Will One direction crack America?

Comments

• abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imrightok wrote: »
    As far as I know it only gets priority if you as the recipient give it priority. I'm not saying that its easy to either reply to or read all the messages, but if they can decipher the famous people then they can see some of the less famous ones.

A couple weeks ago a tweeter tweeted to a well known person who was getting grief from someone, and she said how disappointing it was that well known tweeters reply to negative comments, but they don't respond to people who are complimentary, that seems a good way to get a response.
    abrightyz wrote: »
    majority of fans know it would be impossible now for the boys to see everybody on their timeline let alone tweet everybody but that doesn't stop them from trying to catch the boys' attention... coz they know sometimes some fans get lucky...;)

i think i answered that here so i'll just quote myself, lolz!!

we're at the brink of running in circles, don't you think?;)
  • imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    i think i answered that here so i'll just quote myself, lolz!!

we're at the brink of running in circles, don't you think?;)

Nah, you're quoting yourself because you like quoting yourself, this wouldn't be the first time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boys, boys, boys, lolz!! racking up £14 000 mobile phone bill whilst on tour in the US and aussie?:eek:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/one-direction-rack-up-14000-839603

it's good management signed off the bill after giving the boys a lecture on finances...:)

but management should also bear in mind that they can't have it both ways... always remember that it is the internet and the social media that really buoyed the boys to global stardom... unfortunately using their phones is essential to keeping in touch with their public...

management needs to device a way to cut on the prices of this very essential usage... prepaid local sim cards with internet access perhaps? whatever...

the boys go to a different country to perform for their fans... management makes arrangements to make their stay as hassle-free, comfortable and conducive for such as possible... arrangements for their basic necessities such as food, lodging, travel etc... they should include communication-- be it to family or fans-- as part of these necessities and help the boys in the arrangements for this...:D

but i agree with giving the boys occasional (constant?) dressing downs regarding their finances, lolz!!:p:cool:
    Everyone knows that its impossible to tweet to every follower, but for people who are so"dedicated"to their fans, and have run up a bill of £14000 , you would have thought that their twitter page would be crammed with tweets to they're their fans, after all lets not forget what we are taking about here. Its not so much they don't tweet their fans, its the bill of £14
    000 was not due to their loyalty to their fans as some would have you believe on the one hand, and then with their very next breath they contradict themselves by saying its ridiculous to expect them to do so.

the way you're so affected people might think it's you footing the bill. :rolleyes:

why do you want all of the £14K to go to the boys' tweets anyway? boys don't need to be tweeting fans 24/7 to be dedicated... lolz!!

most fans know it's through the hard work they put on their performances on tour and in their album itself...

boys explained to fans months back it would be impossible to tweet all the time but they read fans' tweets and for majority it's fine with them... coz that means whoever gets a tweet off them really feel lucky and special... :)

boys don't live in a vacuum, they are young guys away from their mums and family for the first time so they get homesick... texts and phone calls back home is essential to keep them grounded to reality as they are suddenly living a whirlwind life constantly in front of the camera...

and keeping in touch with their audience is not just tweeting the fans individually... it is also seeing firsthand what's happening in the net in general... boys are quite social-media-savvy, products of their own time that's why they are able to connect with their audience, they use the same language... one of the secrets of their success!!:p

you are not part of the fandom so how will you know how much the boys and their fans appreciate each other, lolz?!:rolleyes:

ETA 1D and directioners-- you have no idea...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, you're quoting yourself because you like quoting yourself, this wouldn't be the first time.

i do because i can, bebz...;)
    Forum Member
    the way you're so affected people might think it's you footing the bill. :rolleyes:

why do you want all of the £14K to go to the boys' tweets anyway? boys don't need to be tweeting fans 24/7 to be dedicated... lolz!!

most fans know it's through the hard work they put on their performances on tour and in their album itself...

boys explained to fans months back it would be impossible to tweet all the time but they read fans' tweets and for majority it's fine with them... coz that means whoever gets a tweet off them really feel lucky and special... :)

boys don't live in a vacuum, they are young guys away from their mums and family for the first time so they get homesick... texts and phone calls back home is essential to keep them grounded to reality as they are suddenly living a whirlwind life constantly in front of the camera...

and keeping in touch with their audience is not just tweeting the fans individually... it is also seeing firsthand what's happening in the net in general... boys are quite social-media-savvy, products of their own time that's why they are able to connect with their audience, they use the same language... one of the secrets of their success!!:p

you are not part of the fandom so how will you know how much the boys and their fans appreciate each other, lolz?!:rolleyes:

ETA 1D and directioners-- you have no idea...:D

Are there two of you? Coz one of you says that they accumulated such a big bill because if keeping in contact with family and fans, and then there's your doppelganger who says they can't spend all their time tweeting fans because there's too many.

