Options

The KA DWTS Thread

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Have finally watched all the dances, my first DWTS. My comments wont be as technical as some but as Artem says "here we go":

It took me a while to get used to the format, my they're loud aren't they?! As it went on it grew on me. I liked CAI in particular and that was a great surprise;) Also had only heard of 2 people out of the lot!

Chelsea Kane & Mark Ballas - Foxtrot
    OK

Wendy Williams & Tony Dovolani - Cha Cha Cha
    What's with all the crying? Did she really think they wouldn't show it?

Hines Ward & Kym Johnson - Cha Cha Cha
    I liked him, not sure if he'll stay in long though

Petra Nemcova & Dmitry Chaplin - Foxtrot
    I know people spotted it too but I spent the whole time thinking "was that the bloke from SYTYCD?" Wondered if she's a little too tall for him.

Romeo & Chelsie Hightower - Cha Cha Cha
    Meeh *shugs shoulders*

Sugar Ray Leonard & Anna Trebunskaya - Foxtrot
    1 of the 2 I'd heard of. A bit stiff.

Kendra Wilkinson & Louis Van Amstel - Cha Cha Cha
    Nuff said

Ralph Macchio & Karina Smirnoff - Foxtrot
    I thought he was sweet, enjoyed his dancing.

Chris Jericho & Cheryl Burke - Cha Cha Cha
    Gave up after he tore (or attempted to) his sleeves off.

Mike Catherwood & Lacey Schwimmer - Foxtrot
    I too was a bit annoyed with his comment about the Cold War and was quietly pleased when he wasn't very good. Her dress made her look like an oven ready turkey IMO.

Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Cha Cha Cha
    She's had a bit of work, hasn't she? Great dancing though and a liked Maks in a bad boy kinda way!

Thanks again Meg for setting this up!
  • Options
    fleurdargentfleurdargent Posts: 1,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First time posting on this thread.
    This may not be new to you all:

http://broadwayworld.com/article/Photo_Flash_DANCING_WITH_THE_STARS_Premiere_20110323
  • Options
    AerickAerick Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emsyp wrote: »
    Mike Catherwood & Lacey Schwimmer - Foxtrot
    I too was a bit annoyed with his comment about the Cold War and was quietly pleased when he wasn't very good.

I am pretty sure this was a joke.
  • Options
    Wrenny-24Wrenny-24 Posts: 9,373
    Forum Member
    Aerick wrote: »
    I am pretty sure this was a joke.

Hi Aerick

Hope you didn't have any problems with the tsunami over there!

Yes, possibly he did mean it as a joke, but IF he did (and it was hard to tell), then it was still in pretty poor taste imo!:)
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susan49 wrote: »
    :D Hi FS! Nice to hear that we have two things in common, we like Kartem And Maks. Think you are absolutely right, Maks need a strong personality as a dancepartner and Kirstie have a great and fun personality. :)

You are are lady of great discernment and good taste :D (as are all our fellow Kartemites, whether they be Maks fans or not :))
  • Options
    jettajetta Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    You are are lady of great discernment and good taste :D (as are all our fellow Kartemites, whether they be Maks fans or not :))

What is a Kartemite???
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    jetta wrote: »
    What is a Kartemite???

A fan of Kara and Artem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    A fan of Kara and Artem.

I did wonder if that might be the case. Just didn't see anything in the thread explaining it. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    Nice to see so many posts about DWTS. I have been watching it for several years now - mostly via the internet. Every Tuesday and Wednesday morning I post links to the YT clips for those who are interested (both on DS and the Blue Room!).

Looking forward to reading more of your comments next Tuesday!:D
  • Options
    Wrenny-24Wrenny-24 Posts: 9,373
    Forum Member
    Force Ten wrote: »
    Nice to see so many posts about DWTS. I have been watching it for several years now - mostly via the internet. Every Tuesday and Wednesday morning I post links to the YT clips for those who are interested (both on DS and the Blue Room!).

Thanks Force Ten, you're a star! :)
  • Options
    AerickAerick Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrenny-24 wrote: »
    Hi Aerick

Hope you didn't have any problems with the tsunami over there!

Yes, possibly he did mean it as a joke, but IF he did (and it was hard to tell), then it was still in pretty poor taste imo!:)

Thank you so much for asking. Doing fine, no damage on my side, but the windward side of the island had damage. Thanks for asking.

true it would be in poor taste if he meant it. Let's see if he says anything else in the coming week(s). If he makes it. I've no idea who he is to be honest.!
  • Options
    tracynoetracynoe Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the links :) I started watching at the end of last series so was gutted when it wasn't going to be shown for this series. Can't believe it took me so long when I've been a dedicated Strictly fan from the beginning.
    Quite enjoying watching on line actually, lose all the pesky adverts. Not sure of everyones name yet but think Im liking the disney girl who danced first and Ralph and kirsty the best so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We're really looking forward to seeing Kirstie Alley doing the quickstep. And she thought things would slow down after the cha cha cha.
  • Options
    scarlottiscarlotti Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have always appreciated you posting the DWTS clips Force Ten - many thanks!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    DWTS_Fan wrote: »

Thank you for posting Maks blog, I read them every season, often fun reading.

