A Strange Bug

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 281
Forum Member
I have been recording a series on E4. One episode turned out to be unwatchable, presumably because the signal strength was way down for some reason. I didn't think anything of it until the same thing happened with the following week's episode. Investigating, I found that E4 was among a number of channels that had acquired a duplicate in the 800+ channel number range. Presumably this had happened several weeks before, when I had last rescanned, and it must have picked it up from another transmitter as well as the usual one. Somehow, the series link must at some point have transferred itself from the "regular" E4 on channel number 24 (that number from memory, so could be wrong) to the other, far weaker, E4.

This was on my Thomson G1 box.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You do get this every so often, the best chance will be to rescan for channels and with a bit of luck it should clear itself. You should have about 129 channels or there abouts when you scan for channels which includes the pick up for TUTV services when you get the 800 channels that can add a dozen or so extra.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    I did rescan, but the duplicate channels were still there. They definitely didn't use to be there, so maybe some transmitter not too far away has increased its transmitter power in recent months? The duplicates won't be a problem so long as there isn't another instance of a series link migrating to one of them. My "proper" transmitter is Midhurst.