You also say management can't have it both ways, by telling them to keep in contract with their fans, and then telling them off. It will be interesting to see which one of you comes on next.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are there two of you? Coz one of you says that they accumulated such a big bill because if keeping in contact with family and fans, and then there's your doppelganger who says they can't spend all their time tweeting fans because there's too many.

You also say management can't have it both ways, by telling them to keep in contract with their fans, and then telling them off. It will be interesting to see which one of you comes on next.

You're obviously fascinated. Just stay with this thread, it will get very busy again in the next few days, they're off to the States for the tour.:D (I bet you know all the details anyway, probably shouldn't bother).:p
    Forum Member
    String9 wrote: »
    You're obviously fascinated. Just stay with this thread, it will get very busy again in the next few days, they're off to the States for the tour.:D (I bet you know all the details anyway, probably shouldn't bother).:p

Yeah, I'm sure I would know all the details if I was preteen girl. By the way, do you know all their itinerary?.

stupid question.
    Forum Member

Nah, I'm more fascinated by preteens who cry hysterically over boys they've never met and not likely to ever meet, who proclaim their undying love for guys, who, if they saw on the road wouldn't give them second look.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

lolz!!

FYI:
    accumulating big bill keeping in contact with family and fans;
    can't spend all their time tweeting fans
    = not mutually exclusive:p

(then add the exorbitant international tariff)

and why do i even have to explain this to you even, but here you go:
    management can't have it both ways>>>>meaning: enjoying the horde of fans culled thru the internet and social media and not paying for it via boys' mobiles... comprendes now?!!:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

oh thank you... never felt more fascinating in my life, lolz!!:o
    Forum Member
    lolz!!

FYI:
    accumulating big bill keeping in contact with family and fans;
    can't spend all their time tweeting fans
    = not mutually exclusive:p

(then add the exorbitant international tariff)

and why do i even have to explain this to you even, but here you go:
    management can't have it both ways>>>>meaning: enjoying the horde of fans culled thru the internet and social media and not paying for it via boys' mobiles... comprendes now?!!:rolleyes:

No, you're right. No need to explain. twitter tells me everything I need to know as regards their contact with their fans, and no amount of people trying to cover over what they get up to will change that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, you're right. No need to explain. twitter tells me everything I need to know as regards their contact with their fans, and no amount of people trying to cover over what they get up to will change that.

...but you know we'll miss you? :o

whenever you're lonely... you know where to find us...:cool:
    Forum Member
    ...but you know we'll miss you? :o

whenever you're lonely... you know where to find us...:cool:

Miss me why? I didn't say that I was going anywhere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss me why? I didn't say that I was going anywhere.

no, and you didn't say neither that you want to run in circles...;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, I'm more fascinated by preteens who cry hysterically over boys they've never met and not likely to ever meet, who proclaim their undying love for guys, who, if they saw on the road wouldn't give them second look.

You always sound like you are closer to the ages of those teens you described above than those of their fans on here.:D
    Forum Member
    You always sound like you are closer to the ages of those teens you described above than those of their fans on here.:D

The way you say that is as though there fans on here are older than preteens. You can fool some people some of the times, but you can't fool all of the people all of the times. I'm not falling for that one.
    Forum Member
    no, and you didn't say neither that you want to run in circles...;)

I'm not running in circles, if you're getting dizzy, you better get off the ride.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way you say that is as though there fans on here are older than preteens. You can fool some people some of the times, but you can't fool all of the people all of the times. I'm not falling for that one.

I am going to sue you for plagerism. I used those words further up the thread . How very dare you :D;)
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member

Lol, awkward how all of us are well over the pre-teen age :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lolz!! (If I may borrow Ab's expression):D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not running in circles, if you're getting dizzy, you better get off the ride.

ok... keep still... i'm getting off now...;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lolz!! (If I may borrow Ab's expression):D:D

but of course, duhlin'...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok... keep still... i'm getting off now...;)

how was that?

was it as good for you as it was for me?:p

we should do this more often...

i love the way you make me feel young-er... shave whole decades off my chronological age, lolz!;):D
    Forum Member

Don't you mean.

"wow, thats awkward we're well over pre teen age, and we like teeny boppers".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *BRB. just off to watch the last two episodes of the scandi-crime-drama The Bridge off iPlayer... excited for the big reveal who the murderer is, lolz!!:eek::eek:*