Before I moving on I want to say that please put aside my spelling and gramma problems :o

I agree with them that says there are differences between SCD and DWTS but from my "foreigner view" I think there more things in common. Both productions are great shows with good dancing and singing guests and I think that the celebs standard are very good compared to many other countries dancingshows.

In my opinion the difference with the pro dancers in SCD and DWTS is that several pros in DWTS are young and have a little different background, for example a few have been in SYTYCD. And the producers in DWTS change the pros more than SCD, they wait until they have all celebs ready and then decides which pros should come in (but not really the case, some of the pros always there) ;)

The dancing world are indeed a small world and there are a lot of connections: Artem was in SYTYCD season 1 - ass choreg s 2 for Dmitry - who choreg for Lacey s 3 and for Chelsie s 4, they all have been in SYTYCD, and Lacey have been competed with Jared........ you can go on many hours..:)

I love to see good dancing and one of my favourites is a dance with Chelsie and Dmitry. They were both newbies season 8 (spring 2009) and they were paired with a married couple but Dmitrys partner Jewel was injured in rehearsels so she came and sang instead in a resultshow.
    The dance is a combo of contemporary and a rumba, look at ca 1,47 when Chelsies leg push into a swirwel and then the run and Dmitrys catch :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAd3pMcsjwM&feature=related

Wish you all a beautiful sunday!
  • Options
    peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Susan49 wrote: »
    I love to see good dancing and one of my favourites is a dance with Chelsie and Dmitry. They were both newbies season 8 (spring 2009) and they were paired with a married couple but Dmitrys partner Jewel was injured in rehearsels so she came and sang instead in a resultshow.
    The dance is a combo of contemporary and a rumba, look at ca 1,47 when Chelsies leg push into a swirwel and then the run and Dmitrys catch :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAd3pMcsjwM&feature=related

Wish you all a beautiful sunday!

Thanks, Susan - I am not normally a fan of the rumba but I really enjoyed that rumba hybrid. :) It was even worth enduring the horrible singing! I'm new to DWTS, but already I enjoy watching Dmitri dance - that lad has talent, as well as those lovely Russian arms.
  • Options
    salsamegsalsameg Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly can I thank Force Ten for posting the dances, as it is difficult to watch not "Watch" is not showing the programme.

Secondly for the Kartemites, my hubby has sent them to Baka for her perusal, I have an idea about her thoughts :eek:but will report back as soon as I hear :D.
  • Options
    Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those Dmitry fans he won an Emmy nomination for this AT that he choreographed for SYTCD. Chelsie Hightower and her partner Joshua (a hip hop dancer) were the dancers.

I don't know what the pros would say but I always thought that this was one of the most dramatic inspiring Argentine tangos I have seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXUm7nobsfU

and this is his Argentine tango with Mya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmFnrX-9DEI

I love to watch Dmitry tango. Artem and Dmitry are wonderfuol to watch at AT.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    salsameg wrote: »
    Firstly can I thank Force Ten for posting the dances, as it is difficult to watch not "Watch" is not showing the programme.

Secondly for the Kartemites, my hubby has sent them to Baka for her perusal, I have an idea about her thoughts :eek:but will report back as soon as I hear :D.

:D:D This is good news Meg, can´t wait to hear Bakas thoughts about the DWTS dances :p:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lili27 wrote: »
    For those Dmitry fans he won an Emmy nomination for this AT that he choreographed for SYTCD. Chelsie Hightower and her partner Joshua (a hip hop dancer) were the dancers.

I don't know what the pros would say but I always thought that this was one of the most dramatic inspiring Argentine tangos I have seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXUm7nobsfU

and this is his Argentine tango with Mya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmFnrX-9DEI

I love to watch Dmitry tango. Artem and Dmitry are wonderfuol to watch at AT.

Hi Lili! Happy to see that we like the same, I was thinking that I should post the AT before but now I don´t need to do that :)
    Must say that I really think that Joshua is one of the most talented dancer I have seen in SYTYCD, all season 4 he was outstanding! As a hip hop dancer he danced all kind of dances beautiful.

Forgive me for being off topic :o but I want to post a paso that Joshua and Kate did, it´s amazing!:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8h6KTRUWZg&feature=related
  • Options
    Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Susan. That was a dramatic paso. For never having danced ballroom Joshua was quite impressive. Loved that paso. Jason Gillkinson of BTF choreographed and you knew it would be dramatic.

What is wonderful about SYTCD is that the choreographer is allowed to be as creative as they want and not bound by the traditional ballroom rules. The contestants are people who are already good dancers, they just need to have the choreography to push them to their limits. I think that will be good news for Artem if he is indeed involved because I can see him choreographing an incredible dramatic paso with lifts, something he could not do on SCD.

Back to regularly scheduled programming.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    jetta wrote: »
    What is a Kartemite???

I am definately one of those, 'Kartemite' have been since the start of the series in the USA and UK:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope the couples have fun and dance well tonight, two fast dances in week two, the jive and the quickstep. ;) Interesting if the "oldest celebs" Kirstie and Ralph continues to be in the top :) I think I must take a quick look in the morning before work. :D Wish you all a good night! :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »

Can some of us be Kirmaks?