like a good 'un :D
  • Ashford SteveAshford Steve Posts: 2,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jefferson wrote: »
    It's understandable you don't like the addled odious old biddie.

Lee Hurst comes over well though.

I despise the racist, 'angry skinhead stereotype' act of Lee Hurst >:(. He repeatedly denied the existence of Muslims campaigns, denouncing terrorism, when they have been publicised on Twitter and in Mosques all over Britain. Just because they haven't been reported in the rightwing tabloids, he thinks he can pander to the worst instincts of the knuckledraggers.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calien01 wrote: »
    If I were Lee I would be so tempted to just get up and leave, he is making some very good points (or trying to) and Yasmin and Matthew are trying to shut him up.

I do hope he continues to wind Yasmin up, although she's actually doing it by herself, she takes herself far too seriously.

Lee did threaten to take a 'toilet break', didn't he? Maybe he should have done? His anger was pretty apparent.

The thing is, he is there to give his opinion, whether MW and other panelists agree with him or not. And as such he should not have been shouted down by either Matt or Yasmin. The fact that he (Lee) was given time after the break to voice his opinion (something I can't ever remember happening before) perhaps proves MW & Yas were told by Screechy, they had overstepped the mark?
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the mornings "heated debate". That's what I'd like to see more of. I'm not a Yasmin fan but she certainly puts across an impassioned argument, as did Lee. Once they moved onto other topics they were fine with each other, Yasmin was laughing away at Lees stories. I just wish Matthew would shut up more! :D
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    I enjoyed the mornings "heated debate". That's what I'd like to see more of. I'm not a Yasmin fan but she certainly puts across an impassioned argument, as did Lee. Once they moved onto other topics they were fine with each other, Yasmin was laughing away at Lees stories. I just wish Matthew would shut up more! :D

They had probably been warned by the producer during the commerical break to tone it down.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    They had probably been warned by the producer during the commerical break to tone it down.

I wouldn't mind them being told not to shout over each other but to try and tone down debate on a discussion show seems counterproductive to me. That or we end up with the likes of Joe Mceldrey every week (shudder).
  • Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely with you on wanting Matthew to shut up more.

He is far too impressed with himself at times, quite a smug man.
    Guests can barely get a sentence out without him interupting and trying to challenge or undermine a point they haven't even been allowed to fully make.
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind them being told not to shout over each other but to try and tone down debate on a discussion show seems counterproductive to me. That or we end up with the likes of Joe Mceldrey every week (shudder).

Don't you mean errm Joe errm Mceldrey errm :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I despise the racist, 'angry skinhead stereotype' act of Lee Hurst >:(. He repeatedly denied the existence of Muslims campaigns, denouncing terrorism, when they have been publicised on Twitter and in Mosques all over Britain. Just because they haven't been reported in the rightwing tabloids, he thinks he can pander to the worst instincts of the knuckledraggers.

He's probably not aware as, although he goes on about his London, he probably spends a lot of time in his other house in Kent.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't feel either side acted out of order in today's ISIS debate, although Matthew could have stopped himself from flouncing with that "if you don't want to listen to my point" comment.

Lee was the only one who directly addressed the comparison between the girls who've left for Syria and the Rochdale girls.
This discussion has been closed.