Options

mole removal

MrstimmyMrstimmy Posts: 1,960
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone had any moles removed from their face? I've been desperate to get one removed from right under my eye for about two years, and a burst blood vessel right by it. I've been self conscious about them for years and cos I'm so pale they're even more noticeable. Plus another sticky out ones appeared in the last few days :-(

Has anyone had any done? Is it really painful and are you pleased with the result? Any advice or comments would be really appreciated

Comments

• Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    I've had several removed, but not from my face.

Mine were done at my GP surgery. The only painful bit was the local anaesthetic, and it was more uncomfortable than real pain.
  • Options
    DavidCHDavidCH Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrstimmy wrote: »
    Has anyone had any moles removed from their face? I've been desperate to get one removed from right under my eye for about two years, and a burst blood vessel right by it. I've been self conscious about them for years and cos I'm so pale they're even more noticeable. Plus another sticky out ones appeared in the last few days :-(

Has anyone had any done? Is it really painful and are you pleased with the result? Any advice or comments would be really appreciated

Go to your GP and say it's started to itch.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    My dad had one removed. I don't think the actual procedure hurts, but depending on how deep the cut is, it can be quite itchy after.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,687
    Forum Member
    I've had one removed from my back. Wasn't sore but it left a scar. You might be self conscious about that if you already are about your mole.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Plus another sticky out ones appeared in the last few days :-(

Ask your GP to check that out. Skin cancer experts always warn you to look out for new moles.

I have had a few removed, although not from my face. Remember that you'll be left with scarring, as with any operation, which will fade over time but never completely disappear. I had mine done by a plastic surgeon, which put me back a few hundred pounds, but the scarring is supposedly "neater" than if done by a GP or dermatologist. As another poster said, the most uncomfortable part is having the anaesthetic injected!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My ex husband had one removed from his face. He didn't complain about any pain, it was just tied off. One day it literally just fell off, he saw it in the sink when he was washing his face, lol. No pain at all.

My grandmother had a cancerous one cut out of her face and from what I recall, that was fairly painless too, not even any scarring.

Not worth worrying about OP, just make that appointment. :)
  • Options
    morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had one removed from my face three months ago. It was a freckle that had changed shape. It was on my cheek, by my ear.

Had it removed in outpatients. They started by injecting anaesthetic then cut quite deep to get it out (I have heard that on some they have to get to the "root" of the offending mole) I had two layers of stitches, some dissolvable, some not, It was covered by a massive plaster which I had to leave on for 5 days then I was free to take it off and keep it clean till it healed.

I cannot lie, it wasnt exactly pleasant, BUT I am glad I had it done as it was worrying me a lot. I have quite a scar there now, a bit lumpy, a little pink, but nothing that cant be covered up with camoflague.

Yours do sound like they are more raised (which are easier to remove than what I had) I would say to absolutely go for it. It sounds like you are really bothered by them so why not. I can assure you you will be totally fine :)
  • Options
    StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ALWAYS get them checked out especially if new ones appear.
    My mother had some removed by getting them frozen off, no injections or cutting involved. She got them done when she lived in Greece, cost 10 euros each to get removed.
  • Options
    MadamfluffMadamfluff Posts: 3,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please get it checked out it may be nothing - my husband is covered with moles he has no problem -

however I went to the Drs last week as the mole on my hip was getting bigger and itchy - turns out it may not be a mole but something more sinister - so I have to go to hospital on 21st January

Your Doctor wont see the matter as trivial
  • Options
    kalikikikankalikikikan Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    I have had 2 removed from my face. They were both done in hospital and were removed due to them bleeding. They were both benign but I do have scars. They do not worry me, but they may do somone else.

Go see your GP for advice, but be aware being near the eye there may be reasons why they do not advise removal if they feel it is for purely cosmetic reasons.
  • Options
    the spiz 2the spiz 2 Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To quote the great Jasper Carrott

There's only one way to get rid of a mole - blow its bloody head off!
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not had a mole removed, but I did have a skin tag removed.

As others have said, the local stings a bit, but I didn't feel a thing, when the tag was removed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool, cheers for the replies.
  • Options
    sarumsarum Posts: 2,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a mole removed from my neck a few years ago, on the advice of a plastic surgeon colleague.

It was removed under local anaesthetic; it didn't hurt at the time, and it was mildly sore for a few days afterward. It was sent for biopsy (and was found to be benign).
    The stitches were removed by my GP a week or so later; that stung a bit. There is a scar, but it's only noticeable to others if I point it out.

It's always worthwhile getting these things checked, and removed if necessary, particularly if they're on your head/face or neck.
  • Options
    KimmlerKimmler Posts: 1,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool, cheers for the replies.

Hope it goes well for you and is pain free
  • Options
    KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend of mine had one removed from under her eye and decided to go to a plastic surgeon. They'll discuss it all with you beforehand, especially since you don't want an obvious scar where it can be seen.

She didn't complain of any pain, and it was all rather straightforward. She looks great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally saved up and going to get this sorted!!! £375 is the cheapest I can find to get two removed. That was the cheapest I can find. The doctors have a long list now of things they are NOT allowed to do! Mole removal is one of them, my mum knows because her doctors removed loads for her! And bunion operation was top of the list...in case anyone was interested!